Big Ant working on Cricket Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to forum members Covvy and dajesmac for the heads up on a recent announcement of a Cricket video game on the website of Australian developer ‘Big Ant Studios’, who have been on a sport craze lately with releases of an NRL game and an AFL one on the way, so clearly they aren’t afraid of a challenging genre of games. From their website,

Big Ant Studios, Australia’s leading sports video game company, are proud to announce that Cricket for current generation consoles will be released this Summer – it’s Cricket like you’ve never seen it before!

Promising to be the best and most fun Cricket game ever to grace a console, the game shall include all nations of the world cup and all current formats including Fifty-overs, Test matches, and 20-20.

Stay tuned for more news and exciting competitions leading up to the launch day.

The site also mentions being ‘Current Gen’, but no detail on the exact consoles or whether there’ll be a PC version.

Article by Matt Whitehorn - Read More...

P

pcfan123

Fantastic news, anyone know about Big Ant? or their previous games?

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I'm happy really even though it is not confirmed whether there will be a PC version. I am soon going to get either Xbox or PS3 so no worries. By 'soon' I do not mean this year though.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Well PC could go either way, the NRL game is only 360/PS3, but the AFL game is on PC as well.

P

pcfan123

Seems they have only made sprint car and Spyro games. No sign of a team sports game anywhere besides the new Rugby one. That should be a good gauge as to what the cricket one will look like.

No mention of a season mode either, that could really set this game apart from IC10.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Generally with Aussie developers they are a mish-mash of other failed ventures, so often the talent behind them is bigger than the list of previously developed games would suggest. Equally, it could mean you've just got people who weren't hired by other companies for a reason, and the game will be rubbish. But I'd suggest more competition in the market is always going to be a good thing.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I don't have high hopes seeing the web site. :p

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
I reckon it could be pretty good. So far the AFL game that they're making is looking top class, and apparently the NRL game's not too bad either.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Well so far fans are happy with their NRL game so it looks like they can actually make a game.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
I'd just like to say I've got the recent Rugby League game (It's not Rugby Mark :p) and I really do like it. Of course there's room for improvement due to the fact that it's their first attempt, but for a first effort It's bloody good.

You might also like to know that online works :p

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Will be interesting seeing what they come up with, always good having another developer in the Cricket gaming market.

D

Dutch

I'd just like to say I've got the recent Rugby League game (It's not Rugby Mark :p) and I really do like it. Of course there's room for improvement due to the fact that it's their first attempt, but for a first effort It's bloody good.

You might also like to know that online works :p

Is the rugby league title a sporting game...what I mean is does it represent the sport well? I was a bit worried when the website said "cricket like you ahve never seen it" that it might be a kind of arcadey game with lots of razzamataz and all but no cricket as such.

Great to have another developer interested in cricket. It can only be good.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Yes, it sure is. Expect them to have the gameplay as number one priority for the first edition then build from that. What they've done with Rugby League is get the gameplay as close to real life as possible, and to do that they had to cut out a lot of the "razzamataz". So for their first edition I wont be expecting Stunning graphics, but for basic gameplay to be as close as possible to the real thing, and then build on that for future editions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread