Brian Lara Cricket Problems! - Plz Help...

blchuzzy

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi

I've got the Sold Out edition of Brian Lara Cricket. But.. I'm having some problems with it!

It installs fine, goes through the FMV's at the start fine but.. when I get to the main menus, the sound cuts off & there's no music, nothing! So I load up the match (still no sound), it goes to the coin toss, the coin is tossed & the team picks Bat or Bowl then it just stops! The 2 captains just stand there, & it doesn't move on to the game!

Graphics Card:- 32mb Nvidia Geforce2
Sound Card:- SoundMAX Digital Audio (?)
Processor- P4 1700mhz, 128mb ram
DVD Rom & CD-Rewriter Drives (No normal CD-Rom drive)
Operating System - Windows 98 SE

Any help?

Thanx

Huzzy

Edited By blchuzzy on Feb. 17 2002 at 11:39

Saptarshi

Club Cricketer
I think this is the biggest problem faced by newbies. Probably everyone who has onboard audio eg. AC97 has this problem...

Firstly try updating your drivers from the audio card manufactureres site... If this does not help then....... Please shut down the sounds and music from the settings in BLC to "OFF"... Shut down the game and then start it again. This should possibly help you out..

Saptarshi

Club Cricketer
If your classic games work properly... without pausing.. then the above thing should solve your problem.....

blchuzzy

School Cricketer
Nope! Still no luck!

Thing is on my m8's computer it works.... his system is a

Processor- AMD K6-2 500mhz, 256mb Ram
Graphics Card - 16mb Hercules Prophet 4000XT
Sound Card - Soundblaster 128

Any more suggestions of why mine is doing this?

Huzzy

B

bomber

Saptarshi is right, turn off the music, exit the game and make sure you restart your pc. I had the same problem, and the new setting's did not take control until I restarted the computer.

Good luck.

A

Anonymous

blchuzzy
i think you have a intel mobe.your sound is onboard(sound max)the problem is with the onboard sound.download latest drivers from www.intel.com(i think 14+ mb).and check.

Saptarshi

Club Cricketer
Didn't the offing of sound from the menus help ???? Please try it ??? I am very very sure it works !!!!!!!!!

MarioJ

School Cricketer
All you have to do is go to World CUp and go through all the screens, then the music will work

Tanmay

Club Captain
easy just befor u start any match..... go in tournament start the world cup and then the sound suddenly comes (start means choose all the teams n there a video will come)

My pal had this prob jus do this every time u start the game

POST IF THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED

Ahad

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I also got some problem in BLC,after selecting the teams,the loading screen comes & returns to the desktop.

afreedee

Club Cricketer
Tanmay said:
easy just befor u start any match..... go in tournament start the world cup and then the sound suddenly comes (start means choose all the teams n there a video will come)

My pal had this prob jus do this every time u start the game

POST IF THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED

erm, you do know that post was over 5 years ago?

uzair rko

School Cricketer
blc 99 HAVING PROBLEM PROCESSOR CLOCK

i have installed blc on xp and when i select to execute the game it says tht ur processor clock speed is -1899mhz and minimum requirements are 200mhz so can any1 help and telll whts the solution of it????

vibes992000

School Cricketer
This happens when the sounds in game are not properly initialized. You can fix this by any of these methods (though fix #d is the easiest and fastest one):

a) Start BLC, start a World Cup Tournament from Match > World Cup > Select Number of Overs > Select Human Teams > Select Host Nation. Don't bother about choices made because you don't have to play the tournament to fix the problem. Once the tournament starts just Quit it and you will come back to the main screen with all the sounds. Now you can play the game.

b) Another method you can try is to go to the settings menu from the main menu and turn off the music. Now restart the game and it should work.

c) Do not press any button in the main menu. When you leave the game runnig as it is without interferin for some time, the computer will start playing a demo game. As soon as that game starts hit enter to return to main menu and you will have sound in the game.

d) When BLC loads, there appears a photo of Brian Lara, just before the Main Menu appears. Here press the direction keys on your keyboard a few times and you will hear the buzzing sound. Now press Enter and you will have the Main Menu with sounds and music.

Rayhaan786

School Cricketer
i got brl07 it works perfectlly fine up to the team selection once ive clicked advance then
it loads once it has then the screen shuts down
can someone plz help me thks

Users who are viewing this thread