Awaiting comment from Trickstar...

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
The code was owned by Codemasters who sold it to a third party. Trickstar couldn't have used it without being sued.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So does that mean that someone, somewhere is secretly creating a cricket game using the IC10 code?

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hmmm that would be interesting to see as in my opinion IC10 was a very good, not perfect but very good base to use for making a cricket game.

Fe98

County Cricketer
Nope. The IC10 code was bought by another company who may well use it to create their own game.

If things go well for BA, I imagine no one's gonna make another cricket game unless they can come really good (which is good for us, obviously)!

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
"No, there is another" - Yoda, Empire Strikes Back.

bp3000

School Cricketer
The code was owned by Codemasters who sold it to a third party. Trickstar couldn't have used it without being sued.

Please forgive me for sounding like a broken record, but that is exactly my point. Even though they don't own the code they may have had access to it. I don't mean legal access to use it, I mean a version of it was still on someones hard drive at trickstar games. They could have used this code for the event in June when they invited journalists to preview the game to make it look more on track then it actually is and they could have used it to make 505 games also think they were on track.

Like you say they could never fully release the game using the old code because someone would have noticed and they would have been sued by the actual current owners of the IC2010 code. Hence, they tried to remake new code with the new engine as they were suppose to. It was this that they failed at, but 505 games may not have understood this and thought it was in a more completed stage as they had seen it before. Hence why it ended in a complete farcical outcome.

----------

Hmmm that would be interesting to see as in my opinion IC10 was a very good, not perfect but very good base to use for making a cricket game.

I agree. In my opinion it is easily the best cricket game on the market. Hopefully don bradmam will blow it out of the water. I think the only reason people don't seem to play it on this forum anymore is because it is on a console and thus difficult to mod.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Does Barmy or anyone else have any idea of the possibility of a Trickster comment? I would have thought that Planetcricket would deserve a response since, if anything, having our adboards in the game ties is too this awful product. Mike Fegan is a coward and I do not expect anything but I'd love to be proven wrong.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Does Barmy or anyone else have any idea of the possibility of a Trickster comment? I would have thought that Planetcricket would deserve a response since, if anything, having our adboards in the game ties is too this awful product. Mike Fegan is a coward and I do not expect anything but I'd love to be proven wrong.

On the contrary, since PC was instrumental in getting the game completely cancelled and making it a product of ridicule everywhere, i doubt PC is in trickstar's christmas gift list....

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
On the contrary, since PC was instrumental in getting the game completely cancelled and making it a product of ridicule everywhere, i doubt PC is in trickstar's christmas gift list....

Trickster knew there would be public backlash. PC amplified it well though. If Fegan shows up here again he will have a lot of explaining to do.

Users who are viewing this thread