Batting Camera With Patch

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
If there's anyone who's using the "batting far" camera, and struggling with the timing in the new patch, I found that switching to the "batting close" camera really helped. It still takes practice, but I'm scoring more runs since I switched.

I know a lot of people use the Pro camera, and it's improved a lot since it's first introduction, when it really brought on my motion sickness. What's holding me back from using it now is the occasional rapid horizontal backward and forward camera movement, seemingly for no reason. If this was eliminated, I'd use it so much more.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I also want to add that the "batting far" camera would be better if the batsman and keeper would stay transparent for another couple of seconds before switching to opaque. This wasn't a problem pre-patch with old timing, but you need that extra time to keep the ball visible when playing late, IMHO.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
If there's anyone who's using the "batting far" camera, and struggling with the timing in the new patch, I found that switching to the "batting close" camera really helped. It still takes practice, but I'm scoring more runs since I switched.

I know a lot of people use the Pro camera, and it's improved a lot since it's first introduction, when it really brought on my motion sickness. What's holding me back from using it now is the occasional rapid horizontal backward and forward camera movement, seemingly for no reason. If this was eliminated, I'd use it so much more.
Its always closer you are the better view you get..:D

scampy

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I played a career match using the pro camera yesterday and was very impressed. Found it much easier to time the ball. I turned the batting timing feedback off and just got on with it as though I was out in the middle.

One thing I found uncomfortable was not being 100% sure where my pads were in relation to the stumps when taking guard. I like taking middle and off in the game but was not sure where I was stood when using pro cam. I tried the two trigger buttons and right stick to look down, but the view was bobbing around all over the place which made it more confusing.

Does anyone has any tips regarding this matter?

WizardOfOz

Club Cricketer
I played a career match using the pro camera yesterday and was very impressed. Found it much easier to time the ball. I turned the batting timing feedback off and just got on with it as though I was out in the middle.

One thing I found uncomfortable was not being 100% sure where my pads were in relation to the stumps when taking guard. I like taking middle and off in the game but was not sure where I was stood when using pro cam. I tried the two trigger buttons and right stick to look down, but the view was bobbing around all over the place which made it more confusing.

Does anyone has any tips regarding this matter?

Excellent point and I forgot to mention it in my feedback. I really dislike how you can't hold the view of what guard you are taking without it shaking/rigid movements.

I also think the Pro Cam could be almost perfect if the rapid head movement when you miss the ball is gone.

I hope this can be looked at @MattW @mikeymerren. Many thanks.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I also think the Pro Cam could be almost perfect if the rapid head movement when you miss the ball is gone.

Plus the rapid dizzy movements when you are at runners end. Post patch, pro camera helps me a lot to read the ball correctly but i just press x(skip) on my xbox moment i go to runners end to avoid feeling dizzy.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Plus the rapid dizzy movements when you are at runners end. Post patch, pro camera helps me a lot to read the ball correctly but i just press x(skip) on my xbox moment i go to runners end to avoid feeling dizzy.

I didn't notice that as I always press X anyway whenever I'm batting. It's probably just as well as it would bother me as well.

Users who are viewing this thread