West Indies tour of New Zealand

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Also, I can't see West Indies beating us in either form of the game tbh. We'll beat them in the Tests, and as long as you get Chanderpaul, Gayle and Sarwan out West Indies crumble, we've got a far better side. They rely on those 3 with the batting, and then Taylor with the bowling. How Daren Powell is still playing international cricket is beyond me, he's awful. Lacks discipline, accuracy, he isn't that fast, doesn't get much swing, and very rarely contains the batsmen, those ridiculous 5wide Bouncers he bowls every game must really wind the captain up. I'd definitely be searching for an alternative to him, he's awful.

Who knows how Powell is still playing test and odi cricket. I have been saying that he should be dropped for a while now but he just keeps getting called up. I don't see why a younger player who actually has potential to improve isn't getting selected in front of him. I guess Baker was sopostu be that guy but he hasn't been all that impressive and didn't do anything in his one and only test opportunity. Roach picked up some wickets against Trinidad & Tobago and needs to be there against England.

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
Well I think England will win the tests however the ODI's will be an even contest. England aren't a very good one day side and West Indies have shown what they can do this series. It is a shame thought that they do rely mainly on Gayle, Chanderpaul and Sarwan although I do think Brendan Nash has potential.

irottev

School Cricketer
Baker bowled well this series. He should be in the line up. His inexperience showed during the over where Taylor and Elliot smashed 14odd runs to get ahead in D/L but he'll learn from it. The ball was pretty wet and slippery.

Nash looks like a good solid test player. Not going to be a huge hundred getter but he'll always contribute to a game with 30's - 80's. In ODI's they made him bat below Powell which disgusted me somewhat. He's not a fantastic hitter so coming in the death overs makes him difficult to pick in ODIs.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
The things they did at the end of the death cost them 10 runs, if not more. Nash may not be able to smack the ball to all ends, but they'd have been way better off with two batsmen taking ones and twos for 3 overs than what they got.

Users who are viewing this thread