Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Now the fun starts, Lee and Clark our usual pillars then after that we will see if Australia will be going for a drawn series or attempting the win.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Will be interesting to see the next innings, as Lee kicks it off. How will India go now is the big question. If their pacemen can take 9 wickets then looks like we might have a real chance.

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
The real problem with our spinners is that one of them doesn't spin the ball and the other had been throwing darts for the best part of the last couple of seasons. Luckily Harby's starting to get out of that rut, and hopefully Mishra and Chawla can turn it more when Kumble finally quits.

My problem is not with Kumble.He has done a lot for Indian cricket and we will see him retiring soon.In fact I feel that would be a big blessing for India because we will then think about getting out of the `2 spinner` mindset which just won`t work with 4 bowlers in the side.
If you do play 2 spinners in your 4-bowler attack,you would need them to be bowlers who could bowl sides out on first-day tracks.If they are not capacble of doing that,you are just going in with a bowling attack whose success heavily depends on winning the toss and batting first and that is suicidal.

I would not trust Harbhajan to get a 5-er on a first day track.At least I have seen Kumble run through sides on first day tracks and good batting like the MCG,Chennai in 2004,SCG in 2004 etc.Harbhajan is yet to achieve anything like that and I doubt whether he has the guile to succeed on a day one wicket.

What a third seamer also does is that it gives the new ball bowlers enough rest before coming back for a new spell and also obviates the need for the spinner to bowl with the newish ball.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Our policemen/policewomen are putting India to shame. They just fall asleep on duty. I would be very disappointed if I was an Australian tourist.

Mad Snake

International Coach
it was good seeing it, India have set up a good 1st Innings start, Sehwag has batted really well so far, looking pretty solid

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah but I dont get why Rohit is falling in love with Haddin because of it. I've seen a number of our players do that. Ricky Ponting included :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread