Australia tour of New Zealand 2010

irottev

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Johnson was exceptional (aside from the pair :P). As much as he's a ██████, I'll admit it. As usual, we played alright for half the game, but the other half we played so poorly that it totally ruined us. Same ████ different day.

Don't see Chris Martin playing again. His possible last bat bought him a 4 and a nice 5* so that's one positive.

ajdude

International Coach
We know what it means!! We got the joke, but Dare was talking about Aj's reaction ...
If you know what it means, surely you'd realise that my reaction was to do with age_of_the_fall's comment, and not the fact that Johnson took 10? Perhaps reading would be in order.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
i didnt say you were LOLing because of Johnson's 10. That was Dare you numbnuts. :D

Crew of Black

Club Cricketer
I'd stick a fork in Martin, he's done. I'd also love to say thats the end of Jeetan Patel's career, but he'll still somehow be in the side when we go to Bangladesh later on in the year.

Last edited:

TumTum

International Cricketer
Clarke is moving up to #4 :banana2

Finally!! Hussey was never a good top order batsmen, and Clarke definitely deserves it.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Michael Clarke in line for move to No. 4 | Cricket News | New Zealand v Australia 2009-10 | Cricinfo.com

Yep, seems like it's going to happen. Good move IMO. If Hussey was firing all cylinders then I would say keep him at 4 but Clarke has been in brilliant form and this will be good for him since guessing he'll be gunning for the No. 3 spot when he takes over from Ponting. And the move down for Hussey could also work out for him as well. He does well in ODIs coming in 6-7. That could translate into the his test game.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Good move, Hussey is awesome when batting with the tail and having him come in a bit later could see him play his ODI game.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
I'd stick a fork in Martin, he's done. I'd also love to say thats the end of Jeetan Patel's career, but he'll still somehow be in the side when we go to Bangladesh later on in the year.

You didn't by any chance read what Vettori had to say about both of them did you?

Vettori on Chris Martin:

"I hope people don't write his obituary just yet," Vettori said. "I know he is determined to play for a while longer. He wants 200 Test wickets and I'm really confident Chris Martin can be in the mix with the fast bowlers [for the next tours]. I know he wants to and is desperate to. He is not pleased with his performance in this Test match and hopefully that makes him hungry to get better and get stronger for next season

Personally, if thats all he wants from this point onwards he should just retire now. It's all well and good being a 28-30 year old and saying I'd like to get another 120 wickets from here to get to 300, but when you're 35 and you just want to scrap through to 200 wickets that can't be a good thing for the national team.

Vettori on Jeetan Patel:

They need to bang the door down with their domestic performances," Vettori said. "Jeetan tends to dominate at that first-class level and he's a very good bowler. Sometimes when he is in and out of the team it is difficult so with some Tests coming up on the subcontinent that is his real opportunity to shine

What really bugs me with this comment is that only a week ago he wanted Tim Southee gone because he wasn't stepping up to the level Vettori wanted him playing at, yet Southee does everything (he actually dominates a whole lot more) that Patel does at the domestic level, he's also in and out of the team just as much as well.

I really hope Vettori isn't playing favourites with some of his mates at the selection table, it sure as heck isn't going to help New Zealand out at the moment nor in the future.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Ye Patel is garbage spinner. I reckon Nathan McCullum could be more useful in tests as NZ back-up spinner.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
He'd be a better "cricketer" I doubt he'd be anymore effective with the ball however. If Daniel Vettori wants to keep batting himself at six then Nathan McCullum would be perfect for this New Zealand team at the moment. If however Vettori moves back down to eight I'd much rather see McCullum's domestic teammate Nick Beard come into the team. Far better attacking spinner IMO as he actually gives the ball a fair rip.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Southee scored the third most runs for NZ in the second test lol

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Should have played Williamson at 8 if they really wanted two spinners (given he was in the squad), he couldn't be any worse than Patel with the ball and he would have gave your tail a major wag.

Users who are viewing this thread