England in New Zealand

Animator!

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Trescothick always had problems leaving his family. He got very depressed because he felt he was continual neglecting his family and as a result it effected his mental state and it eventually led to his decision to retire. Nothing to do with people in England not supporting him. In fact he was roundly loved by most English cricket fans.

RR - Strauss was pretty gritty. He battled well tbf, but you could still see all of his technical faults and it was a brilliant show of mental strength. But unless he sorts his problems out quickly it's just a matter of time before he gets roundly sorted out by a good attack. He didn't have any timing either. He forced away most of his runs. Just looked very out of form.

Sureshot

Executive member
That 177 was a determined struggle. He never looked fully settled. It was on a great pitch (thanks to the sun coming out) and due to a poor to average attack.

Strauss will be found out by South Africa.

irottev

School Cricketer
Poor to average attack? So that's what was taking your top order to bits all series then? We only lost because of our batting. England's attack is even worse.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Ya Ok then We'll see against South Africa..

After 1-0 It was the same attack which have destroyed English top order..
Anyway I also agree He will be in check against Africa..

irottev

School Cricketer
England were carried by Sidebottom, there is no way England would have won the series without him. You have to admit it.e The rest of your attack is very second tier.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
If Fintoff is fit before the NZ series then I would have him in for Strauss regardless of his hundred since one hundred doesn't make up for all the faliures that he's had over the last 2 years.

You have some baffling logic. Strauss should be replaced due to his failures over the last couple of years? Yeah, maybe you have a point there, but then to suggest that you replace him with Flintoff is just bizarre. The only way Flintoff will get back into the team will be with his bowling, his batting has gone south and he's not good enough on recent history to bat in the top 7, let alone top 6.

England were carried by Sidebottom, there is no way England would have won the series without him. You have to admit it.e The rest of your attack is very second tier.

You're so very bitter, which you don't need to be, because everyone appreciates that NZ are in a transitional period. Although some of that is brought on themselves in my view. Or should I say by the management.

Last edited:

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Infect he is not..hes telling truth...
I don't understand what you people want????

Who has performed well looked technically zero to you....
England have never dominated in any stage of that Series...
Series top scorers were Taylor and Fleming...From England side it was Technically poor batsman(who should be out of the team in IYO).....

Sidebottom have alone taken 24 Wickets..Out of total 59 wickets in the series (Kiwiz 59 wickets) He has taken 24 wickets....

Out of which 17 included the top 6 batsman...

I agreed Strauss was not performing from past two years...But now you want him to be replaced when He started to perform...
Grow up..

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
YA I am agree..
But If he has started to perform now Soon He will correct his technical faults...

He got some runs means He mentally desperate to return..He need little bit time..

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member

Jacob Oram carried your attack, and without him you looked as ordinary. Stuart Broad is a better player than Chris Martin, and James Anderson is a better bowler than Tim Southee and Mark Gillespie. Southee may have potential but he's not proven himself yet, he was very average in the 2nd innings. Even Monty Panesar outbowled Daniel Vettori. We outbowled you in the series.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Infect he is not..hes telling truth...
I don't understand what you people want????

Who has performed well looked technically zero to you....
England have never dominated in any stage of that Series...
Series top scorers were Taylor and Fleming...From England side it was Technically poor batsman(who should be out of the team in IYO).....

Sidebottom have alone taken 24 Wickets..Out of total 59 wickets in the series (Kiwiz 59 wickets) He has taken 24 wickets....

Out of which 17 included the top 6 batsman...

I agreed Strauss was not performing from past two years...But now you want him to be replaced when He started to perform...
Grow up..
Chill!!!..His scores in New Zealand..43,2,8,44,0,177...Just the one hundred in 6 innings.And then he'd only scored one hundred since Pakistan in 2006. He hasn't started to perform as he hasn't performed in ages. As you said Grow Up.

YA I am agree..
But If he has started to perform now Soon He will correct his technical faults...

He got some runs means He mentally desperate to return..He need little bit time..

If he hasn't corrected his techincal faults at the age of 31 then im not sure when he will. Its not like pub cricket when you can play till your 60.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Ha ha

Vaughn series Scores 63,9,32,13,2,4...

Just one century in last 22 innings...looks to me more Weired...

I have explanation for Strauss that He is not technically good..(Some say he is not good enough to international level..Jesus..)

But what about Vaughn???
He is technically full fit!!!Any explanation about last 22 innings???

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Ha ha

Vaughn series Scores 63,9,32,13,2,4...

Just one century in last 22 innings...looks to me more Weired...

I have explanation for Strauss that He is not technically good..(Some say he is not good enough to international level..Jesus..)

But what about Vaughn???
He is technically full fit!!!Any explanation about last 22 innings???

Whats your explanation about Straus then? 'He mentally wants to be in the team'
What else does Strauss bring to the team?

Users who are viewing this thread