June 2008
Thu 12 - Mon 16
10:00 local, 14:00 GMT 3rd Test - West Indies v Australia
Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados
Fri 20
14:00 local, 18:00 GMT Only Twenty20 International - West Indies v Australia
Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados
Sat 21 Floodlit Match
10:00 local, 14:00 GMT University of West Indies Vice Chancellor's XI v Australians
Three Ws Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados
Tue 24
09:30 local, 13:30 GMT 1st ODI - West Indies v Australia
Arnos Vale Ground, Kingstown, St Vincent
Fri 27
09:30 local, 13:30 GMT 2nd ODI - West Indies v Australia
National Cricket Stadium, St George's, Grenada
Sun 29
09:30 local, 13:30 GMT 3rd ODI - West Indies v Australia
National Cricket Stadium, St George's, Grenada
July 2008
Fri 4
09:30 local, 13:30 GMT 4th ODI - West Indies v Australia
Warner Park, Basseterre, St Kitts
Sun 6
09:30 local, 13:30 GMT 5th ODI - West Indies v Australia
Warner Park, Basseterre, St Kitts

Australia have announced their squads for the tour.

Test squad Matthew Hayden, Phil Jaques, Ricky Ponting (capt), Michael Hussey, Michael Clarke, Andrew Symonds, Simon Katich, Brad Haddin (wk), Ashley Noffke, Beau Casson, Brett Lee, Mitchell Johnson, Stuart Clark, Stuart MacGill, Ben Hilfenhaus.

ODI squad Matthew Hayden, Michael Clarke, Ricky Ponting (capt), Michael Hussey, Andrew Symonds, David Hussey, Shaun Marsh, Cameron White, Brad Haddin (wk), James Hopes, Brett Lee, Mitchell Johnson, Nathan Bracken, Stuart Clark.

Chance for some of you Aussies to comment on who you think got left out and who didn't deserve to get selected.
Here is the link to the article http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/wivaus/content/story/344628.html

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
He has brought up 10 new players..Any one of them must be in the Squad...
I was waiting for this...Very Important series for WI as far as their Pride is concerned in International cricket..

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Well I expect nothing less than cleam sweep. Also is Bracken gonna play.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Ya nobody have asked you my Cricket expert..:p
WI is not so bad atm..

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
If they loose to Sri Lanka on flat wicket then what can you say.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Yeah, very disappointed they lost that final day. Chanderpaul was the key there.

Good squads, well done to Marsh and Casson. Dunno what White's doing in the ODI side though.

AusRule

Club Cricketer
I don't like the look of the squad for starters no depth, if any injuries occur could be in a little trouble.

Secondly Katich?, can't understand :confused: if we wont to bring youth to the squad then why select a man who is 32 years of age, who was dropped due to poor technique and bad performances against fast swing bowling - but this is all forgotten when he dominates against domestic attacks which all i can say were not that good for any side during the season, as probably the best fast man was in his squad (Doug Bollinger).

And finally the selection of Beau Casson and Ben Hilfenhaus? why were they rewarded with national selection from such meager domestic seasons, sure what did Casson do? he had one good performance in the final against a team which was already down and out. these two spots i think could of gone to anyone, it almost seems like they drew them out of a hat.:rolleyes:

saying all this though i think Australia will still be totally dominant over the Windies

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Ya nobody have asked you my Cricket expert..:p
WI is not so bad atm..
Yeah they're great, especially without their three best players.

Katich: had to get the spot, dominated all season. Age shouldn't be a factor for someone playing that well, and 32 is not too old.

Casson: Finished the season off well, but McGain, even at his age, was the best spinner in the domestic season by far. Very lucky Casson.

Hilfenhaus: I'm astounded. Bad season, but given the gig anyway. Plenty of better players to reward ahead of him as far as I'm concerned.

ODI squad looks interesting, good to see some new players given a go and that's where we need to be experimenting I reckon.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Why is it that all players who are part of IPL are being selected. White, Kattich and Hussey.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Happy with the squads although no ODI spinner? I'm hoping that's just cause of the Windies pitch.

Casson performed well enough at the end of the season to be the pick of the youngsters so made it easier to bring in a young spinner.
Only person realistically in front of Hilfy would be Siddle. Bollinger injury pushed him out of contention.

Marsh interesting choice, I will go with it. Would have liked Hilfy in the squad for ODI.

formula1man

International Cricketer
Why is it that all players who are part of IPL are being selected. White, Kattich and Hussey.

well when you think of it they aren't. They could have picked Ronchi or Pommersbach but they chose Marsh?

I like the squad as long as these new players in the squad get a shot. I am looking forward to the changing of the guard, a bit of change never hurt anyone but if they are going to pick these players but keep the same XI than i'll be annoyed. White, Hussey and Marsh were probably only picked for the twenty20. or their better at mixing drinks than the others lol

I would like to see Kattich and Jacques share opener in tests, than see Hopes, White and D.Hussey share allrounder spot in ODI. and rest some of the older players for a few ODIs for Marsh to have a go.

I would have liked to see Watson, Pommers and Ronchi in side but than again i cant watch them play if they were so watching them in IPL will be better.

I think the WIndies might draw a test and win an ODI but i think Aussies will win both series.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Well No doubt Aussis gonna win that..But No chance WI will give it so easily...

I am not saying WI will be able to cause upset.......

WI will fight hard than They would had before 1 year...

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Na I reckon Aussies will simply walk all over them.

Users who are viewing this thread