Bowling tips

Skankhunt 42

Banned
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
After so many frustrating days i finally found how to bowl in ODI :
1.Be simple dont try so many variations just bowl standard deliveries as much if you getting help from pitch.
2.Always aim stumps , dont bowl too outside or too much on leg side try to hit 1st stump to right hander.
3.Field placement its important if you place your field according to line and length batsman will not thrash you.
4.Always remember if AI didn't score on first 4 deliveries they will try to thrash last two deliveries and don't miss that chance.
5.Spinners are crucial in this game if you know how to bowl spin you will control AI.
6.Bouncer are very effective always bring chance to get wickets but again field placement for bouncer is necessary.
7.Remember after 30 overs ball start to reverse so watch big eyes it will help you to adjust your line and length.

Some good points! Also some, like point 2, is not so correct! The AI tends to play on legside a lot! I wonder whether you've tried to be McGrath on pitch, because it works like charm! You, bowl continuously on 5th wicket line, and you'll be rewarded with wickets on 3rd slip, gully, third man and even at cover.

Surprised to get one play down last night. Huge inside edge to an inswing that crashes middle stump. Never knew that animation existed!

.Jambo.

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Any tips for right arm leg spin? I was going ok bringing it back into left handers but no wickets recently. Against right handers I get mainly catches to the keeper but again, not much. Ripping the ball hard, chucking the odd googly and slider in, but not much luck. Finding it harder the higher my stats have gone to get wickets.

rasdan

Club Captain
Any tips for right arm leg spin? I was going ok bringing it back into left handers but no wickets recently. Against right handers I get mainly catches to the keeper but again, not much. Ripping the ball hard, chucking the odd googly and slider in, but not much luck. Finding it harder the higher my stats have gone to get wickets.

try and bowl straight with perfect timing.i find it tougher to set fields for spinners so that part is crucial.when bowling spin i always bowl a good length top spinner last ball of the over as it often causes batsmen problems

.Jambo.

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
try and bowl straight with perfect timing.i find it tougher to set fields for spinners so that part is crucial.when bowling spin i always bowl a good length top spinner last ball of the over as it often causes batsmen problems

Yeah fields are tough, I concede less when I go more aggressive. Thanks for the tip about the top spinner I’ll give that a crack tomorrow.

rasdan

Club Captain
Yeah fields are tough, I concede less when I go more aggressive. Thanks for the tip about the top spinner I’ll give that a crack tomorrow.
i use the top spinner primarily to prevent a boundary last ball of the over but now and again the batsmen will simply not read it an play and miss giving the chance of a catch/stumping[DOUBLEPOST=1531494198][/DOUBLEPOST]anyone have any views as to whether its better to bowl spin at a full length or good on a soft pitch?

ok just to update im now bowling spin much better than before,kuldeep and ashwin are doing great for me v pakistan.again field settings are really crucial,bowling straight with as close to ideal spin as possible and using a top spinner last ball of the over.good length on soft pitch,full on a hard surface.thats working for me.batsmen tend to hit with the spin so for a right handed batsmen facing a right handed off spinner you would need a strong legside field setting whereas it may be the opposite for a leggy

Last edited:

Cricket Lover 1943

Club Cricketer
Variation in bowling /bowlers is a key. Alter the length and line to get best results on cutters and swings. Change sides to get better angles.

Mix in some slower deliveries, cutters and cross seam delivered. Cross seam bouncers worked most of the times for me in DBC17. Yet to get a wicket off it in AC17.

Add to it, a good field plan against each batsman knowing his / her strengths and weaknesses.

Pull the Keeper closer to stumps for some pace bowlers, this probably increases chances of nicks.

Some pace bowlers do well in their 2nd spell or with an old ball.

Use the variation ball as the 3rd or 4th ball of an over rather than as the first ball to a batsman in an over. If there was a mistimed shot in previous delivery, you have better chance of getting wicket of the next one. If you're not getting wickets, don't panic. Just try to break the rhythm of the batsman or get him beaten on some deliveries.

What puzzles AI/Online players the most is when you alter the length at the last micro second before releasing the ball.
Bowl inswing yorkers Ai cant bat

Last edited:

N Jones

Club Captain
How much does rubbing the ball make a difference..some people are saying it does..others are saying it doesn't make any difference..I rub it perhaps twice an over sometimes once

rasdan

Club Captain
How much does rubbing the ball make a difference..some people are saying it does..others are saying it doesn't make any difference..I rub it perhaps twice an over sometimes once

same mate i do it a couple of times an over and it has become something i do religiously now whether it does anything or not.One thing im sure of is that visually if you dont rub the ball at all the 'shiny'side is much dirtier than if you do rub it

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Balls bowled with a "6 o'clock" seam bounce less. Good way to get a wicket, especially if you like to have a bat-pad.

Users who are viewing this thread