DBC 17 - The Complete Review! Please Answer the Poll!

To what extent do you agree with this review?

• Strongly Agree

Votes: 76 55.9%
  • Somewhat Agree

Votes: 29 21.3%
  • On the Fence

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Somewhat Disagree

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • Strongly Disagree

Votes: 13 9.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mkstatto

School Cricketer
When and where have they acknowledged all these issues. Could you please provide a link to such posts?

I'd suggest reading his post again, blocker Dave clearly states by rushing out two patches they have admitted the game has issues. As he goes go to say, don't expect a running commentary, no games company in the world operates this way and you are being unrealistic.

You've made a very reasonable post in OP, let the Dev team do there stuff instead of expecting a 24 hour news channel giving hour by hour DB17 updates.

gogabutt

Club Captain
@varunschuey good work mate! you have identified some good pain points that needs to be fixed ASAP and I think most of the ppl here agree with those. But I have noticed you are posting your critics all over the internet IGN, metacritic etc which may not be a good thing for the DBC franchise. Like many others we want DBC to be successful so it can keep coming every year just like Fifa and PES. On the side note, AI Fielding in the game is the biggest let down and it seems artificial and cartoonish. Some of things I have noticed so please add them in your post.

- No run outs whatsoever. I can run on virtually every ball regardless of it hits the bat or not.
- Keeper takes at lease 2-3 seconds to decide whether he should stump the batsman or not.
- Occasionally, the fielder takes a catch and does not appeal for out.
- Fielder stops the ball before the boundary rope and becomes freeze for a few seconds without realizing he needs to throw the ball back to the keeper/bowler.
- Unnecessary over throws, and blower's and keeper's diving.
- You can keep hitting a 4 or 6 on the same area but the poor AI fielding does not bother to place a fielder on that area.
- Diamond icon on top of the fielder head. what is the point of having this?
- Batsman walks over the stumps and bails/sticks don't fall off.
-

Last edited:

varunschuey

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'd suggest reading his post again, blocker Dave clearly states by rushing out two patches they have admitted the game has issues. As he goes go to say, don't expect a running commentary, no games company in the world operates this way and you are being unrealistic.

You've made a very reasonable post in OP, let the Dev team do there stuff instead of expecting a 24 hour news channel giving hour by hour DB17 updates.

Firstly, their patches so far have targeted crashes, and hardly fixed any of the game play issues.

Secondly, they have more or less only acknowledged the crashes, and user generated content issues.

Thirdly, they have not acknowledged any of the game play issues like missing cover drive, stroke variation, fielding bugs, cameras etc.

Finally, the core game play issues have not only been mentioned in my review....it has been repeatedly highlighted by many people on this forum and elsewhere.

If they can find time to read and acknowledge insignificant and minute things, why have they never acknowledged the elephant(s) in the room? The only explanation is that they acknowledge insignificant and minor bugs because they are easy to fix and is on their radar for the upcoming patch....whereas the real game breaking issues are not easy to fix and they are probably clueless (or these glaringly obvious issues would not have existed at release) or do not intend to fix them properly.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Again, making baseless assumptions based on no facts whatsoever.

Remove the emotion and deal with the facts.

D

Dutch

Firstly, their patches so far have targeted crashes, and hardly fixed any of the game play issues.

Secondly, they have more or less only acknowledged the crashes, and user generated content issues.

Thirdly, they have not acknowledged any of the game play issues like missing cover drive, stroke variation, fielding bugs, cameras etc.

Finally, the core game play issues have not only been mentioned in my review....it has been repeatedly highlighted by many people on this forum and elsewhere.

If they can find time to read and acknowledge insignificant and minute things, why have they never acknowledged the elephant(s) in the room? The only explanation is that they acknowledge insignificant and minor bugs because they are easy to fix and is on their radar for the upcoming patch....whereas the real game breaking issues are not easy to fix and they are probably clueless (or these glaringly obvious issues would not have existed at release) or do not intend to fix them properly.

This is not true at all: it is wrong: it is not fact at all. They happen just want to deal with people who are willing to do so in a constructive and helpful manner.......

varunschuey

Club Captain
This is not true at all: it is wrong: it is not fact at all. They happen just want to deal with people who are willing to do so in a constructive and helpful manner.......
So please let us know what they intend to deal with and how....share it with the forum and include the correspondence......you can continue to be the privileged one to interact with them directly....but as a member of the forum, why don't you enlighten all of us?

D

Deleted member 46200

Shall we post kittens again or shall we discuss this like human beings with an ounce of common sense, come on boys let's stick to the program.

D

Dutch

So please let us know what they intend to deal with and how....share it with the forum and include the correspondence......you can continue to be the privileged one to interact with them directly....but as a member of the forum, why don't you enlighten all of us?
it is not for me to divulge that so I wont but I will say that everything you have stated in your post is contrary to what I know.....I understand that it is hard to wait for information but the fact that there is none forthcoming is not a reason to believe nothing is happening: masses is happening......

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia

Unfortunately, individuals like yourself who aren't interested in rational and reasonable discussion make it difficult for information to be shared by Big Ant or otherwise. Rather than wasting time trying to communicate with those who aren't interested in genuinely listening, they're investing they're time where it matters - in to the product.

varunschuey

Club Captain
Unfortunately, individuals like yourself who aren't interested in rational and reasonable discussion make it difficult for information to be shared by Big Ant or otherwise. Rather than wasting time trying to communicate with those who aren't interested in genuinely listening, they're investing they're time where it matters - in to the product.
Hmmm....like they invested 2 years to make a game which was significantly worse than its predecessor.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If people are taking things personally and there are problems on this thread, why not lock it or something? Ummm....?

D

Dutch

Hmmm....like they invested 2 years to make a game which was significantly worse than its predecessor.
See, that isn't a constructive conversation gambit; you just make sweeping statements...how am I suppossed to engage maturely with you if that's all you can do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread