Bangladesh Tour of Zimbabwe July-August 2011

1iram1

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
"He's just ok, he's nothing special," Tamim said of Kyle Jarvis, who took two wickets late in the day to swing the advantage Zimbabwe's way. "I'm just being honest and telling the truth." He was similarly unimpressed with Brian Vitori, the left-arm seamer whose four wickets in the first innings did substantial damage to Bangladesh's cause. "He's ordinary."

:lol

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
BD's been poor this game. Zim have been more disciplined and determined. Disappointing, really is.

Owzat

International Coach
I was a bit surprised by their declaration, but three wickets down overnight will make them feel justified by the decision.

I think Price will play his part, a few wickets to wrap up a Zimbabwe victory on their return.

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Zimbabwe have almost got it. 7 down and this is the reason Bangladesh are poor, they have talent but its waste. Zimbabwe congrats and Welcome to the Test world.

Zimbabwe should never be put into situations where they have to play for rankings. They play pressure free well enough and that is been shown in this match. KUDOS to them and Bangladesh mark me here, you are the one who will be replaced by Ireland next for Test status. You are seriously pathetic

Owzat

International Coach
Well Price didn't feature much at all so bang goes my prediction :facepalm Good win for Zimbabwe, the bangles are not a great deal better than they were when given Test status a decade ago.

They won't have it taken away from them I'm sure, and I think putting Ireland forward will not be a good idea even if they replaced them as they're way off the level required as well.

Having West Indies, Bangladesh, Zimbabwe and the kiwis halfway between those three and top sides with Pakistan zipping up and down to join the kiwis then the top sides is weak enough as is. 'Promoting' Ireland will only mean the weaker sides have another team they can compete with, it would be watched by literally hundreds :rolleyes and serve no purpose. The way forward is tiers, promoting Ireland would more likely end in tears

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Pathetic from Bangladesh. Really. Most of their wickets fell too loose shots, most of their bowling lacked discipline and patience to build up pressure.

They can blame lack of preparation all they want, but fact is Zimbabwe last played a test almost 6 years ago.

It isn't that hard. Just a matter of applying yourself.

Awful, awful performance.

1iram1

Club Captain
They don't have the patience to bat in Test matches. The First-class setup is messed as well. I saw this coming.:facepalm They better win the ODIs, although I'm not so sure that they will.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Pathetic from Bangladesh. Really. Most of their wickets fell too loose shots

Exactly. Shakib played one of the most ridiculous, irresponsible innings I've seen. For starters, he's the captain and one of Bangladesh's best batsmen...what's he doing at #7?? Then he wafts loosely at all 5 balls he faces when every man and his dog knows that he and Mushfiqur were Bangladesh's only hope :facepalm That was an awful display. Tough to single him out when no one else stood up, but what was he thinking??

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Good win for Zimbabwe and hopefully they will be competitive in the ODI series.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
If BD come under heavy criticism and fire for this performance, they deserve it. Zimbabwe were good but BD are a better team. Just an irresponsible performance.

Owzat

International Coach
I expect the bangles to win the ODI series, maybe a step towards tier cricket would be if Zimbabwe, Bangladesh, Ireland, West Indies and Holland have a regular quadrangular tournament.

It's not as if Ireland have Tests to play, or indeed Zimbabwe or Bangladesh will get to play many, usually 1-2 Tests against any other side, and it would stand them in good stead for the World Cup.

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
I expect the bangles to win the ODI series, maybe a step towards tier cricket would be if Zimbabwe, Bangladesh, Ireland, West Indies and Holland have a regular quadrangular tournament.

It's not as if Ireland have Tests to play, or indeed Zimbabwe or Bangladesh will get to play many, usually 1-2 Tests against any other side, and it would stand them in good stead for the World Cup.

Completely agree to your point. Dont give Test status but let teams like Ireland, Netherlands play against top 5 teams in 4 day games.

Like if some one is touring England, let one practice game be against these side.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I'm very confused by BD's performances in ODI one and this game here.

Are they trying to lose?

It's like they don't want to bat. They're giving their absolute best effort into getting out as cheaply and as quickly as possible. Apart from Shakib.

This isn't even bad cricket anymore. Bad can't describe it. Brainless isn't the right word either. There is a collective, concious effort going on here from BD to try and set the lowest score they possibly can. I am certain of that.

1iram1

Club Captain
Bangladesh deserve to lose since they underestimated Zimbabwe and Tamim called Vitori and co "ordinary". I will actually be happy if Tamim doesn't get going at all this series. I read somewhere that he also doesn't show up for practices because he thinks he is better than the rest of the team. They should make Mushfiqur Rahim the vice-captain.

Users who are viewing this thread