Bangladesh - Being Bangladesh!

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Proves the point Indian supporters were afraid of Bangladesh atleast once during the curtain opener
I wasn't afraid at all, knew that India would win that match easily, but expected Bangladesh to win against Ireland, England, West Indies and Netherlands. They proved me wrong, a pathetic side. Even a school level team of India can defeat them in this WC.

Bangladesh, the contenders? Not at all.

Varun

ICC Board Member
You know I read this everyday and it makes me laugh :) . Just the first para is enough to set me snickering .

God bless you User2010 from bringing such joy :lol:lol:lol:lol

Uhh, someone HAS to lose in a match. (unless it's a tie, which is a rarity) Sometimes it's just that luck is not on your side. Remember, Bangladesh beat Ireland who literally vanquished England.
So you should actually think before you write?

Dipak

ICC Board Member
Yep. Even i felt that Bangla would leave a mark in this WC. I don't think there is anything to laugh. Every team has bad days

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
User , time for a title change atleast ? You can support your favourite team , but that title is only good enough to bring in more foul mouthed fellows . Just a suggestion of mine :)

Auwais

International Coach
You Bangla fans need a sense of perspective. The hype down there from media and fans is ridiculous and surely can't be benefitting the team.

STLIndian

Club Cricketer
Not trying to toot my own horn, but I never thought Bangladesh was a legit contender.

The only players on their team that I would fear if I played them are Tamim and Shakib. You can't go deep into tournaments with only two players that strike fear. Every other contender has at least 5 of these players. (Hell, even ireland has more than Bangla- The two O'Briens, and Boyd Rankin)

----------

Wow, I just wrote what I felt before the start of the World Cup. It is not that it was certain that they will do well. It is Cricket, the game, for sake of it, one has to win and other has to lose.

The forum needs some mature people really, it seems people can't take what others think. Being a fan of of Bangladesh Cricket Team, I just wrote this from a fan's perspective. Seriously, grow up guys. You feel you can have a laugh reading this, good for you. Go on.

They haven't done well, so that's it. I accept that I expected a bit too much but as a fan, I can. Doesn't really matter for me if you keep on posting utter rubbish here.

Ahhh, chill, It's all in good fun. When you make a bold statement, and it falls on its face miserably, people are gonna rib you for it.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
This thread is going nowhere, we can better use the team thread of Bangladesh to discuss their progress in the WC. It's advisable to close this thread now.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
to be honest, it shows the knee jerk reactions here.

bangladesh will play england on friday. I'd expect england to lose tomorrow when they play south africa so they'll be coming off a draw and two losses, hardly picking up form.

they're still obvious favourites but if bangladesh did pull off a win all of a sudden they're favourites to qualify since england lost to ireland and can't pull back with a win over the windies. I agree bangladesh have looked poor, the batting has been very disappointing, and that would need to be firing well for them to pull of an upset and make the semi's or something. but the QF are still up for grabs.

how can you condem them in one match when another could redeem them?

(course england could win tomorrow and would all of a sudden seem a more daunting prospect, it's best not to judge over small time frames)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread