DBC 17 - The Complete Review! Please Answer the Poll!

To what extent do you agree with this review?

• Strongly Agree

Votes: 76 55.9%
  • Somewhat Agree

Votes: 29 21.3%
  • On the Fence

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Somewhat Disagree

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • Strongly Disagree

Votes: 13 9.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The lack of cover drive has been evident since the academy demo was first launched. Both myself and I think, Fissionmailed (I'm not going to tag him and do him a disservice by dragging him into this thread) highlighted it.

All the more reason to get constructive feedback from folks who don't agree with everything instead of "yes men".

All the more reason to get constructive feedback from folks who don't agree with everything instead of "yes men".

The key being the word "constructive". If constructive criticism is posted amongst unhinged ramblings it tends to lose its meaning but on the whole I agree with what you're saying.

Last edited:
And would appreciate if you can also add missing glide to 3rd man or fine 3rd man area. Currently the late cut shot goes squarish to Square Gully and you can't glide the ball to 3rd man area which is a staple in shorter formats.

I have updated the OP to reflect the following aspects:
  • Length Control
  • Need to Premeditate
  • Commentary
  • Access to Thirdman region
  • Object Collision
  • Superhuman Spin Bowler & Keeper
@cricket_online Please review and let me know if I anything is missing. Hope your enthusiasm to get at least some of these issues sorted out.....pays dividends.

Last edited:
So you engage reasonably when others agree with your sentiment, but post irrelevant spam when they don't completely agree with you.

Great attitude.

It's not easy to judge the whole experience from the Academy where you can only bowl at unattended stumps or hit into an empty field with no stat tracking. If we had the ability to bring up wagon wheels from sessions in the Academy, the batting problems could have been identified much earlier (such as not being able to hit to certain areas) and substantiated with clear evidence. Other things such as the issue raised here by Alberts would have likely been brought up earlier if we could see pitch maps etc. Fielding issues were obviously impossible to see in the Academy... We didn't have a great deal of tools at our disposal to make substantiated claims about gameplay issues at that point IMO.

While I do think it's important to document and explain the issues with the game, and show what the consensus on the release is, this thread is likely to be pretty useless at that now despite a decent OP. My guess is that after the subsequent nonsense spouted in here, BA don't open this thread as a priority (if at all) and Varun is on plenty of ignore lists. If we want to continue such discussions along the same lines as the OP could have branched off into, a new thread would likely be the best place to do so.

If you could not identify the glaringly obvious things such as Missing Animations, Strokes and Stroke Variation in the academy, and had to rely on a wagon wheel.....this is the perfect game for you....no patch or fix needed.....hey but that is what you have always maintained, and the game is flawless for you. Isn't it? Sorry for the confusion....and your ability to give feedback....I am humbled.[DOUBLEPOST=1484244804][/DOUBLEPOST]
So you engage reasonably when others agree with your sentiment, but post irrelevant spam when they don't completely agree with you.

Great attitude.
No...I engage reasonably when others engage with me reasonably....when others resort to unreasonable behaviour....there is not much choice. My attitude....at least I have individuality instead of herd mentality.

If you could not identify the glaringly obvious things such as Missing Animations, Strokes and Stroke Variation in the academy, and had to rely on a wagon wheel.....this is the perfect game for you....no patch or fix needed.....hey but that is what you have always maintained, and the game is flawless for you. Isn't it? Sorry for the confusion....and your ability to give feedback....I am humbled.
If such things were so obvious to you from the Academy, why would you then go on to purchase the full game and then complain about being "fleeced"? :rolleyes

You are talking bullshit again because I never said the game was flawless. I only put 1-2 hours of gameplay into the Academy, so not enough time for making a fair assessment, and I'm still waiting for the PC release as I don't play on console... It stands to reason that stat tracking such as wagon wheels and pitch maps make it easier and clearer to provide evidence for a complaint. Obviously these issues are also more pronounced in the full game where you are trying to actually score and find gaps in a field than just messing around in a practice situation like the Academy.

Last edited by a moderator:
If such things were so obvious to you from the Academy, why would you then go on to purchase the full game and then complain about being "fleeced"? :rolleyes
I am a console gamer....so I never played the academy.....I bought DBC 17 because I expected that it would be better than DBC 14 (even if it was 5% better). I never imagined that a game could be so drastically poor than its predecessor.

Proper evaluation from people like you (after playing the academy) may have helped Bigant....although I doubt it. These issues are glaringly obvious....and as @cricket_online said...evident through academy videos even....and there is no way Bigant could have missed it. So the million dollar question.....how did they miss it???

I am a console gamer....so I never played the academy.....I bought DBC 17 because I expected that it would be better than DBC 14 (even if it was 5% better). I never imagined that a game could be so drastically poor than its predecessor.

Proper evaluation from people like you (after playing the academy) may have helped Bigant....although I doubt it. These issues are glaringly obvious....and as @cricket_online said...evident through academy videos even....and there is no way Bigant could have missed it. So the million dollar question.....how did they miss it???

What has this got to do with kittens? Please keep on topic

You are talking bullshit again because I never said the game was flawless. I only put 1-2 hours of gameplay into the Academy, so not enough time for making a fair assessment, and I'm still waiting for the PC release as I don't play on console... It stands to reason that stat tracking such as wagon wheels and pitch maps make it easier and clearer to provide evidence for a complaint. Obviously these issues are more pronounced in the full game where you are trying to actually score/win than just messing around in a practice situation like the Academy.
Do not comment on the review or the game if you have not played the game! That has been the overriding stance of Bigant. Aren't you worried that they will be antagonized? :noway

I don't disagree and I'm not at all for running after Ross and the Big Ant team with a pitchfork. I want the best for the DBC franchise and want it to be a long running and successful franchise. My point is that the OP in the thread is a great piece of constructive feedback and Big Ant would do well to consider it.
What has this got to do with kittens? Please keep on topic

Me being bad I have said sorry.

Cue unhinged ramblings (not Zims post about kittens, everybody loves kittens)

Ahhh bless you check out my previous post
I have updated the OP to reflect the following aspects:
  • Length Control
  • Need to Premeditate
  • Commentary
  • Access to Thirdman region
  • Object Collision
  • Superhuman Spin Bowler & Keeper
@cricket_online Please review and let me know if I anything is missing. Hope your enthusiasm to get at least some of these issues sorted out.....pays dividends.
Fielding or is this covered I have seen many fielders stand there as if they're on mums net. We still need an equal balance of miss fields and the odd piece of super fielding.

Until BigAntStudios comes out and aknowledge the Points on the Opening Post .

If the only thing they do is , tick the issues next to the review off and fix in the upcoming patch , along with the other 10 pages in the Bugs thread , then we will have a very very good cricket game in our hands

Edit : Seeing Madman`s response :

Are you suggesting I should copy the OP , and then Create a new Thread , and then Ross will actually print it out and pay attention to it ?

He surely have taken note of all the points , I dont see the need to open a new thread for that . But thats just my opinion , not taking you on Madman .

comes out and acknowledges the points in the OP?

Are you saying that Big Ant haven't admitted the issues? That's nonsense.

BA have already issued one patch, they are working on others. the nature of the console platforms and how patches are handled mean they are obviously going to try and limit the number of patches / changes and will probably use the PC version and multiple updates there to refine it. You'll probably get a soonish "critical fix" patch to address crashes and the major shot issues, then probably a final gameplay type patch once the PC version has been out a while and a few updates have gone out on that and additional feedback required.

expecting them to acknowledge every time the same point is made or assuming it's being ignored is absurd. it appears that people are expecting a running commentary on the patches and that is not going to happen.

comes out and acknowledges the points in the OP?

Are you saying that Big Ant haven't admitted the issues? That's nonsense.

BA have already issued one patch, they are working on others. the nature of the console platforms and how patches are handled mean they are obviously going to try and limit the number of patches / changes and will probably use the PC version and multiple updates there to refine it. You'll probably get a soonish "critical fix" patch to address crashes and the major shot issues, then probably a final gameplay type patch once the PC version has been out a while and a few updates have gone out on that and additional feedback required.

expecting them to acknowledge every time the same point is made or assuming it's being ignored is absurd. it appears that people are expecting a running commentary on the patches and that is not going to happen.
When and where have they acknowledged all these issues. Could you please provide a link to such posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread