India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The Indians and Aussies have already confirmed a series in Jan 2016.
Fixtures:
ODI Series
1st ODI: January 12, WACA, Perth
2nd ODI: January 15, Gabba, Brisbane
3rd ODI: January 17, MCG, Melbourne
4th ODI: January 20, Manuka Oval, Canberra
5th ODI: January 23, SCG, Sydney

T20I Series
1st T20: January 26, Adelaide Oval, Adelaide
2nd T20: January 29, MCG, Melbourne
3rd T20: January 31, SCG, Sydney

Squads:
Shikhar Dhawan
Rohit Sharma
Virat Kohli
Ajinkya Rahane
Manish Pandey
MS Dhoni :c:
Ravichandran Ashwin
Ravindra Jadeja
Mohammed Shami
Axar Patel
Ishant Sharma
Umesh Yadav
Gurkeerat Singh Mann
Rishi Dhawan
B Sran
Shikhar Dhawan
Rohit Sharma
Virat Kohli
Ajinkya Rahane
Yuvraj Singh
MS Dhoni :c:
Suresh Raina
Ravichandran Ashwin
Ravindra Jadeja
Mohammed Shami
Harbhajan Singh
Umesh Yadav
B Kumar
Hardik Pandya
Ashish Nehra
Steve Smith :c:
David Warner
George Bailey
Scott Boland
Josh Hazlewood
James Faulkner
Aaron Finch
Mitch Marsh
Shaun Marsh
Glenn Maxwell
Kane Richardson
Joel Paris
Matthew Wade
T.B.A.

Last edited:

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Finally, Rishi Dhawan has been picked in ODI's.

ODI Team: Shikhar, Rohit, Virat, Rahane, Manish, MSD (C), Ashwin,Jadeja, Mohd. Shami, Axar, Ishant, Umesh, Gurkeerat, Rishi, Sran

They have dropped Raina from ODI team and have included Manish Pandey in place of him. Shami is back in the squad in place of Mohit Sharma and Ishant is back for Bhuvi. Brainder Sran has been called up which is a surprise because he is just a medium pace bowler. However, he is left handed so that might be the reason for his call-up to add that variety into the bowling attack.

Surpsing to see Pandey in the squad because he has decent OD record but nothing spectacular. It might be his big hitting ability that has got him in the squad? I hope they give Gurkeerat a chance before Pandey because Gurkeerat has performed well in that late middle order position in last year in A series and also in domestic cricket.

T20 Team: Shikhar, Rohit, Virat,Rahane, Yuvraj, MSD (C),Raina, Ashwin, Jadeja, Mohd. Shami, Harbhajan, Umesh, Hardik, Bhuvi, Nehra

So Yuvraj is back for T20's and so is Shami. I am surprised to see Nehra there but he has been bowling well in T20's at the death so it's hard to argue against that decision. Good to see Hardik Pandya in the squad. He is very raw but he can be a superstar with his all-round ability. T20 squad actually looks strong to me. Let's see how they perform in Australia.

Yuvraj, Nehra included in T20 squad for Australia series | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Oh yeh, most important part of the post, fearsome tweak Stuart Binny.

Last edited:

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Finally, Rishi Dhawan has been picked in ODI's.

ODI Team: Shikhar, Rohit, Virat, Rahane, Manish, MSD (C), Ashwin,Jadeja, Mohd. Shami, Axar, Ishant, Umesh, Gurkeerat, Rishi, Sran

They have dropped Raina from ODI team and have included Manish Pandey in place of him. Shami is back in the squad in place of Mohit Sharma and Ishant is back for Bhuvi. Brainder Sran has been called up which is a surprise because he is just a medium pace bowler. However, he is left handed so that might be the reason for his call-up to add that variety into the bowling attack.

Surpsing to see Pandey in the squad because he has decent OD record but nothing spectacular. It might be his big hitting ability that has got him in the squad? I hope they give Gurkeerat a chance before Pandey because Gurkeerat has performed well in that late middle order position in last year in A series and also in domestic cricket.

T20 Team: Shikhar, Rohit, Virat,Rahane, Yuvraj, MSD (C),Raina, Ashwin, Jadeja, Mohd. Shami, Harbhajan, Umesh, Hardik, Bhuvi, Nehra

So Yuvraj is back for T20's and so is Shami. I am surprised to see Nehra there but he has been bowling well in T20's at the death so it's hard to argue against that decision. Good to see Hardik Pandya in the squad. He is very raw but he can be a superstar with his all-round ability. T20 squad actually looks strong to me. Let's see how they perform in Australia.

Yuvraj, Nehra included in T20 squad for Australia series | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Oh yeh, most important part of the post, fearsome tweak Stuart Binny.
Pandey is not at all a big hitter. But, I am happy to see him in the team. He is a good player. After giving only 1 chance in ODI, it was bit unfair to drop him considering he performed well in that match. Also happy to see Raina being dropped. Overall, nice selection. Although I haven't heard much about new player like Sran and I don't think Hardik is ready for International level. They should have given someone else a chance rather than Hardik. Anyway, I don't think he will get to play a match.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
What did Vinay Kumar do to get excluded? He has been a leading Wicket-Taker since last two seasons in all the tournment he played.

Top of the all the bowling stats table with number of man of the match and man of the series/tournment awards. The new guys like Sran/ Pandya are although performing well but Vinay has some experience in playing international matches overseas which makes him completely eligible to get a chance in the squad touring Australia.

BTW very happy to see Yuvi back into the T20 side.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Pandey is not at all a big hitter. But, I am happy to see him in the team. He is a good player. After giving only 1 chance in ODI, it was bit unfair to drop him considering he performed well in that match. Also happy to see Raina being dropped. Overall, nice selection. Although I haven't heard much about new player like Sran and I don't think Hardik is ready for International level. They should have given someone else a chance rather than Hardik. Anyway, I don't think he will get to play a match.
First of all, I love to see players like Binny are dropped. Shami back is the best outcome for us in the Australian derby. Hardik has impressed everyone in the IPL and the Ranjo Trophy, don't mind giving him a game. The selection of Pandey seems a bit rusty as he is the same Pandey playing since he was last picked. Hoping for a cracker series.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
What did Vinay Kumar do to get excluded? He has been a leading Wicket-Taker since last two seasons in all the tournment he played.

Top of the all the bowling stats table with number of man of the match and man of the series/tournment awards. The new guys like Sran/ Pandya are although performing well but Vinay has some experience in playing international matches overseas which makes him completely eligible to get a chance in the squad touring Australia.

Only thing he did was scoring the fasted cenury with the ball of just 50-balls. :p
-
BTW Happy to see Raina dropped and Yuvi in for the respective formats. Would love to see either of the Pathon bros to play for their special abilites of swing and hit respectively.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Pandey is not at all a big hitter. But, I am happy to see him in the team. He is a good player. After giving only 1 chance in ODI, it was bit unfair to drop him considering he performed well in that match.

I have seen Pandey play in IPL and to say he is not a big hitter at all is unfair. He can hit them big but if he is not in squad for that role then I would have preferred to see Kedar Jadhav in the squad. He has been a proven performer in domestic cricket and I think he deserves his chance. Taking over Raina's position won't be an easy task.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
First of all, I love to see players like Binny are dropped. Shami back is the best outcome for us in the Australian derby. Hardik has impressed everyone in the IPL and the Ranjo Trophy, don't mind giving him a game. The selection of Pandey seems a bit rusty as he is the same Pandey playing since he was last picked. Hoping for a cracker series.

He has played decently atmost 1 or 2 matches in Ranji. That is not enough to be in the overseas squad. If India were playing in home, then that's fine. I think India should have gone to someone else. But anyway, let's see. Nice to see new face in the squad. Just hoped it was someone else.

I have seen Pandey play in IPL and to say he is not a big hitter at all is unfair. He can hit them big but if he is not in squad for that role then I would have preferred to see Kedar Jadhav in the squad. He has been a proven performer in domestic cricket and I think he deserves his chance. Taking over Raina's position won't be an easy task.

He is not a big hitter, he is a hitter. That's all. I am following Pandey,Uthappa, and other Karnataka players since so many years. He is definitely no match to Raina's big hitting ability. He is more of a consistent player who plays according to the situation. I am very happy that he is in the squad. I always wanted him to be in squad. But, definitely he won't be playing a role as a big hitter in this Indian team. What I feel is they are trying new possibilities for that position in the team. They might tell him to go for big shots if he will be in the playing IX but I never envisioned him as a big hitter. I am eager to see what his role will be. As lower order is not at all performing in recent times.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
He is not a big hitter, he is a hitter. That's all. I am following Pandey,Uthappa, and other Karnataka players since so many years. He is definitely no match to Raina's big hitting ability. He is more of a consistent player who plays according to the situation. I am very happy that he is in the squad. I always wanted him to be in squad. But, definitely he won't be playing a role as a big hitter in this Indian team. What I feel is they are trying new possibilities for that position in the team. They might tell him to go for big shots if he will be in the playing IX but I never envisioned him as a big hitter. I am eager to see what his role will be. As lower order is not at all performing in recent times.

I would have still preferred Kedar Jadhav over Manish Pandey purely because Jadhav has been more consistent for years now in List A matches. Even in the ongoing Vijay Hazare trophy, he is the 3rd highest run scorer I think with a very good strike rate. The only thing that might have gone against Jadhav is his age.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I would have still preferred Kedar Jadhav over Manish Pandey purely because Jadhav has been more consistent for years now in List A matches. Even in the ongoing Vijay Hazare trophy, he is the 3rd highest run scorer I think with a very good strike rate. The only thing that might have gone against Jadhav is his age.
Ya, for Raina's position, Kedar Jadhav would have suited more. Also, we don't know who fills Raina's position. It might even be Gurkeerat or or Maish Pandey or Rishi. I hope it won't be Aksar. His bowling is decent, but I don't think he will be able to clear the big Aussie boundaries.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India

Agree. Vinay is the leading wicket taker in many tournaments. He is a handy batsman too. But, Vinay is expensive. But yeah, he deserves another chance considering his consistent and excellent performance in domestic cricket.

PokerAce

Banned
Holy Fk Rishi Dhawan is in the side finally !! Now if he gets a good run, not one of those water carrying for one series and then never seen again types, I think we have a really good all-round option.

Yuvraj also returns, clearly with a view to the world T20.

Toally clueless on Sran though. But I like this side. Raina being dropped makes a statement and that should get the players on their toes.

PokerAce

Banned
BTW I just saw Hardik in the T20 side ... has BCCI given to his demands and selected him as part of the Patel reservation agitation ;P

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
BTW I just saw Hardik in the T20 side ... has BCCI given to his demands and selected him as part of the Patel reservation agitation ;P

Whatever little I have seen from him at the IPL, he looks like a guy who is very capable of hitting from the very first ball which India really needs at the moment. Apart from Raina, we don't have anyone who can do that in our current line-up, so it is a very bold but exciting move by selectors. Bold because he is still very raw but if he can overcome his nerves, he can be a very handy player for India in short format of the game. He also bowls at lively pace to complement his big hitting so a good all-round package. I just hope he gets a chance and can show what he is capable of.

Users who are viewing this thread