Australian Tour of India, October 2010/11

angryangy

ICC Chairman
They are under pressure to get wickets already.

The stage is perfectly set for Dravid, Tendulkar and Laxman to just play safely and coast along. They will have a healthy run rate well into the next day even if they shut down like the Australian middle order. The pressure won't suddenly become a problem when India are 3/200. It will always be there, building up.

So the key for Australia is to upset that and make it unsafe for those batsmen. They'll need to find reverse far sooner than India. Johnson seems to be getting good things out of the pitch and his wickets are already vital. Ponting will surely look to him to keep it up tomorrow. If Bollinger can bowl tighter, perhaps he will also extract something. Plus, if the pitch is actually starting to turn, then maybe Hauritz can factor in the wickets.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Dravid-Tendulkar is a key partnership tomorrow. They have to score at least 80, but over 100 will put india in a good position.

Laxman is there at number 6. He is almost guaranteed 50-100+ vs Australia :)

Flame_Blader1

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Similar score to the one Aussies got back in Bangalore back in 08.. openers providing a solid start.. I swear this test is to similar to the one in Bangalore in 08. I hope that the similarities end tonight though. Hoping for a big one from Tendulkar. I'm also looking forward to the 2 slowest scorers play ( Ishant and Dravid) xD

razahood

Club Cricketer
Coming to Aussie Bowling Johnson and Huaritz are thhe keys for them.I didn't see a big turn from Huaritz though

Johnson should try to finish his over well most of the time.He bowls good 2 or 3 deliveries in an over but gives a loose bowl after it that's why he was hit for some boundries today

Params7

International Cricketer
Lets go Ishant! :happy It'll be disappointing if we at least don't make it to 400 from here.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Just watched the first session. Looking at the score, I'd say this is pretty even with Australia having a slight advantage given that they've got the runs on the board and Sehwag back in the hut. Our batsmen will have to play up to their potential and not suffer a collapse.

P

pcfan123

When did India finally replace the ball? I think it was almost 150 overs old by the time I fell asleep! Did that burst of wickets at the end come with the new ball?

Also, man Ishant is crap. There has to be a better bowler in India than him. Mithuin or Yadav or someone else better step up soon. If Zak gets injured what the hell is India going to do? Play 1 seamer?

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I like the looks of Mithun. He bowled really well against Sri Lanka. But, it is always the case with new bowlers in India. Munaf Patel came into the scene against England when he bowled fast and furious then Sreeanth who was pretty good to start with and Ishant had a similar start too. Now he's gone the same route, same was the case with Irfan Pathan. I hope Mithun doesn't go that way.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
For this series, Definitely Sreesanth to play in for Ishant in next match. Then we will soon see Abhimanyu Mithun back for India for the New Zealand Series.

I remember Laxmipathy Balaji and Dhawal Kulkarni being picked for Indian Test side that Won in New Zealand recently. Not sure though.

So if they were in contentions then why not here?

rahulkhush added 10 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

Yes, just checked to confirm, Balaji and Kulkarni were part of India's squad to New Zealand

rahulkhush added 0 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

Test Squad I Meant :)

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
It was interesting to see what the Aussie plan was going to be for Sehwag and I actually thought the bowling was pretty good for the most part during his innings (apart from Haury's first couple of balls and Bollinger overpitching once or twice). The Aussies also tried quite a few short balls to him but there isn't enough in the wicket to get it zinging around his nose :( So Plan A was out. But Sehwag was excellent, just didn't hit the fielders! It was all gaps for Viru. So it was a huge relief to see the back of him.

For those that don't rate Mitchell Johnson, last night was a great example of why he's a valuable bowler. I don't think he's a 'great' bowler - he can't swing it and probably half his overs have a bad ball in them, but geez he's good at getting something where nothing is on offer. Those kinds of bowlers are golddust on these type of pitches.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Mitch just has a knack for picking up wickets. Can't beat on him for it, it's something I'd love to have on our team.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I've become use to his lucky wickets to the extent I now use that as a reason to keep him in the side. Of course when he doesn't pick up wickets then the bashing begins.

TumTum

International Cricketer
I didn't see a big turn from Huaritz though

Hard to get spin if you don't land it on the pitch :p But I did see considerable amount of spin when he landed it.

TumTum added 8 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

It was interesting to see what the Aussie plan was going to be for Sehwag and I actually thought the bowling was pretty good for the most part during his innings (apart from Haury's first couple of balls and Bollinger overpitching once or twice). The Aussies also tried quite a few short balls to him but there isn't enough in the wicket to get it zinging around his nose :( So Plan A was out. But Sehwag was excellent, just didn't hit the fielders! It was all gaps for Viru. So it was a huge relief to see the back of him.

I agree the bowling was good for the most part. But the problem is the field wasn't set for those short balls. Every time he got a short one, even if he popped it up in the air there would be nobody there to catch it. We know Sehwag doesn't pull so deep leg side fielders are unnecessary.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Hmm yeah, I was a bit annoyed too at the deep square leg in over 1, especially when the bounce is barely getting above the stumps - who's gonna hook to deep square?? It was interesting seeing Sehwag's wheel though. All his singles were leg side, all his boundaries were offside, so why not reverse the thinking for an over or 2, bring everyone on the legside up and push most of the offside guys to the fence? Make him do something different. It kinda ended up that way after a while, but it might be worth experimenting with, especially if those leg side guys are catchers, like a leg slip, tempt him to play shots he's not wanting to play eg. pull shot.

Users who are viewing this thread