Bangladesh in New Zealand

irottev

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Whats the pitch like ?
Not many teams have managed to score 150 /0 against New Zealnd in New Zealnd.

It's a great pitch, one both sides will b reasonably used to. I don't think our bowling was great though from Martin, Mills and O'Brien. We scored 350 odd runs on it, it must be pretty good ;) I wasn't sure we were capable. Bats off to Bangladesh, they batted well. Iqbal looks the goods I have to say. He'll be one to watch fr the future.

A few sixes were edged over the keeper by the Bangladeshies in the first innings. The straight boundaries are about 55 metres. It's a small ground, may be extended if they get consent to demolish a building in the way.

Bel scoring a century has really made me excited about him. Now if the selectors can take that as a sign to have Adams in for the second test, because he was also an inform ex-dropped player. O'Brien has had some chances and apart from bowling decent pace, he doesn't move the ball one bit.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Vettori looks to be bowling well, Bangladesh getting back into their usual mess. Such a shame after a very good start, some of their talented batters just don't perform consistently enough.

Xuzuno

Club Cricketer
Bangladesh all out for 254. Vettori taking four wickets. New Zealand need 35 to win.

irottev

School Cricketer
Much improved today. Well done bowlers. Even O'Brien was useful. Sould make it a 10 wicket win. Otherwise i'll be disappointed.

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
Bangladesh were just awful there. Undone all that good work the openers had did but Vettori was brilliant proving that he is one of the best slow left arm bowlers in the world and England will have to beware of him when they get there .

irottev

School Cricketer
Should have been 10 wicket win. Not good enough.

How many more chances is Cumming going to get? I hope Papps or How gets a try now. I don't believe Papps has had a decent crack at opening at home. How is in awesome form and probably earned the call up more.

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah I was sure how was going to be picked looking at his form lately. Ross Taylor is also a very good young player which could of still featured despite his recent bad form.

Ross Taylor

School Cricketer
I wanted to see Ross Taylor in the NZ Test side, as he has no experience at Test level for Nez Zealand I think that the tests against Bangladesh would have been valuable exp. so at this stage NZ dont want him in there test side. I was also disapointed at him batting at 5, behind P Fulton and S Styris, I would prefer Taylor at 3 as he has performed there, and feels that at 5 he has to score with a strike rate of 1 million trying to hit everything for 6.

just_cricket

Club Captain
I've watched all the matches on the tour (i'm a keen cricket follower in NZ) and I've rated the bangladeshis.

Batsmen
Best Technique: Tamim Iqbal
Best occupier: Mushfiqar Rahim
Best Accumulator: Mohammed Ashraful
Best Slogger/Hitter: Ashraful and Ahmed. Although all of them can smack it
Best Batsman: Ashraful. He has a good game plan and can upset bowler's rhythm

Bowlers:
fastest bowler: Mashrafe Mortaza although Hossain is nippy
Best Spinner: I did think Shakib-al Hasan but Enamul Haque jnr bowled well
Best Bowler in NZ conditions: Sajidul Islam. he bowled really tidily and swung the ball both ways.

I think the Bangladeshis are a fast improving side. Junaid and Tamim Iqbal could really make a world class opening partnership within a few years, and Ashraful has backup in Aftab Ahmed, and I think Shakib too. Rahim could be a great keeper/batsman, and with mortaza bowling at 140kph plus, they could be a real handful. To become a more complete side, they need another seamer to bowl alongside Mashrafe and Sajidul Islam. Shahadat Hossain is alright but they need to find a better bowler than him. having said that, he is very young and could improve heaps.

What do you guys think? I'm willing to admit I may be wrong in some areas as I have only seen the team for around 5 matches.

Users who are viewing this thread