Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Along with Forrest there was another guy Sam Robinson or some thing

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
As much as I love watching Hodge bat, I would think hard before giving him the nod in the team solely because of his age. I am sure he would do good in whatever chances given to him but his age is a huge drawback for him. I would not want a man who can play for not more than a year or two to block the place of other potential players who can try and seal his place in the team.

Yep what you say is correct, but in this case Hodge won't be aging much in the next 2 months before the T20 World Cup. A very short term stint wouldn't cause too much trouble.

I don't blame you for that. He was selected out of the blue. I remember selectors giving the nod to quite few players with less handsome record than others in the past. Clarke has been the most successful of these players but the recent ones, namely Forrest and up to an extent, Moises Henriques have been average so you and plenty others had more than one reason to doubt Bailey's credentials.

I appreciate it :yes Yes EVERYONE doubted Bailey when he was first made T20 captain, that wasn't really the problem so much. Since then though, I haven't really warmed to the way he plays so much, even though he just keeps succeeding. It's a common thread amongst quite a few Aussie fans, not rating him too much. In a way it was refreshing to see him fail at Test cricket to prove I was at least half right :p

And completely right, Forrest was an absolute gut feel pick. Especially being picked for 50 over cricket. He was in form when picked, but all the runs were from red ball stuff.

Along with Forrest there was another guy Sam Robinson or some thing

Dunno about anyone named Sam Robinson!! :lol Sam Robson is an Aussie who moved to London, has switched sides and will play for England sooner at later. If you are thinking of a spinner then you'd be on the right track, Australia have tried about 20 in the last 5 years :D

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yep what you say is correct, but in this case Hodge won't be aging much in the next 2 months before the T20 World Cup. A very short term stint wouldn't cause too much trouble.

That was my point. Australia have to choose between going with a veteran who is almost a sureshot hit or giving the nod to the relatively younger players and give them a run in the team and opportunity to take their time to settle at the highest level which are expected to pay rich dividends in the longer term like what the selectors did with Michael Clarke and George Bailey. I am personally with the second option given the form Australia. I can see I mentioned the names of Dussey and Marsh in my last post but looking at the things in the national team and in the domestic circuit, it would not be bad idea to push Warner at #3 and Watto at #4 and give a chance to Dunk since he has shown form in the BBL and the national team does require a hard hitting wicketkeeper. Looks a very solid T20I batting this to me.

Aaron Finch
Ben Dunk
David Warner
Shane Watson
Shaun Marsh (When going with 7 batsmen)
George Bailey
Glenn Maxwell
James Faulkner

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Dunno about anyone named Sam Robinson!! :lol Sam Robson is an Aussie who moved to London, has switched sides and will play for England sooner at later. If you are thinking of a spinner then you'd be on the right track, Australia have tried about 20 in the last 5 years :D

nope i was talking about a batsman seriously i just cant remember his name

@sifter132

C Boomer

Club Captain
No no, not as the Captain of the English Test side, as it now happens a genuine replacement for the now defunct K. P. !

Users who are viewing this thread