India A tour of Australia 2014

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
These Australia A teams are far from the second best team. They're more an experimental team full of younger players or talented guys they're pushing to reach their potential.

Having said that I still don't agree with the side they've selected.

This is the team I would've chosen.

Silk
Hughes
Burns
Cooper
Lynn
White/Voges/Bailey
M. Marsh
Whiteman
Faulkner
Holland
Behrendorff
Hazlewood.

Hmm if might have played Khawaja, Cutting, Ahmed/O'Keefe over Silk, Behrendroff if i was really get specific about the best 2nd XI players, who i'd want to immediately step into the test team in case of injury.

Keeper spot is a bit subjective with Wade, Paine, Nevill fairly close - i guess Whiteman is doing himself no harms with this big innings here.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Amazing innings by those two. With last day of play obviously this match is going to be draw. For all my Aussie folks, do you think these wickets should have been more sort of traditional wickets? Like good bounce carry and seam?

Doodlesweaver

Club Cricketer
Hmm if might have played Khawaja, Cutting, Ahmed/O'Keefe over Silk, Behrendroff if i was really get specific about the best 2nd XI players, who i'd want to immediately step into the test team in case of injury.

Keeper spot is a bit subjective with Wade, Paine, Nevill fairly close - i guess Whiteman is doing himself no harms with this big innings here.

It was no surprise that Whiteman was chosen for the A side. Gilchrist has been working with him and he was getting big wraps for his keeping all last season.

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
What a match for Naman Ojha 320 runs in a match.:clap

War

Chairman of Selectors
It was no surprise that Whiteman was chosen for the A side. Gilchrist has been working with him and he was getting big wraps for his keeping all last season.

Ye admittedly I haven't be following Whiteman or the AUS back-up keeper situation that attentively in a long while.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Another poor showing by the batsmen, only batsmen that stood up was Forrest. Faulkner was another 90, really needs to break that 100 duck he has.

Spickery

PlanetCricket Writing Team
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Another poor showing by the batsmen, only batsmen that stood up was Forrest. Faulkner was another 90, really needs to break that 100 duck he has.
Making a 100 is the one main hurdle Faulkner needs to overcome. We know he is capable of taking wickets with his bowling but he needs to prove to selectors he is the next all-rounder in line when Shane Watson retires by making consistent runs with the bat and making big scores. There is now some competition for who be Australia's next all-rounder with Mitch Marsh's excellent 211 in the first Australia A game and Moises Henriques will no doubt remind selectors of what he can do in the Sheffield Shield this season.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Looks like this season will decide who is the next all rounder, or so you would hope. Both Henriques and Marsh look to be getting some consistency into their batting and Faulkner is moving up the order.

Would have liked seeing how SOK would go on this wicket. Sayers at least looks more comfortable since his first innings in this series.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Naman Ojha has been excellent - yet another hundred. And whats up with Indian fast bowlers batting well .. Umesh Yadav getting a 90 :| More importantly, he got a 5fer in the first innings.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just to note: Utthappa underperforming once again. 3 poor scores in 3 innings, where guys like Ojha and Rahul are doing so well. Includes throwing away 2 starts

Users who are viewing this thread