Bangladesh Tour of Zimbabwe July-August 2011

1iram1

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Important series for both teams: Zimbabwe playing their first test since 2005-2006 and Bangladesh will look to regroup after a disappointing World Cup and ODI series against Australia.

Sat Jul 30 - Mon Aug 1
09:30 local | 07:30 GMT
03:30 EDT | 02:30 CDT | 00:30 PDT Zimbabwe XI v Bangladeshis
Harare Sports Club
Thu Aug 4 - Mon Aug 8
09:30 local | 07:30 GMT
03:30 EDT | 02:30 CDT | 00:30 PDT Only Test - Zimbabwe v Bangladesh
Harare Sports Club
Fri Aug 12
09:00 local | 07:00 GMT
03:00 EDT | 02:00 CDT | 00:00 PDT 1st ODI - Zimbabwe v Bangladesh
Harare Sports Club
Sun Aug 14
03:00 EDT | 02:00 CDT | 00:00 PDT 2nd ODI - Zimbabwe v Bangladesh
Harare Sports Club
Tue Aug 16
03:00 EDT | 02:00 CDT | 00:00 PDT 3rd ODI - Zimbabwe v Bangladesh
Harare Sports Club
Fri Aug 19
03:00 EDT | 02:00 CDT | 00:00 PDT 4th ODI - Zimbabwe v Bangladesh
Queens Sports Club, Bulawayo
Sun Aug 21
03:00 EDT | 02:00 CDT | 00:00 PDT 5th ODI - Zimbabwe v Bangladesh
Queens Sports Club, Bulawayo

The squad for Bangladesh has been named:
Shakib Al Hasan (capt), Tamim Iqbal (vc), Imrul Kayes, Junaid Siddique, Mohammad Ashraful, Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), Mahmudullah, Abdur Razzak, Shafiul Islam, Rubel Hossain, Nazmul Hossain, Shahriar Nafees, Robiul Islam, Shuvagoto Hom, Nasir Hossain.

Reserves: Naeem Islam, Suhrawadi Shuvo, Alok Kopali, Syed Rasel, Sahgir Hossain (wk)

Bangladesh in Zimbabwe 2011: Uncapped Nasir, Shuvagoto in squad for Zimbabwe | Cricket News | Zimbabwe v Bangladesh | ESPN Cricinfo

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
One test is their on 4th check out properly

6ry4nj

International Coach
One Test is not enough, is it? No Test series should be less than three matches (although of course it's better to have one than none). Zimbabwe does not deserve this shoddy treatment from the cricketing community.

Params7

International Cricketer
lol one of them should have the balls to tour Ireland and play unofficial Tests

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
TBH, Bangladesh have played Ireland quite a lot and have beaten them quite a bit. It's just that out of all the associates, Ireland is most likely to beat BD because BD have a tendency of self-imploding whereas Ireland is very disciplined. It's actually why Ireland is one of the toughest associate sides.

1 Test is ridiculous. And then they wonder why BD doesn't improve in that format. Well if all you're going to give them is ODIs and T20s then naturally they're gonna suck when test matches come around. Stupid ICC.

BD should white-wash this series really, if they want to prove they're still a credible force. But I do expect Zimbabwe to sneak in a win or two. BD absolutely must win the Test though. No two ways about it.

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
I hope Hom gets a run in the team. He's made an excellent start to his first-class career, averaging over 60 in his first 10 matches.

Sagahir Hossain as second choice keeper is unusual but nice.

It's a decent team, but it can still be stronger.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I hope Hom gets a run in the team. He's made an excellent start to his first-class career, averaging over 60 in his first 10 matches.

Sagahir Hossain as second choice keeper is unusual but nice.

It's a decent team, but it can still be stronger.
About that, I don't follow BD domestic cricket that closely. The only change that I could see is dropping Ashraful for Raqibul. What else could they have done?

Owzat

International Coach
rahulkhush said:
check out properly

meeeeoooooow :rolleyes

TBH, Bangladesh have played Ireland quite a lot and have beaten them quite a bit. It's just that out of all the associates, Ireland is most likely to beat BD because BD have a tendency of self-imploding whereas Ireland is very disciplined. It's actually why Ireland is one of the toughest associate sides.

There is still a big gap between the Test sides and Ireland, which is why giving them Test status would be stupid. Upsets in ODIs is one thing, but they are too infrequent to say they are even close to parity. Kenya managed a few ODI upsets in past World Cups, whether they would have done better than Bangladesh had Kenya got Test status instead remains one for conjecture - as I expect Ireland will. Easy to talk it up on forums etc, but besides there not being any scope to add more countries, they aren't strong enough.

1 Test is ridiculous. And then they wonder why BD doesn't improve in that format. Well if all you're going to give them is ODIs and T20s then naturally they're gonna suck when test matches come around. Stupid ICC.

I still advocate tiers, but in this case I'm not sure how much gain there'd be if Bangladesh beat Zimbabwe which they have done in the past and that's made little difference. More Tests against West Indies might help, but what doesn't is constantly getting outclassed so they probably need to play more sides around their level and less of the likes of India, England, Australia, South Africa, Sri Lanka etc.

Playing West Indies, New Zealand, Pakistan (when weak), Ireland and Zimbabwe would be about their level, although who is to say they have to improve? Could just be they never will.

BD should white-wash this series really, if they want to prove they're still a credible force. But I do expect Zimbabwe to sneak in a win or two. BD absolutely must win the Test though. No two ways about it.

I think Zimbabwe will gain more from it, what happened to them is a real shame because it's set them back even further than they were 5-10 years ago. I hope it is closer than you're suggesting it could or should be.

Last edited:

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
About that, I don't follow BD domestic cricket that closely. The only change that I could see is dropping Ashraful for Raqibul. What else could they have done?

That bowling attack is weak. One one hand you have a world-class all-rounder in Shakib, and a great spinner in Razzak. Mahmadullah can chip in with a few overs. Then you've got the uncapped Nasir Hossain who bowls some offspin. The spin aspect is pretty much covered.

But then you look at the seamers. Subcontinental team or not, you need to have more than just 2 guys who are there to bowl until the shine is going. Your seamers need to be viable wicket-taking options as well. I don't see that happening with the likes of Shafiul and Rubel, the two most experienced seamers in that squad.

There's no Mortaza, but what about Shahadat Hossain?

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Shahadat has a broken toe (or is still recovering from one)

What other viable pace bowling options do BD have at the moment though? Apart from Shaiful and Rubel.

Users who are viewing this thread