BLIC 07 Demo Problem

khan31

International Coach
So it it all over for us GeForceMX440 card owners. Can't we play this game at all? The last game ran fine.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
One thing is for sure, codemasters have screwed up, offering sub par graphics and demanding the latest graphics card to use it with.

Valaskjalf

Club Captain
Its got nothing to do with the graphics cards....depends on whether you have Intel or AMD. From what i can tell everyone whos having problems are running Intel whereas Im one of the lucky ones with an oldish graphics card but my pc is AMD, hence I have no choppyness and run the game at 55fps

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
It doesnt matter if its AMD or Intel - Gone are the days when games were optimised for processors. Its the new era and in regards to processor's only RAW horsepower matters these days.......... Since a lot of work has been offloaded to the GPU...

Yes Manee codies did screw up, exactly what EA did with NFS Carbon if anyone except me experienced it ..

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Hopefully if my plan works off I can pay ?35 and get the game, update to a working graphics card and get a ps2-pc adaptor.

PS: Does the ps2-pc adaptor work with the demo?

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
manee said:
One thing is for sure, codemasters have screwed up, offering sub par graphics and demanding the latest graphics card to use it with.
I dont agree. Games shouldn't be held back by people who have outdated equiptment. If your graphics card is old, you should update it, a reasonable one will only set you back the price of 2 or 3 games. To expect a game that is 2 years newer to play as the old one did is crazy.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
I know you are the expert but my view is that the graphics should have been slightly better for the cards they are asking for.

PS: You went to the codemasters open day, so you would be a good one to ask, are there a higher quantity of correct faces in the full game than the demo?

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
The PC games market is a pig in commercial terms. Hence, games are primarily designed for the console market where there is higher demand, less copyright infringement, and more money to be made. Now that the era of the PS2 (which sucked so badly) has finally come to an end, low-end PC users have to catch up with the technology of next-gen consoles if you want to carry on playing games on PC. Kev's right, it's all in the name of progress. I, for one, am glad that the next-generation has arrived. It's an exciting time for us gamers. We've never had it so good.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
With Directx 10 arrived, we all may be in for a ride, but then again its for everyone to buy a Dx 10 card to take advantage - You cant expect Crysis to run on a Dx9.0c card with features of DX10.
However, i do little bit agree with Manee, the visual appearance to requirement ratio is not quite right.

If anyone remembers Recoil then recall how it ran superbly on incredibly low end system, with awesome graphics of the time.

vnbharath

School Cricketer
Burma's Finest said:
The PC games market is a pig in commercial terms. Hence, games are primarily designed for the console market where there is higher demand, less copyright infringement, and more money to be made. Now that the era of the PS2 (which sucked so badly) has finally come to an end, low-end PC users have to catch up with the technology of next-gen consoles if you want to carry on playing games on PC. Kev's right, it's all in the name of progress. I, for one, am glad that the next-generation has arrived. It's an exciting time for us gamers. We've never had it so good.

Hmm.. you are absolutely right... All you words really makes sence.. though the BLIC 07 gaphics are not that good, i think they have used some high end (High Definition?) engine to build the game..
Its better for the gamers like us to go for Xbox360(since its ruling the market) than to invest on a
graphics card/ processor/ram and all tat crap...
Its really frustrating to change the graphics card for every 6 months or an year..
So its better to buy an Xbox be happy for 3 to 4 years, after tat throw tat off and buy another next gen console.. That really make sense rather to invest on a computer..

I'll forget that there is a game called BLIC07, save money for 4 months, get an xbox (and of course BLIC07) and live happily there after!! :cool:

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Burma's Finest said:

Would it be wise to buy a ?100 graphics card, ps2-pc controller adaptor and play games on PC for half the price rather than get a Ps3 or Xbox360?

Ankit kukreti

Club Cricketer
Is this consoles vs PC thread :D PS2 was most popular, they are great for consumers as well. Although PS3 is expensive it will last for some years for sure. Xbox 360 is looking good ATM. PC user are best in terms of technology but also expensive :p

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
manee said:
Would it be wise to buy a ?100 graphics card, ps2-pc controller adaptor and play games on PC for half the price rather than get a Ps3 or Xbox360?
Not really. Think about it, if you spend the ?100 on a graphics card now, in a few years you will need to buy a whole new PC or do a major and expensive upgrade to keep up. The Xbox 360 platform will stay the same for the life of the console (a guess would be at least 2 or 3 years left before the 360 stops getting new games), which means instead of a big investment down the track you can just pay a bit over the price of two graphics cards for the Xbox 360, and not have to worry about upgrades

If I played more games than I do I would definitely go down the route of getting a console rather than try to keep my pc up to date gaming wise. Plus you get the advantage of being able to keep playing games even if your computer isn't working (I still have my SNES plugged in for this very reason.)

Users who are viewing this thread