Commonwealth Bank Series Feb-Mar 2011/12

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
They have been paid :p Dont worry and I feel Sri Lankan players are more then a good example for spirit of cricket!! Although they have lost they have not done like what West Indies did when they were not paid

IanG

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
I'll be interested in what the attendances will be like. Not only will this be the first Tri-Series played in Australia for 4 years but also the fact that they're being played outside School Holidays. Since India wanted to come later it's meant that the season ends later when people here are getting into football mode.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
I notice the schedule has all the India-Sri Lanka games on a Tuesday, so I can't see to many people rocking up for those with work and school back in full flow. All the Aussie games are Friday or Sunday nights which should help.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Wade gets chance as Haddin takes break

All reports are Haddin will be rested for the first 3 ODIs, I like the move Wade looks more like the lower order hitter or opening batsmen we need in this format. And of course the selectors get to look at his keeping skills.

Malcolm Conn suggests the team will contain Faulkner, Christian, Mitch Marsh, Ferguson and McDermott.

alexczarn

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
ODI Squad announced

Michael Clarke (c)

David Warner

Ricky Ponting

Peter Forrest

Dan Christian

David Hussey

Michael Hussey

Matthew Wade

Brett Lee

Ryan Harris

Mitch Starc

Xavier Doherty

Clint McKay

Mitch Marsh

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Don't really see the point of Dussey after we had got rid of him. Would have preferred Ferguson with a view to the WC.
Forrest definitely more a view for the Test side.

Anyway only the side for the first 3 ODIs so hopefully Ferguson gets a look in for the next squad.

timchrist984

Club Captain
My XI:
David Warner
Matthew Wade
Ricky Ponting
Michael Clarke (c)
Michael Hussey
David Hussey
Mitch Marsh
Ryan Harris
Xavier Doherty
Brett Lee
Clint McKay

War

Chairman of Selectors
According to Ryobi cup form Forrest has cored 176 from 6 games @ 29 with one half century and was not amongst the top run scorers in the big bash league either. So i'm most certainly perplexed at this form the selectors are speaking of ahead of Cal Ferguson who is the 2nd highest run scorer to date in the Ryobi cup.

They could even have tried Birt in odi's although his domestic OD form is a bit weak - maybe he could step up at the highest level.

Not too pleased with McKay in this squad although he is seemingly bowling well domestically and other bowlers may be injured. Would have given Siddle a go to see if he translate over his test form - but i can clearly see his workload is being managed. So i guess i may have given Faulkner a ODI call-up as well.

Dussey may not be at the 2015 world cup, but neither will Lee, Harris or Ponting. Dont think thoughts about the best world cup squad together will become a serious topic until at least late 2013/early 2014 - thus for now those old guys are good enough to be the best AUS ODI squad IMO.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
From Jess Hogan twitter from the press conference.
While @calferguson12 No.2 in Ryobi Cup runs Invers reckons he's in poor batting form overall. Also wants more runs & wkts from @stevesmith49

Elevation of Forrest due largely to his Shield form, panel sees him as post-Punter & post-Huss regular in all forms. This first opportunity.

While Doherty legitimate 1st-choice spinner for ODIs Lyon was not considered due to quad injury he's carried in Tests. Out for 2-3 weeks.Haddin will not play in NSW Shield game starting day after PM's XI one-dayer he is leading. His choice whether play the next SS game or rest

Really don't like picking players based on form from other formats. What if a guy sucks at Shield and T20 cricket but is a gun OD player.

midgetwars

Club Captain
Will Tendulkar get his 100th 100 in this series?

Might be a bring in some crowds for Australia, although most likely to occur between Sri Lanka.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
It's funny you mention the crowds, because I'm pretty sure neutral games featuring Sri Lanka were blamed for the end of the tri series

formula1man

International Cricketer
I agree long term Forrest will be a good player in all formats, also if Marsh gets some runs in the shield he will probably come back in. I'm a bit annoyed David Hussey is back. it's a step backwards unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread