Pakistani Tour of New Zealand, Dec-Feb 2010/11

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah I agree, I haven't gone to a match this summer for the first time in like the last five years.

But even still, how can they expect people to want to watch them play crap. It's just not worth it. I said before the series the teams were pretty even but I'm pretty convinced now that Pakistan is far ahead of us.

I went to the Boxing Day T20I which we won, man that seems like an age ago.

And I also went to the third day of the Seddon Park test, which was when we capitulated.

Adult (over 16) tickets are 22 or 32 bucks, they should be charging like 10 for what they're offering.

ferg512

International Coach
I went to the Boxing Day T20I which we won, man that seems like an age ago.

And I also went to the third day of the Seddon Park test, which was when we capitulated.

Adult (over 16) tickets are 22 or 32 bucks, they should be charging like 10 for what they're offering.

Yeah I haven't really gone to a game since I had to pay adult ticket, in fact I didn't realise how long its been, the last game I went to was the Basin test vs Pakistan last summer. What I also couldn't believe is that the domestic one day cricket is $10. You have to be kidding me, anything more than free is a joke.

And yeah those twenty20s do seem a while back, although they were last year :p
I didn't really realise how long this tour has actually been until you brought this up. It probably shouldn't have been this long considering there was only two tests.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Dont want to jinx the lad. But Ahmed Shezad looks the he could be that long term opener that PAK have been looking for since the retirement of Saeed Anwar.

They way PAK are playing now, with such a well balanced team (imagine how more lethal that bowling attack would be if Aamir was in). A Australia vs Pakistan clash (hopefully a WC Final clash) in the world cup would be a delicious encounter.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah I haven't really gone to a game since I had to pay adult ticket, in fact I didn't realise how long its been, the last game I went to was the Basin test vs Pakistan last summer. What I also couldn't believe is that the domestic one day cricket is $10. You have to be kidding me, anything more than free is a joke.

I already had a rant about the domestic cricket prices in our domestic cricket thread a while back. :p

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Let's just say these prices are a lot better than what they were asking last year. Had to pay $45 for the Upper West stand and the ASB stand was over $50.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Eh, how painful was last nights chase, or should I say predictable, I think I went ten from ten in guessing how much each batsmen would make and how they would lose their wicket. I think what hurts more as a fan at the moment is not that this team should be doing a lot better then it is currently - and it should, it's that things aren't going to get any better in the foreseeable future.

In the end it all comes down to the players, they're the ones who aren't performing, but some of the selections, particularly game day selections just don't make any sense. We're told "we see so and so playing this role, batting in this position" only for that player's role to change two games later. How are the players expected to show any form of consistency if they're not shown any by the people in charge?

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Pakistan should look to win the last match keeping in mind we are facing Kiwis in the World cup. Time for some mind games :p

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Let's just say these prices are a lot better than what they were asking last year. Had to pay $45 for the Upper West stand and the ASB stand was over $50.

Dunno why but I don't find going to a cricket match in NZ very appealing for some reason. Funny thing is I live in NZ but have been to more cricket matches in Australia. Last match I saw live was at the MCG when Warner made his T20 debut against South Africa.

Eh, how painful was last nights chase, or should I say predictable, I think I went ten from ten in guessing how much each batsmen would make and how they would lose their wicket. I think what hurts more as a fan at the moment is not that this team should be doing a lot better then it is currently - and it should, it's that things aren't going to get any better in the foreseeable future.

In the end it all comes down to the players, they're the ones who aren't performing, but some of the selections, particularly game day selections just don't make any sense. We're told "we see so and so playing this role, batting in this position" only for that player's role to change two games later. How are the players expected to show any form of consistency if they're not shown any by the people in charge?

Yea, I agree with that. It's highly unlikely, especially so with NZ, that a player tried in a certain position or role is going to succeed immediately. It's going to take a while for that player to adjust. Giving them the assurance that they'll get a few games to have a go will give them that needed confidence, that if they fail, they can go away, work on what they need to improve and come back next match and try again.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Dunno why but I don't find going to a cricket match in NZ very appealing for some reason. Funny thing is I live in NZ but have been to more cricket matches in Australia. Last match I saw live was at the MCG when Warner made his T20 debut against South Africa.

As I've said numerous times before my favourite thing to do was go to the tests at Eden Park. We'd spend most of our day playing on the number two, but when we wanted a break we'd head on over to the number one and watch the game. ODIs were the same.

Without that number two ground, and without test cricket in Auckland, it's now a lot less appealing.

I've never been to any matches outside New Zealand, so I can't really comment.

chulbul

School Cricketer
pakistan won the series :D odi and test we were little unlucky for t20 other we are champions in t20 .. :)

ferg512

International Coach
As I've said numerous times before my favourite thing to do was go to the tests at Eden Park. We'd spend most of our day playing on the number two, but when we wanted a break we'd head on over to the number one and watch the game. ODIs were the same.

Without that number two ground, and without test cricket in Auckland, it's now a lot less appealing.

I've never been to any matches outside New Zealand, so I can't really comment.

Yeah it really is quite a joke that our biggest city which holds about a quarter of our population has no test cricket. Eden Park was a bit of a joke for test cricket though like AMI stadium. It's no fun playing in those empty concrete jungles.

Users who are viewing this thread