Bowling help

B

boris

Does anybody else have problems bowling with anything other than the standard X. (Sorry, this must be the only cricket 2004 site in the world, and it covers mainly PC, I'm playing this on PS2) Anyway I can't bowl a slower ball or a leg cutter or anything like that. And how does the positioning the position on the ball in the bottom left work? Does anybody have tips on how I can pick up more wickets? Please?

R

rumble

if u can bowl nething, just keep bowling yorkers in front of middle stump.... they'll try 2 drive eventually and u'll take out middle..... :D

D

deadduck

What happens when you press the other buttons?

There is a problem with the pc version, I assume the same for ps2, that off cutters and leg cutters don't appear to do anything. The slower ball should have a different action to regular balls, and should be slower of course.

As for the dot, for fast and medium fast bowlers just ignore it. But for swing bowlers, it determines the amount and direction of swing, and for spinners the amount of turn and direction (ie for wrong-uns you put it on the other side as leg breaks)

B

boris

Well basically when you press x the circle stops and you bowl. You press circle/square and nothing happens, nothing on the power bar either. It's irritating when the opposition can bowl a slower ball propwerly and you can't. Is there a set pattern for the dot on the ball or not? I get a lot of swing in the opening 5 overs with Harmison and Collingwood and sometimes Shoaib, but it's not easy.

D

deadduck

eh? you're pressing x and then trying to select slower ball?
If that's the case, there is your problem.

To bowl a slower ball, press the slower ball button from the very beginning, then press it again when you want to bowl it.

If that's not the case, then your post is very confusing.

Anyhow, even if you can't ever bowl slower balls I wouldn't be too fussed. Slower balls in c2004 aren't that effective, neither are cutters. I'd be more worried about your spinning options.

B

boris

Right I'll explain.

X works, no bother.

The other buttons, wen trying to bowl, don't.

When I'm using a spinner, the scenario is the same.

Does that make sense?

D

deadduck

And there is no problem with the controller?
:(
Do the buttons work while batting?

B

boris

Yeah they work perfectly for batting. I've even tried different controllers.

Users who are viewing this thread