DBC 17 - The Complete Review! Please Answer the Poll!

To what extent do you agree with this review?

• Strongly Agree

Votes: 76 55.9%
  • Somewhat Agree

Votes: 29 21.3%
  • On the Fence

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Somewhat Disagree

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • Strongly Disagree

Votes: 13 9.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

varunschuey

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
See, that isn't a constructive conversation gambit; you just make sweeping statements...how am I suppossed to engage maturely with you if that's all you can do?
It's not a baseless statement....an overwhelming majority of the people agree that DBC 17 is worse than DBC 14. For starters, the poll on this very thread has almost 80% agreeing with my review....and my review explicitly says that DBC 17 is worse than DBC 14.

D

Deleted member 9102

@varunschueyBut I have noticed you are posting your critics all over the internet IGN, metacritic etc which may not be a good thing for the DBC franchise. Like many others we want DBC to be successful so it can keep coming every year just like Fifa and PES.
Just found that... 0/10 scores given on Metacritic for both the PS4 and XB1 versions, and you could probably find even more of this guy slagging the game off all over the internet. Hell he even made a Facebook group and an entire blog page dedicated to this review... Ridiculous...

Utterly toxic character, would rather just insult and defame the product and developer for a bit of attention than actually contribute and have a bit of patience.

D

Dutch

It's not a baseless statement....an overwhelming majority of the people agree that DBC 17 is worse than DBC 14. For starters, the poll on this very thread has almost 80% agreeing with my review....and my review explicitly says that DBC 17 is worse than DBC 14.
How many people didn't vote?
How many people actually really enjoy DBC 17?
How many people have a totally differnt point of view?

You cant base sweeping statements on a select group of opinions: you can say the majority of people who bothered to vote in my poll voted in such and such a way: that is the only conclusion you can make. All the rest is either heresay, made-up or not true.

D

Deleted member 9102

You cant base sweeping statements on a select group of opinions: you can say the majority of people who bothered to vote in my poll voted in such and such a way: that is the only conclusion you can make. All the rest is either heresay, made-up or not true.
Even going by the poll, 44.1% didn't select "Strongly Agree", so must disagree with at least part of it. I wouldn't call 55.9% an "overwhelming majority".

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Even going by the poll, 44.1% didn't select "Strongly Agree", so must disagree with at least part of it. I wouldn't call 55.9% an "overwhelming majority".

Plus a margin of error of 8.5% if we want to get really technical.

varunschuey

Club Captain

Seriously.....now you are questioning the results of an open, anonymous poll....and a poll that was designed as per Snowy's suggestion. Way to go....thought you would have something better up your sleeve.[DOUBLEPOST=1484263270][/DOUBLEPOST]
And going by the poll...only 9% did not Strongly Disagree...so 91% agree.....super analysis mate.

D

Dutch

Seriously.....now you are questioning the results of an open, anonymous poll....and a poll that was designed as per Snowy's suggestion. Way to go....thought you would have something better up your sleeve.[DOUBLEPOST=1484263270][/DOUBLEPOST]
And going by the poll...only 9% did not Strongly Disagree...so 91% agree.....super analysis mate.
Whatever: 100 procent of me says goodbye.....

varunschuey

Club Captain
Just found that... 0/10 scores given on Metacritic for both the PS4 and XB1 versions, and you could probably find even more of this guy slagging the game off all over the internet. Hell he even made a Facebook group and an entire blog page dedicated to this review... Ridiculous...

Utterly toxic character, would rather just insult and defame the product and developer for a bit of attention than actually contribute and have a bit of patience.
Thought we were living in a free world....with right to open speech.....sorry if that is a crime....hope I don't get persecuted :noway

And by the way....you did not discover anything....I posted those links here myself....LOL

D

Deleted member 9102

You cannot make statements like this based on the poll "an overwhelming majority of the people agree that DBC 17 is worse than DBC 14"...

You can't just assume that people who voted anything less than "strongly agree" actually agree with every statement you made. Your analytical skills are severely lacking if you think you can draw such conclusions from a poll like this.

D

Deleted member 46200

Unfortunately, individuals like yourself who aren't interested in rational and reasonable discussion make it difficult for information to be shared by Big Ant or otherwise. Rather than wasting time trying to communicate with those who aren't interested in genuinely listening, they're investing they're time where it matters - in to the product.

Rational conversation? Going back to kittens seems a plausible response.

Thought we were living in a free world....with right to open speech.....sorry if that is a crime....hope I don't get persecuted :noway

And by the way....you did not discover anything....I posted those links here myself....LOL

Persecuted? You try being me or to that a women on this forum. I do agree with a lot of the elements but there's too much negativity. A little rationale to shift the conversation to a passive end should be reached.

varunschuey

Club Captain
You cannot make statements like this based on the poll "an overwhelming majority of the people agree that DBC 17 is worse than DBC 14"...

You can't just assume that people who voted anything less than "strongly agree" actually agree with every statement you made. Your analytical skills are severely lacking if you think you can draw such conclusions from a poll such as this.
Even if we take only the 55% that strongly agree...it is still a majority....I hope you have this much analytical capability :)

D

Deleted member 46200

Even if we take only the 55% that strongly agree...it is still a majority....I hope you have this much analytical capability :)
Ignoring me won't cleanse your sole! And, I'm the nice one who didn't bite you!

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Thought we were living in a free world....with right to open speech.....sorry if that is a crime....hope I don't get persecuted

Free speech - the right to express opinions.

Also free speech - the right to laugh you out of town if I think you're wrong.

D

Deleted member 9102

Too many people take "freedom of speech" as "freedom to be an arsehole".

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
The 'review' and subsequent poll are hardly relevant anymore, given you've followed it up with emotive, non-factual, irrational and ultimately useless discussion.

Any reasonable points you may have raised in the original post, get overshadowed by the sweeping statements, gross exaggerations and generally toxic attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread