Batting Video - 233/4 in 10 overs, hard difficulty

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
+1 :)

boney_g added 1 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

Anyone can post his/her opinion here. If you have any problem then go to mods.:sarcasm

Oh, so continuously posting off-topic is OK? This is about CR, not Ashes, and this thread is about a guy who made a video.

rocky_g

International Cricketer
So the game is terrible because it ran badly on your PC?

Maybe try a gamebooster, iobit made a good one, and set graphics quality to low, then it will run quite well on your PC.

Wow, 2 faults with the gameplay and you say the game sucks, where should I start with faults in the Ashes gameplay..?

thedon5 added 0 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

Looks like you haven't played CR then.
I have played it enough. :sarcasm Played it for 7 days at a friend's place for 2-3 hours. Got bored of it. And came back to Ashes Cricket again. Sorry but i cant play cricket in Egypt. :laugh

boney_g added 5 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

Sorry mate but that is just my opinion, when compared to Ashes, CR is an incomplete game, the lack of a 360 batting just killed it for me. Also I feel a catching system is vital to a cricket game.

Having to only use keyboard was also a big turn-off.

After playing Ashes everyone will look for these two features in every upcoming cricket game. Thats just awesome.

Also i didnt like the pull shot in CR. What kind of shot is that? Most of the time when AI spinners bowl their special delivery it just freezes the batsman and he gets lbw.

P

pcfan123

Also way too much movement in CR, batsman just walk across and hit everythign on the leg side, and there were never more than 10 people online in the 2 weeks that I playd it.

I still play it when my roomies are using the ps3, just because Id rather play cricket than any other video game.

jb the badsign

Club Cricketer
doorknob1.JPG

:laugh

P

pcfan123

Good one, only took you 30 minutes to come up with. Do you write your own material or do you hire writers?

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Also way too much movement in CR, batsman just walk across and hit everythign on the leg side, and there were never more than 10 people online in the 2 weeks that I playd it.

I still play it when my roomies are using the ps3, just because Id rather play cricket than any other video game.

I also do not like these things in CR.

Nevertheless, CR > Ashes.

Sorry mate but that is just my opinion, when compared to Ashes, CR is an incomplete game, the lack of a 360 batting just killed it for me. Also I feel a catching system is vital to a cricket game.

Having to only use keyboard was also a big turn-off.

Fair enough, not everyone will like the same game. I don't think it's complete either - but Ashes certainly isn't complete as well.

I enjoy using keyboard only, and even if you don't, the controls can be mapped to a gamepad, as scion_sid showed us.

A catching system may be vital, but there is no point when catching is so damn easy like in Ashes.

Depends what you like really, graphics or gameplay, Ashes has the graphics (more like watching cricket on TV), CR has the gameplay (more like playing cricket).

Btw, any game's 10 over version should be a slog fest, like it would be in RL.

P

pcfan123

I feel Ashes when played between 2 decent players who do not use exploits can be very realistic (except for the spinners) check out my AC09 diary in the story thread.

Both games are very raw, they can only get better. The 2nd editions should be the real deal for both of them.

If CR really wants to be competitive though they must release on consoles. Most video game companies are ignoring PC and CR went PC only :facepalm

One thing about CR though, the batting animations are the most realistic and smoothest animations I have seen since BLC 99

las_faiz

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I like both game immensely and both have their pro's and con's

What CR lacks in the 360 control system, it makes up with shot placement and in-depth stats tracking. You can track all the stats in online matches. Thats a big plus for a game like cricket

The lag does kills the game. Some connections are so bad that it literally makes me dizzy. Ashes doesn't has that problem and CR missed the boat big time by not adopting server's

Cricketiswin

Club Cricketer
Great batting, however you didnt played much shots altogether, late cuts, aerial cut shots etc.
hey mate hmarka I think you are spoiling the thread here.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
I feel Ashes when played between 2 decent players who do not use exploits can be very realistic (except for the spinners) check out my AC09 diary in the story thread.

Both games are very raw, they can only get better. The 2nd editions should be the real deal for both of them.

If CR really wants to be competitive though they must release on consoles. Most video game companies are ignoring PC and CR went PC only :facepalm

One thing about CR though, the batting animations are the most realistic and smoothest animations I have seen since BLC 99

I agree, but Ashes isn't a new game, it's the same engine as BLIC.

I agree that they must release the game on consoles, but the game must also be marketed better and sold in stores for this to happen. The CEO of Mindstorm Studios was looking for ~100,000 users to play CR, yet there are under 4,000 atm. I hate PC games, the only good thing about them are user-made patches.

BLC 99, I had it, and lost it. Played it once, wish I'd kept it since all I hear nowadays are comparisons between current cricket games and BLC 99 :doh .

P

pcfan123

Its an ongoing joke on the forums, not surprised you do not know about it though as we have a no douchebag rule for these things .

Users who are viewing this thread