Bangladesh Tour of New Zealand 2010

irottev

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
We do have huge bowling worries. Was good to see Southee pick up 3 at the end. That might boost his confidence. He bowls well at times but at other times he bowls short and wide. He's a bit skitzo with the ball.

I think last time we played Australia Southee did really well in one of the innings and had them about 4 or 5 down pretty quick.

I wonder when the squad will be announced.

Crew of Black

Club Cricketer
Good effort by the Bangers. :clap:clap:clap

I think this time, you can really say they are a team on the rise, they've got a world-class talent with the bat in Tamim Iqbal. Two handy spin-bowling all-rounders in Shakib & Mahmudullah. If they could just find some good pace bowlers, then they might start to become more of a consistent threat.

For us though, our top order still looks shaky, and our bowling unit lacked any real penetration, and if thats the bowling attack to face the Aussies then i'd highly doubt we can get 20 wickets against them in a test.

Guptill was great in this test, I don't expect his form to carry over to the series against oz, but it will set him up for the long run, McCullum also played a great knock as well, though i'm not going to holding my breath in hope that this is the turning point in him becoming an elite player. McIntosh also wasn't too bad with the bat as well :eek:, however he cost us in at least 2 of those runouts, which is not a good sign against a team that consistently make direct hits while in the field.

All in all, Bangladesh has improved heaps, since our last series against them, and for us, unless Andy McKay becomes the second coming, we will be destroyed by the Aussies in both tests.

Also, i've said it once and i'll say it again, Jeetan Patel must never play another game of international cricket, either give the older McCullum a shot or just take a gamble on Nick Beard, anyone else but that "non-stop delivery service for pies".

Hopefully they are waiting to see what Williamson can do on sunday. :p

He has to be selected going by his current form, he'd be a straight swap for Broom IMO.

Last edited:

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
A well deserved century for Shakib, after getting out cheaply in the 1st innings he did well to get this one.
Lots of negatives for Bangladesh but there were some good positives. Shakib did well during the tour, especially in this test. Riyad was impressive, hopefully he gets moved to #6 instead of being wasted at #8, he should have a good home series against England.
Tamim did well and had some good start but he needs to check his attitude and leave some balls, even the best attacking batsman in the game leave some hittable balls and wait for a real mistake from the bowler. Its good to be aggressive and thats his game but he needs to keep working hard and improve for Bangladesh.
Bangladesh got 10 days to find a replacement for Ashraful, he has been given enough chances but has just failed way too much. Hopefully they have some kids in domestic cricket that can step up. Alok Kapali was just 18 when he made his test debut and he played his last test 4 years ago but he needs to be given a chance at least. He cant do much worse then Ashraful has done.

Crew of Black

Club Cricketer
Well, he'd be batting no.5 in the order at the very least, and it will be a very long time before he'll ever get a shot in our first choice top 4, bar any injury. he has made runs at the no.5 spot in domestic cricket, and he's already a far more accomplished 50 over batsman than Broom anyway, so I doubt he'd have the same problems as Broom has had in ODI cricket.

Mike23

Associate Cricketer
Why on earth is Nathan McCullum not given chance? he bowls a lot better than Patel and if NZ are going for 2 spinners against the Aussies Patel has to be dropped.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Why on earth is Nathan McCullum not given chance? he bowls a lot better than Patel and if NZ are going for 2 spinners against the Aussies Patel has to be dropped.
Yeah Nathan would be awesome, he's a good bowler and batsman, offers more than Patel IMO. But purely on bowling, I'd probably pick Patel, due to international experience.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
He scored 87 and he wasnt out, 'technically'. i would say soft dismisal on the 2nd innings. just gave it away after scoring 100

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Well I wasn't going into this whole thing again. He got the deserved hundred. Should have been two but thats the way things happened.

Users who are viewing this thread