Sri Lanka in Australia Dec-Jan 2012/13

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yea i won't move Clarke from # 5 @ all. Like S Waugh in the same position, he seems made for the spot & i wouldn't want to play with that stability he brings to the # 5 spot now.

Also now that Ponting is gone, the opening to me has to come @ # 3 -with Watson dropping down to # 4. Watson needs to become oz's kallis or something very close to it. Some people tend to say he is weak against spin & dont want him batting outside the top 3. But that is a defeatist position & suggest that watto can't adapt to be frank. He needs to become a big run scorer & has to adapt his game.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
1-Ed Cowan
2-David Warner Or Phillip Hughes
3-Alex Doolan Or Usman Khawaja
4-Shane Watson
5-Michael Clarke
6-Michael Hussey
7-Brad Haddin,Wade is usually Drunk
8-Mitchell Johnson
9-Mitchell Starc
10-Nathan Lyon
11-Gary Putland Or Jackson Bird

12th Man-Alister McDermott

Injuries- Pattinson and Cummins.Don't know anything about Siddle injury

Last edited:

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
^Pattinson and Cummins are both out for a few months. Siddle isn't really injured per se, he was just fatigued after Adelaide. He'll be back for Hobart with Hilfenhaus.

I'm guessing there won't be any changes apart from Ponting's replacement. 4 of the batsmen scored 100s against SA, so they will be retained (Cowan, Warner, Clarke, M.Hussey). Watson only had 1 Test to show anything so he'll get another run. Wade will get another go too after that 50 in Perth. And the bowlers seem pretty self explanatory: Johnson and Starc were decent in Perth, they will get retained and Siddle and Hilfenhaus will come in for Hastings and Hazlewood.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Wade is usually Drunk so better play Haddin :yes

War

Chairman of Selectors

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Geez just when you think he is over them. Just crazy how the same young quicks are getting injured. Luckily pace bowling is where we have depth still have Bird, Butterworth and Cutting in reserve should we need them.

We should get a good idea of how much importance the selectors place on these Chairmen 11 games by seeing if they pick Khawaja, Hughes or Doolan.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
^So Doolan was close, and I think one reason might be because of the large number of left handers in the team now. With Hughes that's 5 of the top 7 as lefties. If Johnson, Starc or Pattinson (in future) play that's even more of them! Graeme Swann will be watching with interest...or maybe it's to combat Monty's influence!

WADE was drunk through out the RSA series

Perhaps I'll regret asking this question, but you've mentioned it 3 times now...what the hell are you referring too??

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Would be a welcome official stat for Scott Henry, but this is a 12 a side game. A landmark for a guy who looks like he's going to be around a while, none the less.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Henry has been making some runs of late, slow starter but still a young fella.

Good luck to Hughes I hope he has turned the corner and can reestablish himself. Rest of the squad picks itself, I don't trust in going back to a Siddle, Hilfy and Johnson attack so hopefully they stick with Starc.

Bilay

Banned
don't like the inclusion of Philip Hughes in the test side.........this guy will struggle against rangana herath & co...
@Aussi selectors:-What are you people waiting for?pick Alex Doolan or Micheal Klinger for the longer version

Users who are viewing this thread