DBC 17 Batting

grkrama

National Board President
Can you play cut shots to spinners? The wicketkeeper always catches it in the console version... can u please confirm if its fixed?
You can play cut shots to spin. check the vid below
Backfoot Drives test is on soft pitch and t20 in hard.

Music courtesy @Dutch

yup they do

you can play on both soft and hard pitches even in green ones except for ones that are full , in soft pitches you have to count for the bounce and play,it gets tricky when there is uneven pitch, but feels realistic on the whole. They vary really well in direction, all the shots have a good wide V of variation in direction.

you play front foot square drive now, legglance plays well for good length, keeper is good, dives around but doesnt isnt superhuman.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
@cricket_online When we play spin, the bowling marker never goes half Moon to indicate the line of delivery as it does for medium pacer. Am I right in stating this or I am missing something?

Callytee

School Cricketer
Can you play cut shots to spinners? The wicketkeeper always catches it in the console version... can u please confirm if its fixed?

You can play cut shots to spin in the current version. The keeper super humans them if they are badly timed. They may turn down the keeper but chances are you are still going to need to learn the timing of the shot to play it if you can't in the current console version.

The cut shot shown to spin in that video, I have been playing constantly on the current console version .

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@cricket_online When we play spin, the bowling marker never goes half Moon to indicate the line of delivery as it does for medium pacer. Am I right in stating this or I am missing something?

I don't remember at the top of my head. Will check and get back to you next time I play the game.

riteshagl

County Cricketer
You can play cut shots to spin in the current version. The keeper super humans them if they are badly timed. They may turn down the keeper but chances are you are still going to need to learn the timing of the shot to play it if you can't in the current console version.

The cut shot shown to spin in that video, I have been playing constantly on the current console version .
i dont mean square cut... i mean late cut...the keeper always catches late cut even if it is perfectly timed (in the console version)...

mkstatto

School Cricketer
First career mode century last night with Middlesex, was a nail bitter of a game two. Somerset put up a small 1st innings total with me greeting 4 wickets as the Somerset pitch turned early. 56 in the first innings and another two wickets in the second as Hildreth & Allenby putting on a 150+ partnership for the 5th wicket stand setting Middlesex a total of 249. I come in with Middlesex 5 down for about 120ish with Sam Robson up the other end on 60ish. Robson gets out at 86 and where I was routating the strike to get Robson on strike and regain some stamina I'm now required to up my game. Somerset immediately lock down the field with the only area to score being mid on and point, it was a case of waiting for the bad ball and avoid/leave anything outside off. Trickled my way quite slowly to 50 and I start to run out of partners, first Finn goes for 0 of about 25 balls and then Javid stuck around for about four overs. At this stage was still about 40 short of the total and in the 70s, Harris provided some runs at the other end, but sending the lack of time I taking more chances with lofted shots, a missed catch behind and a drop at mid off later, I had to slow down. Harris then went and I was left with a last wicket stand with 15-20 runs left. Managed to somehow get us to 240, 7 runs away when caught in two minds of whether to go aggressive or safe, chose the wrong option and pulled one straight to find mid off taking a fine catch. Devistating and exciting at the same time, couldn't believe I'd played that shot, all out.

I'm not the best at this game and am still getting to grips, hence why I'm on easy for bat/bowl and pro for AI. What a cracker of game this is even before patch 3.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

I played the game earlier today and can confirm that the line of the delivery (half moon marker) does show up properly for spinners.

passarapin

Associate Captain
AUS..
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hey guys,

On medium batting difficulty, does the footwork direction (sideways) need to be input?
Or is it simply up and down for front/backfoot.

Sometimes I find my player will move to either side when playing a shot. Not sure if this is down to timing?

Do you play the footwork analog stick at the same time as the shot direction stick?

Thanks

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Hey guys,

On medium batting difficulty, does the footwork direction (sideways) need to be input?
Or is it simply up and down for front/backfoot.

Sometimes I find my player will move to either side when playing a shot. Not sure if this is down to timing?

Do you play the footwork analog stick at the same time as the shot direction stick?

Thanks

front and backfoot sideways does make a difference... its not just up and down, you need to press in the direction your front foot must go,,, and you do not have to do it at the same time, the foot movement is before the shot play.

riteshagl

County Cricketer
You can play cut shots to spin. check the vid below
I mean late cut to fine third man...in the video its more of a square cut...if possible i would appreciate if u can put up a video of late cut to fine third man against spinners...would clear the confusion...in the console version we can play square cut but not late cut against spinners...the superhuman keeper always cathes it even if the shot is perfectly timed...

Wealey

ICC Board Member
IMG_5050.JPG
@cricket_online your like this wagon wheel of first 30 overs of an ODI

Users who are viewing this thread