Commonwealth Bank Series (Australia, India, Sri Lanka)

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The thing is, if you have played a team over a substantial period of time and come second best, you have not outplayed them. You outplayed them in the Finals and deservingly won. Simple as.

You got some horrendous decisions in the Sydney Test but to use than an excuse (I'm not saying you did, in particular) for not beating Australia is quite pathetic.

I remember England getting a poor decsion against India in the Lord's Test but neither do I remember the Umpire nor was I calling for his head. It happens. You outplayed us and were better than us and the Lord's Test did not change that.

prarara

International Cricketer
I agree with what Willis is talking about.

Let's not get too ahead of ourselves with the victory, if we can maintain this consistantly for as long as the Aussies have then we can gloat like them.

masti1234

School Cricketer
You got some horrendous decisions in the Sydney Test but to use than an excuse (I'm not saying you did, in particular) for not beating Australia is quite pathetic.

I remember England getting a poor decsion against India in the Lord's Test but neither do I remember the Umpire nor was I calling for his head. It happens. You outplayed us and were better than us and the Lord's Test did not change that.

"SOME" horrendous decisions? There were many. Not one or two as you are making it out to be. I dont think it can be used as an excuse for losing. It is the very REASON we lost. Otherwise we would have won the test series as well.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
I'm so glad you got my point and took it into stride...

Sman-21

Club Cricketer
Will most there supporters are so one eyed they only see decisions 1 way.
They seem to forget that in that very same sydney test match they had australia on the ropes.
Sure symonds got some poor decisions in his favour, theres no excuse for them not getting the tailenders batting with him out and letting them score big runs.
Then they also forget that tendulkar should have been out for around 10 but due to another poor decision he wasnt out and went on to make over 150.
Then the fact their batsmen completely collapsed and threw the game away on the final day.

But nope to them the way they played after the poor decisions had nothing to do with why they lost.
It was all the umpires fault.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Can we close this thread. Im bored of all the talks about this tour now.

aussie_ben91

School Cricketer
icyman is right india outplayed Australia this summer.Look at the way Australia used to win against India in the past.And now look at the way they won in the league matches.Its becoz of india's and sri lanka's own mistake Australia won.
And talking about test series.Australia won it?Yeah but how we all know.

Apart from the first test match india had the upper hand in the next three test matches.Sydney where australia won becoz of some cheaters and bad umpiring was India's test match.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
And yes India always does well in tests against the aussies rather than England(who won the ashes 2005 by fluke).
Lol, India didn't have upper hand in the Adelaide Test Match and Hayden didn't play in the Perth one.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Lol, India didn't have upper hand in the Adelaide Test Match and Hayden didn't play in the Perth one.

Would it have made *that* much of a difference? We'd just get Ishant to play him into his hands :D.

Jokes...jokes.

We didn't even have our first string of bowlers. Its amazing how well we've done in both the test series and the ODI series.
I'm proud.

But oh well, time to pwn the saffers.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Harbhajan donned a monkey suit, Sreesanth bowled a beamer and Symonds bodychecked Tendulkar. Other than that, nothing controversial.

.Mob

International Coach
Harbhajan donned a monkey suit, Sreesanth bowled a beamer and Symonds bodychecked Tendulkar. Other than that, nothing controversial.

I think you mean Lee bowled a beamer and Clarke took out Tendulkar?

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Either you didn't see the joke in my post or I have missed the joke in yours.

.Mob

International Coach
You missed my super joke completely.......:spy

Users who are viewing this thread