13:20 local | 03:20 GMT 1st Final ODI - TBC vs TBC
Brisbane Cricket Ground, Brisbane
Tue Mar 6

13:50 local | 03:20 GMT 2nd Final ODI - TBC vs TBC
Adelaide Oval, Adelaide
Thu Mar 8

13:50 local | 03:20 GMT 3rd Final ODI - TBC vs TBC
Adelaide Oval, Adelaide

India Squad: MS Dhoni (capt & wk), Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Sachin Tendulkar, Suresh Raina, Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, Ravindra Jadeja, Manoj Tiwary, Parthiv Patel (wk), Zaheer Khan, Umesh Yadav, Irfan Pathan, R Vinay Kumar, Praveen Kumar, Rahul Sharma, R Ashwin

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
This sounded like an interesting series after the world cup, with Aus, India and Sri Lanka being the finalists in the last 3 cups. Now with the shape Sri Lanka is in and India playing like busted arses, this is going to be a hugely one sided series in our favour. Even a test series against Zimbabwe would be more interesting.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Having a guess at the side/squad for us.

Warner
Watson
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Wade
Mitch Marsh
Nathan Coulter-Nile
Lee
Starc
Doherty

Faulkner
McDermott
Ferguson
Shaun Marsh

Batsmen aren't flying out there and Mitch Marsh is more potential than form. Quiney, Finch and Cooper would be the other batsmen that may come into it. Should see quite a bit of rotation going on with the batsmen.

Bowling wise it's worth looking at NCN and McDermott has been the form T20 and OD bowler so he's been rewarded for that. Bollinger has been ruled out of the BBL so I doubt he'll be back else he'll be around the side too. Don't know if Pattinson or Cummins will be right to go back if so they too would be in there.

War

Chairman of Selectors

Warner
Watson
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Wade
Mitch Marsh
Nathan Coulter-Nile
Lee
Starc
Doherty

Faulkner
McDermott
Ferguson
Shaun Marsh

Batsmen aren't flying out there and Mitch Marsh is more potential than form. Quiney, Finch and Cooper would be the other batsmen that may come into it. Should see quite a bit of rotation going on with the batsmen.

Bowling wise it's worth looking at NCN and McDermott has been the form T20 and OD bowler so he's been rewarded for that. Bollinger has been ruled out of the BBL so I doubt he'll be back else he'll be around the side too. Don't know if Pattinson or Cummins will be right to go back if so they too would be in there.

I think Siddle is worth a recall to the ODI set-up based on his new-bowling form if Bollinger is out.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Add in Hilfy if Siddle is being picked. It would be last chance salon for both though, if they can't make it as ODI bowlers in the form they are in then they won't ever make it.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
I'm sure White and Dussey would somehow make it to the team.

White's struggling to make the T20 team that he's supposed to be captain of, pretty sure we've done away with him in ODIs since the WC. Dave definitely gets my vote though.

genghis_khan

International Cricketer

Warner
Watson
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Wade
Mitch Marsh
Nathan Coulter-Nile
Lee
Starc
Doherty

Faulkner
McDermott
Ferguson
Shaun Marsh

Can't see Wade, Faulkner or McDermott playing. Don't think Nathan Coulter-Nile will be picked just yet but it's only a matter of time for him.

An attack of Pattinson, Cummins and Harris would be nice backed up by Watson, Marsh/Christian and Doherty.

formula1man

International Cricketer
D. Warner
S. Watson
S. Marsh
M. Clarke
M. Hussey
M. Marsh
M. Wade
J. Pattinson
P. Cummins
R. Harris
N. Hauritz

C. Ferguson
B. Lee
D. Hussey
X. Doherty

T20 Side
D. Warner
R. Quiney
T. Birt
A. Finch
D. Hussey
M. Marsh
M. Wade
J. Faulkner
B. Lee
C. McKay
X. Doherty

D. Christian
N. Coulter-Nile
G. Maxwell
S. Tait

We cannot afford to have our Test Bowlers playing in T20 to prevent breaking down.
Warner is the only player I have playing all 3 forms but really he will need to give one up eventually.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Fresher legs should definitely contribute to India being more competitive this series. But Australia are No.1 in the world in ODI's (atleast according to the rankings) and also we won the WC in the subcontinent and we lost the ODI's to England in England, so I think we will continue to be thrashed on this tour. Getting to the final is likely though (I think we should face SL pretty comfortably). A repeat of the 2008 CB series is highly unlikely.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
It'll never happen, but I'd use the long term approach when picking the squads for this summer. eg. for batsmen: I'd send Warner and Shaun Marsh back to Shield cricket for the rest of the summer, and instead pick Hughes and Khawaja so that they can get the chance to get some confidence at international level. I would also tell Mike Hussey to give up the ODI stuff for now- he can still play T20 and IPL, but give his spot to Ferguson to do that finishing role long term.

Siddle deserves another go at ODIs, but I'm not sure he'll be as effective - we'll see. Harris I think will really have to pick one form or the other, he won't be able to survive Tests and ODIs. Bollinger, Lee and Doherty should all get a run and that will be good to give our fast bowlers a rest. Hilfenhaus shouldn't really be played here, I'd prefer him to go back to Shield stuff. And then just pick some kids to back up Bollinger, Lee and Siddle since the other usuals are out: Hastings, Johnson, Cummins, Pattinson.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
We cannot afford to have our Test Bowlers playing in T20 to prevent breaking down.

TBH the ODIs would break the bowlers more than 4 overs from a T20 match.
Maxwell is out for up to 8 weeks so sadly he won't be around else I would have had him for the number 7 spot with Mitch Marsh depending on conditions.

formula1man

International Cricketer
TBH the ODIs would break the bowlers more than 4 overs from a T20 match.

yeah i know haha. ODIs used to be where they blood new players but now it is T20, i think they should make a rule where you can only play two players with international caps in Tests and ODIs. coz lets face it T20 is almost a completely different sport. its not exactly cricket.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
I think the only selection 'rule' should be that no one should be playing all 3 formats - it would give the players more rest, and let them focus on specific skills for the other 2 formats. Someone like Shane Watson for example has a ridiculous workload, given his importance with bat and ball in all 3 formats.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
India will win this ODI series. There is enough quality in both the batting and the pace attack to do so. We will see a different unit in the ODIs, a fresher look to the side should help as well. To win the finals 2-1. Zaheer, Yadav, PK, Irfan for the allrounder`s slot and Ashwin for the lone spinner`s slot and we should have a decent enough bowling to complement Sehwag,Sachin, Gambhir, Kohli, Raina/Sharma and Dhoni. My XI would be this

Sachin
Sehwag
Sharma
Gambhir
Kohli/Raina
Dhoni
Irfan Pathan/R.Jadeja
Ashwin
Praveen Kumar
Zaheer
Yadav

I feel this side will click in the ODIs. For the first time, we have a decent looking bowling attack which should trouble the Aussies with the swing of PK and Zak along with the raw pace of Yadav.

Users who are viewing this thread