Batting issues - playing through the off side

sonimrajk

County Cricketer
So Ross has said they will prioritise stuff especially if there is a video to go with it. I think we who care about this should make combined effort and follow some criteria for the recording, gameplay & ending process. Below I've listed a general outline of what we may need to do feel free to add suggestions and doesn't have to be by the dot just try what you can

TOOLS
-Clear video footage
-Input detector so they can see where you're actually aiming and where the ball is going
-Voice recording if you wish to narrate over it to give them explanations

GENERAL GAMEPLAY GUIDELINE
-Fill the bowling team with right hand bowlers and user controlled batsmen with all right handers
-Play cuts and drives and I think front foot straight drives and on drives need to be addressed too but we can discuss if this should be in our videos
-NO trigger shots please
-Suggest playing on medium difficulty

THINGS TO SPECIFY
We must get the following points across to BA
-Cover shots are weak and only go to limited direction regardless of stick position
-All offside shots are weak for the most part and cover drive animation is coming for square cuts and late cuts
-Some animation/shot detection is way off, example being to get a front foot cut you have to be standing at 5th/6th stump, this is unrealistic (Strauss, Cook come to mind cutting close to the body)
-We don't think animation should be predicted by this type of criteria, if I play a front foot cut to a straight ball the front foot cut shot should be played not a cover drive and this is without shot replacement on

Sorry if its a bit convoluted but you can get these points across in the video and tie them in via voice/text etc however you please. I know I'm missing a lot but feel free like I said to input. Hopefully I can get my video up by tonight. Also I think this issue exists with legside too, the legside shots go to same spot everytime just with more power...
I am on xbox and wait until patches comesup. Otherwise they will say its happening due to missing patches on xbox and ignore it.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
I am on xbox and wait until patches comesup. Otherwise they will say its happening due to missing patches on xbox and ignore it.
Really feel bad for Xbox users here. Little more patience bro.. I know it's easy to preach. But that's all we can do.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@Punk_Sk8r , @Nithin Antony , @sonimrajk
What has made this even more difficult is that the wagon wheel is broken in Cricket 22 - at least on PS4. You only see 20 or less shots in wagon wheel so sometimes you want to capture a certain shot using wagon wheel and it doesn't show up. Another thing broken from Cricket 19.

Bu IMO if anyone from Big Ant play through the off side by aiming towards 3'o clock on the RS (batting far camera) or 9'o clock (broadcast cam), they can see the random nature of cover drives themselves, especially if they play against pacers followed by against spinners.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
@Punk_Sk8r , @Nithin Antony , @sonimrajk
What has made this even more difficult is that the wagon wheel is broken in Cricket 22 - at least on PS4. You only see 20 or less shots in wagon wheel so sometimes you want to capture a certain shot using wagon wheel and it doesn't show up. Another thing broken from Cricket 19.

Bu IMO if anyone from Big Ant play through the off side by aiming towards 3'o clock on the RS (batting far camera) or 9'o clock (broadcast cam), they can see the random nature of cover drives themselves, especially if they play against pacers followed by against spinners.
Do you get cut shot animation against spinner though?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Do you get cut shot animation against spinner though?

No I didn't, and probably due to the fact I lowered pitch bounce to 30. But I found spinners (Lyon) bowled a much fuller length with barely any short length deliveries.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
No I didn't, and probably due to the fact I lowered pitch bounce to 30. But I found spinners (Lyon) bowled a much fuller length with barely any short length deliveries.
This is the problem though, pitch bounce should be 0 and you should get a cut shot.. If I play a cut I play a cut not have game decide for me that it should be a cover drive...

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
This is the problem though, pitch bounce should be 0 and you should get a cut shot.. If I play a cut I play a cut not have game decide for me that it should be a cover drive...

Couldn't agree more... if I make a decision to play a shot, that is the shot which the game should play but right now the game decides whether to play a cut or a square drive.

Users who are viewing this thread