Bangladesh Tour of Zimbabwe July-August 2011

1iram1

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
^ The new coach probably made some adjustments.

Ash, Mushfiqur, and Mahmudullah will be the key tomorrow.

Owzat

International Coach
Been a disappointing start to the day for Zimbabwe, lost their advantage from the previous day.

They started the Test well, but their batting strength is in their top order as is often shown/exposed in ODIs. They always seem to have too many bowlers, one too many usually.

But I think they still have the upper hand, over 250 runs in front with three Bangladeshi wickets taken. After Shakib at seven is there any batting left?

I hope the zimmers can get themselves back on track, that they can come back and match Bangladesh fairly comfortably probably says more about the lack of progress of Bangladesh than about the zimmers, but maybe one or two will consider returning to the fold and ease transition

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
If Bangladesh are able to score 280 odd runs today it will mean 387 by the end of days play and with Zimbabwe just back in Test Cricket, it could well mean that if Bangladesh put on another 100 on day 4, this test match could well be interesting. 100 runs lead,4th day pitch turning it would be nice.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
lets be honest though regarding Zims first innings score, this pitch doesn't have much in it and was never meant to. a 3 day test because none of the batsmen could go past 30 would have been embarrassing for both sides.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Key partnership right here, if Bangladesh are even going to come close to Zimbabwe's total they will need a big partnership. Question is how long can Ashraful go on for.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
impatience from bangladesh and giving away wickets. zimbabwe's batsmen have pushed on to make their scores count for much more.

ashraful should have had a ton the way he was playing.

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Key partnership right here, if Bangladesh are even going to come close to Zimbabwe's total they will need a big partnership. Question is how long can Ashraful go on for.

Your question was answered immediately :p

Shakib is playing a nice innings, quick innings, if he can get them close to Zimbabwes total then it would be good. A 100 runs lead for both sides perspective would be good

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
287 all out and Zimbabwe have a healthy lead of 83 runs. Hope they bat well again and set more then 300 runs lead

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Pretty poor performance here from Bangladesh. They're supposed to trample Zimbabwe but so far the Zimmers have shown more patience and discipline. Goes to show that all the talent in the world isn't enough if you don't put your head down and work.

Terrible stuff.

On the other hand, very impressed by Zimbabwe here. Strong showing coming back into Test Cricket, they're playing hard and to their potential. Hopefully in a few years they'll be a fairly tough side to beat.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Better performance here from BD, reducing Zim to 92/4. Seems the pitch is taking more turn now, which suits them just fine.

Lead at 175 with 6 wickets in hand for Zim, with Taibu and Taylor batting and Chigumbura to come, so BD not of the woods yet although they really should go on to win from here.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
poor shafiul. he's bowling on the money all the time and the zimmers are just playing him out. his team mates are picking up all the wickets as they go after their half-bungers wrecklessly.

Owzat

International Coach
I'd say about even now. The nightwatchman routine failed, can't say I'm unhappy about that because it is a chickensheet tactic.

Zimbabwe are in danger of tossing this away, but I reckon 250-300 lead might be too much for the bangles to chase. The game is in the very advanced stages so I'd rule out a draw, assuming no rain. Much could rest on how the two keepers do, Taylor and Taibu. They're two of the better Zimbabwe batsmen, thereafter it will just be Ervine (34.69 in ODIs), Chigumbura (14.77 in 7 Tests, 23.91 in ODIs) and the tail.

Vitori bowled well 1st innings, he and Price may prove the major obstacle between the bangles and victory. 175 in front, might not seem much but the innings so far have been decreasing and I think the bangles would have to skittle Zimbabwe from here to have a good chance - I may be wrong, but their batting looks as strong/frail as Zimbabwe's

Owzat

International Coach
Much could rest on how the two keepers do, Taylor and Taibu. They're two of the better Zimbabwe batsmen, thereafter it will just be Ervine (34.69 in ODIs), Chigumbura (14.77 in 7 Tests, 23.91 in ODIs) and the tail.

50s each for Taylor and Taibu, Zimbabwe are easing into a strong position from which to strike for victory. 202/4 at the moment, a lead nearing 300 and the bangles will have to hope the second new ball will see the target restricted to something close to 300 and not nearer 350 or 400.

That new ball battle, assuming Zimbabwe don't collapse, could prove the do or die point of the match although I feel the bangles are already up against it needing to better their 1st innings total to win and it could be closer to Zimbabwe's 1st innings total unless they finish Zimbabwe off.

Time for a bit of statistics looking up for matches in Zimbabwe and involving Bangladesh.

Bangladesh

Highest run chase = 217/6 vs West Indies (2nd XI)
HowSTAT! Match Scorecard

Tests won : 3
vs Zimbabwe in Bangladesh
vs West Indies in West Indies (2nd XI, 2x wins)

Harare SC (27 Tests)

ZIM 2-0 BAN (8 wkts/183 runs)
Wins : Home 5-13 Away
Highest run chase = 192/7 (Pakistan vs Zimbabwe 97/98)

All pretty much points to a home win, bar the away record of teams but Bangladesh have lost both visits to Harare so I think what other countries do is irrelevant to a country that has only won three times in its Test existence and two of them against a second string West Indies side. And Bangladesh have lost 60 Tests having yet to play 70, Zimbabwe have won eight and lost only 50 of over 80 Tests.

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
What the heck happened. Just one wicket? Brendonn Taylor played fantastic knock. Wish Zimbabwe had an Irish kinda bowling attack they would be a perfect team then

Users who are viewing this thread