Group F - Australia, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
It could be New Zealand vs Pakistan in the first semifinal. India are looking down the barrel after losing 4 wkts.

Win for Australia! Damn Sri Lanka! You should have beat Aussies.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
changing the order around really mesed things up for Pakistan, the 3 players they really counted on failed.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
lol na there not taking him out, hes a VC but i agree he shouldnt be playing in 20/20.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
It could be New Zealand vs Pakistan in the first semifinal. India are looking down the barrel after losing 4 wkts.

Win for Australia! Damn Sri Lanka! You should have beat Aussies.

Ho ho ho! I was proved wrong by my own team. Sorry guys!

Pakistan, Australia, India and New Zealand. Great semifinal line up for the Asian fans.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Pakistan knew they were in the semis so they didn't bring their A game against Bangladesh. Afridi opening worked a lot better, looks like they may have got it right just in time for the Finals.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
changing the order around really mesed things up for Pakistan, the 3 players they really counted on failed.
You can't count on them every time and I think some credit is to Bangladesh as they utilise spin as well as anyone.

There were positives. Afridi opened well, while Imran Nazir put in his most useful performance when he came back after the 5th wicket went down, some evidence for what I have been saying all along. I do agree that pushing those important batsmen down the order is retarded, but it was the actions of the batsmen ahead of them, rather than the positions themselves that put Shoaib Malik and Misbah-ul-Haq under extra pressure.

What took place that didn't work for them? Salman Butt. I've said before, if he gets a good score then it will cost Pakistan a win and if Bangladesh had set 150-160 for victory, I don't think it is any stretch to believe he could have cost them the match with just 21 from 28 balls. He scored at exactly half the rate that is generally required at that part of the match. He is not ready for this form of cricket. Call it a rest or a rotation. Fake that injury. Anything. He doesn't have the batting skills and isn't a useful fielder or bowler.

What is more frustrating is that I don't think NZ are going to be able to force them to realise any of this. The only way is if Pakistan's bowlers fail and then it will not be seen as a weakness in batting.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Yes, I have a feeling opposition teams want to keep Salman Butt at the crease when Pakistan bat for as long as possible. Don't get him out :p

Users who are viewing this thread