DBC 17 Batting

Brentismaximas

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Never played this series before but in my 3rd attempt at a career mode averaging mid-high 20s and I just cannot figure out how to play attacking at all. It feels like every innings is just me pushing the ball to a fielder and trying to sneak 1 or 2 and scoring 30-40 in 30-40 balls with maybe 1-2 boundaries. I would say if I play an aggressive shot there is a 50-60% chance I just loop it to the infield.

Is there a particular way to play an aggressive shot? It feels like the timing compared to a normal shot just doesn't work at all, and whenever I do nail one for a 6 it feels like I was way too early on the ball. Also when I play down the wicket to the spinners in the nets I cream it everywhere, but when it comes to outside the ball is almost always chipped in the air to cover when I'm not even using LB?

Also with aggressive cuts/hooks my batsman just seems to widely swipe and move his feet entirely randomly as though he isn't aware the ball is even being bowled. Again, is this a difference in timing for aggressive shots? I really don't see why there should be a seperate timing window for LB shots
When you say third attempt, do you mean third game? If so...patience. Take your time. Remember your player is an amateur. Get his confidence way up before taking too many risks. And save his energy too.

break1n

School Cricketer
[DOUBLEPOST=1485351067][/DOUBLEPOST]
left stick is foot movement, forward = front foot shot, backwards = backfoot shot...

Is it not deeper than that? From what I've gathered it feels like up = front foot but you also need to move left/right to get your foot to the ball. I could also be completely imagining this, but it does feel that when I forget to do this that I miss the ball by miles

Brentismaximas

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
[DOUBLEPOST=1485351067][/DOUBLEPOST]

Is it not deeper than that? From what I've gathered it feels like up = front foot but you also need to move left/right to get your foot to the ball. I could also be completely imagining this, but it does feel that when I forget to do this that I miss the ball by miles
Anyone else getting caught behind every single game? Mainly off the leg spinners

Yea it's harder now than it was before patch #3. But it's better too. Patience. Pick your shots.

samjewels

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Having played about 5 hours post patch, I've noticed that they've increased the power of regular shots i.e. shots that don't require modifiers, and I'm having far more success whilst still hitting boundaries. Hope this helps anyone that is struggling

rajarajan

School Cricketer
I've played a front foot shot for a blue delivery(Yorker length), But my player played it in backfoot and got bowled. Is there any settings where i can change my foot movement as Manual/Automatic? Did any one experienced the same?

kishore_513

School Cricketer
I've played a front foot shot for a blue delivery(Yorker length), But my player played it in backfoot and got bowled. Is there any settings where i can change my foot movement as Manual/Automatic? Did any one experienced the same?
You must have changed the batting camera type from broadcast to Batsman Far/Near or vice-versa, but forgot to change the invert controls..

Njnbat

School Cricketer
Even I feel it's unplayable to play late square cut. Always the keeper catches dives like superman to take them. Even I deliberately play down the ground using R2. Any one who has mastered this shot successfully in a 20 over game?

maverick_12210

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Members, How can i play the aggressive step down the track shot on the PS4?

Is it keeping R3 pressed and then hitting R2?

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Members, How can i play the aggressive step down the track shot on the PS4?

Is it keeping R3 pressed and then hitting R2?
Press R3 you will the see the batter has a higher backlift... this indicates he will run down the wicket, then L2 for aggressive shots R2 for along the ground shots. obviously LS forward to run down ;) -- I hope this is correct!

Users who are viewing this thread