BACK IN THE DAY WHEN CRICKET GAMES WERE GREAT

G

goochie333

I dont know if any one will remember a game by the name of International cricket I played it on an Amstrad 464 and was addicted to it my highest score was 465 with Graham Gooch vs Sri lanka at lords finaly bowled by g.f. Labrooy ii seem to remember ... I have the score sheet somewhere then came a game which was released by code masters and was very much like Brian Lara cricket in an early form it seemed to be far too easy to bat but when you got to 250 .... the batsmans score would revert back to 0

in between times I remember playing an Ian Botham endorsed game ... a county cricket manager game on Amstrad and then came the codemasters " Lara " and of course the absolutely sublime International cricket captain versions 1 to 2002 .... when are we to see another version of by far the greatest cricket game ever ! ea's poor atempts at cricket were ludicrous to begin with was not keen on cricket 97 or 99 2002 wasnt much better though just starting to get the hang of it after starting up agin with a break of 1 year without playing ......... very much looking forward to cricket 2004 when ever it gets released ( march 12 here we come !!!) good luck in the windies boys ...............

M

Maestro

Cricket in those days were great. Most of the games then were Tests.

Modern Cricket games have more exitement because of the limitation of overs.

D

dean_mag

The new limited overs have given the game a popularity boost. This was taken on extremly well in the sub continent. Thats why India Pakistan and Sri lanka are so good now. Popularity -> Sponsorship -> Happy players -> A happy team -> Sucessful team!

Users who are viewing this thread