Sri Lanka tour of New Zealand

cricketmad09

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Are there alot of Kiwi's injured at the moment? Because that team looks like its full of nobodies.

irottev

School Cricketer
Styris, Mills and Oram are injured. Bond and Fleming are being rested but are back for the remaining games. Astle also took the game off because he took some nasty hits in the first match.

Styris and Mills returned to domestic cricket yesterday so good signs.

It's funny when a team of nobodies beats the best side a country can put on the park. [/brag]

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I followed the end of the match and this is the closest ODI I've seen in a while. The result of this match is good, since now both teams are evenly squared again.

irottev

School Cricketer
Fleming is having another game off but Bond is back for a home game.

I just hope the weather is alright. Forecast for showers and southerlys :(

nuffa

Club Cricketer
Man.. yesterday's match was soooooo close....

Fleming is off for 3rd match also??

irottev

School Cricketer
Went in and watched it live today. Not the best match I have ever seen. There were some pretty good moments though.

It was cold and the showers didn't help. I was quite astonished that so many people were in the crowd and stayed. It was great! I rekon we would of had a fantastic crowd if he got an Aussie game :(

The Sri Lankan batting was pretty pathetic. Things were against them, there was a little in the wicket and the breaks can't have helped. Even so, they went out pretty softly and stupidly for most of it. Silly shots straight to fielders/the bowler and two runouts. The run-outs though were amazing. What a fantastic direct hit from Vettori and the James Marshall and McCullum one was fantastic work. His catch down the legside was also amazing. Keeper catches don't come much better. He must be one of the best glovemen in the world at the moment. Hardly ever does he make mistakes, puts great pressure on batsmen, talks a lot to the bowlers and is always switched on. He really is showing great potential as an opening batsman as well. He could probably bat anywhere and do a great job. Man he is great to watch. So much confidance.

Mason bowled much better and Bond showed good signs and was again a little unlucky. His wicket was a beauty. Bowled a beamer he won't be proud of though. Was a little rusty, but even so, it was a decent performance. Gillespie was tidy and Vettori was far too good for the tail. Franklin was Franklin, bowled great at times and poor at others. His bating was needed again and he came through.

Great innings from Fulton, hit some fantastic sixes. He is so strong in the on-side and straight down the ground. Just gets carried away sometimes and has some problems with leaving deliveries. Murili was working him over for a while but he started to get singles off him effectively.

Good signs, Fleming to return and Mills and Styris on their way back. We will be ready for you Australia and England!!! Squad named tomorrow I believe.

Vettori at 5 isn't working. He played 2 nice shots but played a shot which didn't quite come off. Didn't really need to. All the batsman really went out playing attacking strokes, so really it looks closer then it should have been. Sri Lanka's bowling wasn't great apart fromv Murili who we manage to play out reasonably well really. Taylor got a bad one. Why they didn't go upstairs I will never know.

I saw Baxter walking through at the end of the match and I was heavily tempted to tell him he's useless but I decided to have decent respect and besides, it wouldn't really help him. He will know he's made 3 shockers against us.

Hamish Marshall was pretty unlucky, probably one of the only of the batters with an exucse for getting out. Pretty unlucky. The Marshalls in the field were fantastic.

pal

International Coach
Sanath Jayasuriya is amazing. As I write this, he has hit three sixes in a row (Make that four from five balls). He certainly hasn't fazed with age.

Last edited:

prarara

International Cricketer
numerical symbols GAAAAH!

End of over 12 (12 runs) - Sri Lanka 80/0 (RR: 6.66)

ThePAW

School Cricketer
LOL he's absolutely caning anything coming his way, scoring seems to be slowing down now, NZ desperately need to get Thuranga on strike. Jayasuriya is immense.

OoooooOoooOh NZ have a chance now top edged it to fine leg

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Thats an amazing spell of bowling by Gillespie, 3 wickets and going at an economy of 2.37. Hes recovered well since that first ODI where he took a smashing.

charith

Club Captain
Nah the pitchs got a little movement but Vaas is just quite outstanding to be honest the length and the lines just brilliant. The way he set up Ross talyor and marshall top shelf. Fleming looked really rusty and how many times has vaas got him plumb playin around his pad like dat.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
This has been the problem for NZ, once their top order goes the rest follow quite quickly. Vettori has been missed as he is perfect for this situation. McMillian is still there staking his claim.

charith

Club Captain
Well the series is level but reckon its not as level as it is. Sri Lanka, on both occasions they've won have won so convincingly making NZ look like club opposition, in Napier with the poor bowling and today in Auckland with the batting. Both times NZ have won they've just scraped through. Can't really blame it to be honest one of the best opening spells u'll ever see from Vaas swinging the ball both ways and after that initial loss without someone experiance like astle in themiddle order NZ seemed to be running through the motions.

How good is sanath i mean he literally hits good balls out of the park. As a bowler u gt to feel so hard done. I thought Atapattu was slow and delayed thngs and SL were 40-50 runs short, but it was great bowling from Gillespie and Bond.

On to Hamilton. More rotation frm NZ?

Users who are viewing this thread