Best Graphics Cards for C2K5

brad352 said:
A FEW dollars? Are you insane?

6600GT is great value, 9600 is well outdated and should only be considered if you really need to save some money

alright cool..will keep that in mind..but im sure ill just go with the 6600gt and not go through the hassel of upgrading it again..for sometime atleast

I've got p4 2.8 ghz and 256mbram and a geforce fx 5700 256mb(which i'll keep for around a year more) and this game runs as smoothly as its predecessor.

Guys I am gonna get a new card soon what do u think about this 1. Right now I have a 1.7 ghz processor, CPU: 1696, 632 ram and some card called (32mb) Intel(r) 82845G/GL and my games always run slow what do u think is the reason & what card do all u guys recommend?

my card should :help . i have a GEFORCE FX 6800 UTLRA? 256mb ram card. i play Grand Prix 4 2005 season, Moto GP2, Cricket 2005(demo), Call of Duty, Mafia, GTA San Andreas, Driver 3, Sims 2 and Athens 2004, all installed on my comp! :onpc

Turbanation said:
Guys I am gonna get a new card soon what do u think about this 1. Right now I have a 1.7 ghz processor, CPU: 1696, 632 ram and some card called (32mb) Intel(r) 82845G/GL and my games always run slow what do u think is the reason & what card do all u guys recommend?

Yup, it's a very fast card but your CPU will be a bottleneck it. Anyway it's a great card. You can also look towards 6600GT which in itself is a very good card. But if you are looking for a high end card you should also consider 6800GT which is better than X800pro.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/GeForce_6800_GT.html

When ever you upgrade your CPU, you will be able to get more out of your video card.

Kaifu said:
my card should :help . i have a GEFORCE FX 6800 UTLRA? 256mb ram card. i play Grand Prix 4 2005 season, Moto GP2, Cricket 2005(demo), Call of Duty, Mafia, GTA San Andreas, Driver 3, Sims 2 and Athens 2004, all installed on my comp! :onpc
bloomin heck thats all you play with gfx card???
With my radeon 9000 ati. I play battlefield 2, half life 2, c2005 demo, far cry and a load of other games. Handles them all well considering its only a 64mb card i can ply hl2 on medium and far cry.

well its all good regarding the cards each of you play with, but can i take a look at the graphics you guys get...
post some screenshots of cricket 2005 or any other game, with your graphics card..its easier to compare that way...

Ankit kukreti said:
When ever you upgrade your CPU, you will be able to get more out of your video card.

How do you upgrade your CPU somebody please tell me and give me some recommendations?

Turbanation, do you know what motherboard you have or check with your vendor. If your motherboard support faster processor then it you will also be able to upgrade it.

dont mean to brag but this is my sepcs i built last week

AMD 64 3500

Radoen 700 XT PCI express (awsome card)

and on teh updating CPU don't bother you would need a new motherboard. if you have a older motherboard you wont be able to buy a better CPU to put on there, and if you did it would be pointless really.

so if you got a 1.7 Ghz intel you probaly could only go to a 2.1

where as if you bought a new motherboard and CPU you might get too 3.2 rather then wasting money and upgrading all the time

adthomp said:
dont mean to brag but this is my sepcs i built last week

AMD 64 3500

Radoen 700 XT PCI express (awsome card)

and on teh updating CPU don't bother you would need a new motherboard. if you have a older motherboard you wont be able to buy a better CPU to put on there, and if you did it would be pointless really.

so if you got a 1.7 Ghz intel you probaly could only go to a 2.1

where as if you bought a new motherboard and CPU you might get too 3.2 rather then wasting money and upgrading all the time

Exactly, you have a celeron based mobo, It now really depends how much you want to spent. Graphics card upgrade will definitely have a big impact but your cpu and mobo is not that fast.

You can get new pc: AMD 64 bit 2800+ or P4 3Ghz which have enough horse power to feed 6800GT or X800pro. Even 6600GT will behave like a 6800GT in your current pc because of your config.

Ankit kukreti said:
You can get new pc: AMD 64 bit 2800+ or P4 3Ghz which have enough horse power to feed 6800GT or X800pro. Even 6600GT will behave like a 6800GT in your current pc because of your config.

I am not looking to get a new pc I am going to wait for the next-gen pcs in late 2007 :hpraise . I only want my games to run smooth with no lag, Do you think buying a top-of-the-line card will help? but I could also buy 1gb memory what do you think? is a new motherboard neccessary? since they are so expensive I was not looking to get one. :help

Users who are viewing this thread