Bowling speeds

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
The patch is causing changes in the bowling speeds with the result that the fast bowlers are bowling nearly all their deliveries at 67mph (107kmh) and the spin bowlers (all the spin bowlers) are bowling nearly every delivery at 49mph (78kmh). This doesn't seem to affect the swing or medium-fast bowlers. Which files are responsible for this change and is it possible to undo it?
Colin

S

screenname

I have the same problem. Everyone is bowling slowing. Same Speed as barmyarmy

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I think it's an exe problem again as the bowling speeds are fine running the original exe.
Colin

PS to Vineet: Hope we're not harrassing you too much. This is meant to be constructive feedback. You've done a great job on the patch.

S

screenname

Yeah Vineet You have done happy thoughts of a job on the Patch.
THANK YOU :D

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Is no-one else (apart from me and abhi2223) having problems with the bowling speed? I have downloaded the update and it's sorted out the sound problems but not the bowling speed problem. It's ridiculous for a fast bowler like Gough or Lee to deliver all their balls at 67mph (107kmh) and in the same way it's crazy that all the spinners are bowling at 49 mph (78kmh).

Can anybody help, please?

Colin

S

screenname

I downloaded the Update and Installed it and I still have the problem. Same bowling speeds as barmy described. I can handle the Fast Bowlers bowling at 108 KMh but its really had to hit a 78 Kmh ball. :angry:

J

jericho007

I have not had any problems only loss of sound.
What I have done is downloaded the modified exe. file called "bat.exe" and it has made the game really good.
You do not see the cursor till just before he bowls and the bowling speed and swing is challenging to say the least. You have to react fast.

J

jericho007

I got it off this site, but just tried to get it again and says it does,nt exist.
Maybe Vineet can put it somewhere

A

Admin

You should reads the annoucements I put up you know :angry: :)

We are shifting all files to fileplanet and the links (also on hosted sites lke OcCeania and Gaming Zone) will all be broken. We're working to fix them as soon as possible.

J

jericho007

Compared the "bat.exe" and "normal.exe" last night. With the "bat.exe" I was facing some balls bowled at 152klms hr. Plus, you see the cursor later which makes the game realistic.
Using the the "normal exe" the max delivery speed was 108klms hr.
I have put the "bat.exe" on my homepage , so download it from there.

http://home.iprimus.com.au/ramm1/bat.zip

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Thank you for putting the patch on your website. I tried the .exe out and you're right about the quickies bowling at the correct speed but the spinners are still bowling at 49mph (78kmh). It is better having the cursor later but seeing as you can't have the world cup teams when you use it it isn't really worth it. Thanks anyway.
If anyone is any closer to discovering why the world cup patch changes the bowling speeds can they tell me as it is really ruining the game at the moment.
Cheers,
Colin

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Just to confuse things still further I just played the world cup exe on test mode and all the bowling speeds were fine. This was for tests and ODIs. It's a temporary solution for anyone who is having the same problems (I only know about abhi2223) but it means you can't play as or against the minnows unless you don't care about the bowling speed when you play them and run the game normally. Hope that makes some kind of sense - I'm still confused!
Colin

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
excuse my terrible english (it's meant to be my first language as well)

"It's a temporary solution for anyone who is having the same problems (I only know about abhi2223) but it means you can't play as or against the minnows unless you don't care about the bowling speed when you play them and run the game normally."

should read:
"It's a temporary solution for anyone who is having the same problems (I only know about abhi2223). It does mean that you can't play as or against the minnows unless you don't care about the bowling speed. In which case, run the game as you would normally when you play them."

Hope that makes more sense,
Colin

J

jericho007

When you mentioned that you played it on test mode.
Do you mean hardness level ???
As my game only has easy/normal/hard settings.
Might have different wording than the version released here in Australia

Users who are viewing this thread