BLIC 2007 video out

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
brad352 said:
Everything other than online play should be part of minimum expectations for a cricket game and should've been in the last release, hardly revolutionary changes

Not but if implemented well will essentially deal with all of the complaints that the last one brought other than the difficulty of the single player game. So for him to say it's the same game I think I've shown that already it's not. If the AI is improved as well, then Codies will have produced the definitive cricket game on the market.

Funny thing is everyone talks about it being too arcadey in terms of sixes, me and a mate have played almost 15 test matches and the run rates have varied from as high as 4-5 to as low as 1.5-2.5. They also nearly always went 4-5 days. If you play it right, with the right opponent, it was always a fun game, if you add in the missing features from last time, then it becomes a very good game.

rubbergenius

Club Cricketer
Dunkyboy said:
Dear oh dear. When are we going to realise that codies et al only pay lip service to forums like this and see us as harmless geeks to be humoured. At the end of the day, the only thing they, or EA, or any other software company is interested in is shifting units. That's capitalism. They haven't designed this game for cricket enthusiasts - that's why it will still be a case of "point the analogue stick in the direction you want to hit a six". They are releasing essentially the same game as last time but tarting it up and tying it in with the cricket world cup to cynically milk a few more bucks from us mugs. Oh bollocks. Just realised that we've all been had again. :crying

Apologies for the forthcoming rant ;)

We're not trying to pull a fast one or get one over on anyone, and I'm not trying to pay "lip service" by visiting these forums - it's not some grand conspiracy!

"Tarting it up" actually means all the extras that should have been in the last game along with these all-new graphics, anims, AI, online play, tutorial modes, custom players section and a lot more under the bonnet to hopefully make a more realistic game.

Of course, you've made your mind up from a 45 second video with around 30 seconds of action in it, made four months before game launch. I'd say the only cynical one around here is you in that case, not us...

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
rubbergenius said:

We're not trying to pull a fast one or get one over on anyone, and I'm not trying to pay "lip service" by visiting these forums - it's not some grand conspiracy!

"Tarting it up" actually means all the extras that should have been in the last game along with these all-new graphics, anims, AI, online play, tutorial modes, custom players section and a lot more under the bonnet to hopefully make a more realistic game.

Of course, you've made your mind up from a 45 second video with around 30 seconds of action in it, made four months before game launch. I'd say the only cynical one around here is you in that case, not us...
Calm down Rubber.
We all are backing codies to pull of a good cricket game as always

manee

Chairman of Selectors
rubbergenius said:

Apology accepted :D

D

Deleted member 11215

rubbergenius said:

thats my post of the year, how can people decide how 'crap' a game is without the game even being released let alone a demo.

mehkar

International Coach
amazing reply by rubber loving his post

sharmaz

Club Cricketer
Have respect to the time this team has taken making this game, 05 was a strong game and a few changes will make it near perfect :)

Rubber, I noticed you said the game is four months from release, does this mean we will get it in April (im not acting dumb :S ) but I thought the release date was in March.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
aditya123 said:
Calm down Rubber.
We all are backing codies to pull of a good cricket game as always

Not everyone obviously or he wouldn't have had to pull that brilliant rant :)

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
I understand and don't mind if this is a crap video (in terms of it looking exactly the same as 05 apart from graphics) as long as its changed for the release...

Ankit kukreti

Club Cricketer
The Video is just a Trailer and I would also like the game much improved from 2005. But I really like that Codies have shown intrest in making cricket games and this will be the first online cricket game :happy.

If it is like 2005 then there will be disappointment but I think overall BLIC 07 will be best cricket game.

Last edited:

Dunkyboy

School Cricketer
rubbergenius said:

Yikes, looks like I touched a raw nerve there. I think rubber doth protest too much however. Also, four months? Is there something you want to tell us about the release date? Listen guys, all I'm saying is remember that our expectations are never entirely met by any game, and that companies can't help but exploit that fact. No matter what rubber might say, codemasters job is not to listen to us lot bang on about what colour the fielders helmets should be etc. It's to sell a game which is marketed as a world cup tie-in and which is designed to appeal to as many people as possible, not just the hardcore cricket fans like ourselves.

The fact remains, however, that the video looks piss-poor! :p

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
Everyone's got there opinion's but honestly, at first glance there would be part of you that says "looks it's 05 all over again!". Like everyone has said, video's shouldn't base your opinion on the entire game.

Judging is too hard before you've even layed your hands on the cover of the game.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Dunkyboy said:
Yikes, looks like I touched a raw nerve there. I think rubber doth protest too much however. Also, four months? Is there something you want to tell us about the release date? Listen guys, all I'm saying is remember that our expectations are never entirely met by any game, and that companies can't help but exploit that fact. No matter what rubber might say, codemasters job is not to listen to us lot bang on about what colour the fielders helmets should be etc. It's to sell a game which is marketed as a world cup tie-in and which is designed to appeal to as many people as possible, not just the hardcore cricket fans like ourselves.

The fact remains, however, that the video looks piss-poor! :p
Of course you've touched a nerve. Codies have put a lot of work into this game (As some of us have seen for ourselves), they've brought it in-house wheras BLIC was made by Swordfish studios. Then you accuse them of doing next to nothing. Its not going to be a simulator thats for sure, but its not trying to be one, its a game.

Users who are viewing this thread