Batman Arkham Asylum

Just like Assassins Creed, this game's combat system got repetitive quick. But when I started to use all the combos the game started to flow much better and got more interesting. I'll probably return it anyway, not much to do after the Story mode is finished.

Has anyone finished Batman yet? I hope it's not one of those you can finish in two days, but after playing the demo, I think it might be. No spoilers, please!!

Has anyone finished Batman yet? I hope it's not one of those you can finish in two days, but after playing the demo, I think it might be. No spoilers, please!!

14 hours gameplay ( a single player campaign),then plenty challenge maps,400 Riddles,huge Collectible items.so total 24 hours game play.and for the Lazy gamers like me it will take an week to finish the single player.
pre ordered it already, Releasing in September 17 For PC:)

14 hours gameplay ( a single player campaign),then plenty challenge maps,400 Riddles,huge Collectible items.so total 24 hours game play.and for the Lazy gamers like me it will take an week to finish the single player.
pre ordered it already, Releasing in September 17 For PC:)

Ah, so not a short game! Good! How about online - is there any?

Edit: Campaign might even be longer on higher difficulty...

I'm 70% through it on Hard mode and i've been playing for about 6-7 hours-ish if that's any help. Can't see myself coming back to it tbh. Massively overrated game.

However given that it'll be significally cheaper on the PC i'd say go for it. It's worth about ?25.

I'm 70% through it on Hard mode and i've been playing for about 6-7 hours-ish if that's any help. Can't see myself coming back to it tbh. Massively overrated game.

Have to say you're about the only one I know of who has played it and doesn't have a somewhat high opinion of it. Are you taking the storyline into account when you rate it?

Have to say you're about the only one I know of who has played it and doesn't have a somewhat high opinion of it. Are you taking the storyline into account when you rate it?

It's not that I don't have a high opinion of it NP, it's just that I don't agree with the ludicrously high scores it's been given. Storywise it's a bit weak but I have to say I have become a fan of it's stealth related gameplay.

So basically what i'm saying is that it's a good game that i'd advise everyone to play, but it shouldn't be regarded as one of the all time greats. Having completed the game myself I don't think i'll be coming back to it anytime soon.

Last edited:
^ that has convinced me, will get this game once its trade in value is peanuts.

It's not that I don't have a high opinion of it NP, it's just that I don't agree with the ludicrously high scores it's been given. Storywise it's a bit weak but I have to say I have become a fan of it's stealth related gameplay.

So basically what i'm saying is that it's a good game that i'd advise everyone to play, but it shouldn't be regarded as one of the all time greats. Having completed the game myself I don't think i'll be coming back to it anytime soon.

That's fair enough. Planning on doing what hmarka said anyway.

anyone who hasn't bought this game should definitely buy it immediately. One of the best games I've played

Well one of the best games of the year.Really brilliant in all aspects.Superb gameplay,good combat(a bit similer like X Men :Wolverine),great anims models,story,voice acting(btw Batman's voice is classic from the Batman Animated Series which i saw on Cartoon Network when i was like 11 years old and still a great fan of it).And after finishing the story there is a high possibility of a sequel(Already waiting for it:p).My choice for the best game of the year.

Btw a bit off topic,did anybody try NFS Shift, Resident Evil 5 (PC) & Marvel:Ultimate Alliance 2?

Ended up signing with gamefly and ordered this one right away. Awesome game, lots of fun, incredible voice acting and dialog, decent storyline.

Basically, if you're a fan of the Batman series you will absolutely love this game. Mark Hamil does an incredible job as the Joker's voice, Riddler's challenges are a bit of fun on the side, the interview tapes are very interesting, but the piece de resistance for me were all the Scarecrow sequences. From what I know of the characters it stayed very true to them. Overall, as a Batman fan, I really really enjoyed this game.

Now if you're not a particularly big fan of the series and you're buying this game for the gameplay, you might be a bit disappointed with the combat, which is quite redundant until you can upgrade and make it only slightly more enjoyable. The strength of this game lies easily in the stealth aspect of it. There are plenty of ways to take your enemies down without having to resort to hand to hand combat and they're all quite fun. I loved taking one of the henchmen out and watch as his comrades would get panickier by the moment. In some cases none of the henchmen could find out one of theirs was missing, which only made it more fun. I wish the game had relied less on the combat and more on stealth, but the combat wasn't repetitive enough to keep me from enjoying some of Batman's moves.

Overall, I'll agree with evertonfan that the game is pretty overrated by people like IGN etc. Its a great game to play but I don't think I would've been as happy had I paid $60 for it. I certainly don't see myself going back to it, maybe to get some of Riddler's challenges but that's it.

-Bump-

Got this game 2 days before. I love this game. Haven't played this much but combat system is great as well as voice acting. Graphics are good but gameplay is that where it makes this game great and fun to play.

I love this game, though I finished it in a week. Finished all of Riddler's challenges and revealed the spirit of Amadeus Arkham. So yeah, hoped it would be longer.

Thank god I bought it from EB and could return it in a week. Game of the Year IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread