Sri Lanka tour of New Zealand

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
At least there was a funny finish installed when McMillian tried to duck a bouncer but left the bat there, ball went flying and Fernado drops an absolute sitter. Other than that great bowling by Sri Lanka.

Helpman

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
hmmmm. Irottev - "It's funny when a team of nobodies beats the best side a country can put on the park"..... 70 odd all out? Thats fantastic!

kodos

International Coach
Auckland, Eden Park, seems to be a bad ground for NZ in recent times. If I recall correctly they were also hammered last year by Australia in the CH tophy but then they bounced back. Perhaps we will see the same this time round.

irottev

School Cricketer
Oddball said:
hmmmm. Irottev - "It's funny when a team of nobodies beats the best side a country can put on the park"..... 70 odd all out? Thats fantastic!
Whats your point?

Sri Lanka thrashing our B side doesn't surprise me. It's what should be happening. SL should feel pretty bad they lost to them twice. I am sure every international side has been bowled out for under 100 before at some stage, It happens. This isn't our best side by any means and I just wish we woiuld stop skrewing around with this roatation crap. I wanted a 4-1 whitewash like last year or something simular.

Only McCullum, Bondy and Fleming are automatic selections. Taylor would be pretty much a certainty and Patel and Gillespie are stakeing good claims. The rest are the ones who are playing for spots and filling in for the likes of Oram, Styris and Mills and arn't performing. So no real worries about being rolled.

But whilst theres no worries, it is pretty embarrising and poor. We should have made at least 100.

Eden Park is a prety crucial toss to win really. It's a bat first pitch because of the way the ball swings and seams when the dew comes and under the lights. It also happened against Australia there. But then after that match we scored over 300 twice chasing, so it shows really hard conditions. They should have knuckled down and done better though.

Franklin didn't play. He's our closest thing to Vaas. He swings the ball. So we may have kept SL more quiet with him. Gillespie bowled very well and so did Patel. However Mason and Adams are crap. Mason at least can be effective, but isn't good enough.

I didn't actually see the game (thank god) so this is just judgeing by the cricnfo commentary and the news. It seems Vaas was on fire today and we played some horrible, ugly shots against the others. A lot will be said about us not pedrforming, but really, Vaas won it for Sri Lanka and Jaysuria, well afte rhis start, those 70 off 44 seemed amazing. Mason isn't good enough to contain him.

Bring on the 5th game. I hope we play Franklin and Danny this time around. We had a long tail today and the Sri Lankans got to it pretty quickly. I wouldn't look too much into the performance though. But it's nothing to be proud of. This roatation better end before the aussie, eng tri series or I will be very annoyed. No other side is sacrificing winning to try crap like this.

This is what I want to see.

Fleming
Astle
Taylor
Styris
???
Oram
McCullum
Vettori
Franklin
Mills
Bond

I don't mind McCullum opening, but they have to replace him down the order first. So far he has got starts and hasn't gone on. Not good enough for me. ??? Could be Fulton, Marshall, McMillan or someone. Really, no one has stood out. I would lean towards Fulton agt the moment because of the 43 at Jade. Gillespie and Patel there if needed. Franklin would come out for Patel if we played 2 spinners.

One final note, and a damn positive from a poor match. Bond was bowling the fastest I have seen for a while, He wasn't holding back so much. Cricinfo says he bowled over 150 on a handful of occasions. Fantastic news. He was pretty tidy as well.

irottev

School Cricketer
Crap way to end the series.

This weather NZ has been getting is horse crap. Absolutly ridiculous.

2-2 ODI series, 1-1 test series and 1-1 twenty20 series. May be a while if it ever happens again.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Lol all tied series thats a first, maybe SL have to comeback here again and settle that ;)
Agreed though disappointing end as it would have been interesting see how the last ODI would have gone.

Users who are viewing this thread