Pakistani Tour of New Zealand, Dec-Feb 2010/11

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
And you can't take in bottles more than 750ml in size.
So because I don't want to waste my money on their rip off prices, for OD games/tests I end up taking in like four 600/750ml bottles.
At Seddon Park you were allowed to take in water, and bigger bottles.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Quite annoying as I brought a Powerade into Wellington and they wouldn't allow it. Even though it wasn't even open.

although i like the way all stands are now connected, i ended up sitting close to the sight screen in the South Stand when i originally bought tickets for the west stand.

Yea I liked how the stands were connected, didn't know about it so just went the South stand tickets, next time I'll be going West :p

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
For the T20 I had two clear water bottles, but because I'd refilled them with water and they weren't sealed, I had to tip them out. There was free water inside though, so in the end it didn't really matter, just rather annoying.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Pakistan did very well throughout the series. They were a bit lazy today but overall performed well. Afridi did some mistakes in some pressure I guess, particularly not giving bowling to Akhtar and Razzaq at the death overs.

Asad Shafiq is a good sensible players, he should be in place of umar akmal. Umar Akmal is no Afridi or Razzaq, He simply has needs some time to get his form back.

Anyhow good series and really good words by Captains from both sides.

And I wanna say about the Eden Park Ground. It was really fascinating and it reminded me the World Cup 1992 Grounds of Newzeland. Such a delight to watch the play in that beautiful ground.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've a friend who was working as a security guard there yesterday. I suppose they have to be harsh as practice for the RWC.

A good win though, Bennett's not looking too bad, and I'd say that the team yesterday would be the final XI except for Vettori instead of Woodcock.

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
Yeah, a good win for the Kiwis. Pathetic excuse from the Pakistan camp that they might have lost some motivation - should have gone for the win regradless of the dead-rubber, and it takes away from what was an amazing performance from the Kiwis. All of their units fired today - batting, bowling and fielding. Shows their potential and bodes well for the WC :thumbs

ferg512

International Coach
Yeah we won, but I wouldn't take a lot out of it, heaps easier when there is no pressure being a dead rubber. Pakistan probably didn't even care, nor should they. They had already won the series which was their aim. Woodcock was pretty disappointing. Its really going to be a toss up between Bennett and Southee (as to who makes our first XI), thats a really tough decision as I don't think we can play 3 seamers. Both did ok but not great.

----------

Just read Oram is injured again, should be ok for WC but seriously the sooner this guy goes the better. He really needs to harden up a bit.

Chewie

BCCI President
Yeah we won, but I wouldn't take a lot out of it, heaps easier when there is no pressure being a dead rubber. Pakistan probably didn't even care, nor should they. They had already won the series which was their aim. Woodcock was pretty disappointing. Its really going to be a toss up between Bennett and Southee (as to who makes our first XI), thats a really tough decision as I don't think we can play 3 seamers. Both did ok but not great.

----------

Just read Oram is injured again, should be ok for WC but seriously the sooner this guy goes the better. He really needs to harden up a bit.

I'd say Southee is guaranteed a place. If anything, it'll be between Bennett and Oram for the third seamer position.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, we don't really need Oram's batting.
Without it we'd still have Nathan McCullum/Vettori at 7 and 8, and Mills at 9.

If Oram's fully fit he'd be in my team, but that's never going to be a certainty.

ferg512

International Coach
Yeah, but Southees performances weren't too encouraging if you exclude that first game. At least Bennett got some wickets when he got hit. Also what was with Ryder batting at 3?? I'm assuming now he made a hundred that they'll leave him there for the WC.

Chewie

BCCI President
I don't mind Ryder at 3. And Southee looks more dangerous than Mills tbh.

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
I don't mind Ryder at 3.

he pretty much opened though, what if McCullum and Guptill get off to a good start and use up the powerplays and then ryder will struggle to make quick runs and eventually get out way before the batting powerplay is taken.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
I'd prefer Mills over both of them by a mile. He has a lot more experience that I think will be very important, and also adds a bit in batting.

He was probably our second best pace bowler behind Southee in Christchurch, and in the two most recent matches he's easily been the best.

Users who are viewing this thread