Batting Tutorial Vids

grkrama

National Board President
Hook Shots :

The Key to Playing Hook Shot is RS at 6'o Clock its sensitive, and you may end up with going to Back foot glance or late cut if you go either side, But once you practice a bit pulling the RS straight down, its easy to get a hang of and is very useful against Short Stuff and to dissect the field when Deep square leg is there and you cant go for pulls.

Also LS foot work matters a bit but not too much, while you can connect most which are in line with body with LS at 6, at times you may edge if the ball is going wide down the leg side, to avoid that you need to get LS to 7-8 o clock [RHB] for those deliveries. Hooking from out side Off is tough but possible if you move a bit and then hook from there with LS at say 5-4 for [RHB] and 7-8 for [LHB] and hook. Its useful in T20 were you need to score but field is spread and the bowler is banging short stuff and making you to attempt cuts.

sorry for the encode, the controller ui is not chroma keyed properly but its the one with intricate RS direction hence used it. Also LT RT are not present in the controller UI. Also The ball machine isn't great at bowling bouncer hence had to set pitch marker way back but in game bowlers bowl it quite easily from much shorter length especially in hard pitches.

music courtesy :@Dutch Dutch's Music for DBC Requests Thread Thingy.... - Don Bradman Cricket 17 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums

grkrama

National Board President
Sweep and Reverse Sweep :

Sweeps the key is to identify the two types one squarer and the other fine. Squarer one with RS above 8]o clock works well for good lenth and full ones, you can use the squarer version even outside of stump with proper footwork to correspond to the line.
the finer sweep with RS @ 7 o clock plays well for fuller deliveries on middle or leg stump.
The slog versions also work similarly and are effective against spin and medium bowlers.

Reverse Sweep has two shots one normal reverse sweep, the other a bit like a switch reverse like maxwell kp play.
To play normal reverse RS above 4'o clock. Its effective against spin and medium.
To play the switch reverse RS @ 5'o lock for RHB. This effective with spin and pace even faster bowlers.

B

Bigby Wolf

Sweep and Reverse Sweep :

Reverse Sweep has two shots one normal reverse sweep, the other a bit like a switch reverse like maxwell kp play.
To play normal reverse RS above 4'o clock. Its effective against spin and medium.
To play the switch reverse RS @ 5'o lock for RHB. This effective with spin and pace even faster bowlers.
RS at 7 O clock for LHB by keeping LS at 6 and 12 both works.

EnigmaticZee

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What's unfortunate for me is I bat in Broadcast game and there is no freaking way to practice. It just makes me sad how they removed broadcast cam from training mode. Unbelievable

rajahirons

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
I like all the, very helpful for test matches and ODI's.

I bat on hard with and can get very good scores batting slowly and conservatively. My only problems is in the shorter forms when I try to hit a few sixes.

Can you do some videos on hitting sixes? I know this is not an arcade game but rather a sim, I would still think hitting a few sixes should be possible.

rajahirons

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
sure will do in sometime next week.
Thanks, it will be really helpful. I see loads of sixes on youtube but Im not sure what the sliders are set to.

I would assume that it is possible to hit nearly every ball for a six with an unique shot but just a very small timing window.

I can barely hit a six straight over the bowler and then some aggressive pull shots and flicks also go for sixes. I've had a couple of cut shot nearly hit the rope but other than that it's been hit and miss from me.

I must say this game is way more challenging than DBC 14 for me. I could hit almost every ball for a six in DBC 14 like an arcade game and were able to easily win matches. This takes every bit of concentration to get your foot placement perfect and then build your confidence slowly.

Users who are viewing this thread