• no

Votes: 14 16.7%
  • may be some other cricket game for wii

Votes: 4 4.8%

• Total voters

RIPPA MATE

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
you dont need a foot placement mat or something like. just simuate a shot and that should happen on the game. the remote sould pick up the desired shot.

marapets

School Cricketer
omg how amazing wud this be it wud be like the real thing if they bring it out im defo gonna get a wii

Almost_Austwick

International Captain
RIPPA MATE said:
you dont need a foot placement mat or something like. just simuate a shot and that should happen on the game. the remote sould pick up the desired shot.
How will the remote know whether you've gone backwards or forwards? You need something to tell the game the movement and I'm afraid it won't be able to get all the information needed from the wiimote.

RIPPA MATE

Club Cricketer
Almost_Austwick said:
How will the remote know whether you've gone backwards or forwards? You need something to tell the game the movement and I'm afraid it won't be able to get all the information needed from the wiimote.

say if ur playing a back foot defencive shot you move back, if you had a wiimote in hand it would sence you going backwards

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
It's not that easy. The sensitivity level will either be too sensitive or not sensitive enough. Playing a backfoot defense shot would probably end up reacting in the game as a backfoot shot. Simply the technology isn't up to scratch yet and you can tell by how baseball and golf play.

Vikram_Sajid

School Cricketer
press up on the dpad to move forward, press down on the dpad to move backwards

or it automatically decides for you??

FenrissAussies

School Cricketer
LA ICE-E said:
it would be amazing to have blic for wii.... like baseball you would be able to feel like your bating and bowling if they came up with one for wii... as for ps3 and xbox 360 they should be coming out because it would have alot better graphics..... agree or not?

A cricket game for the Wii would be exciting it may be the reason i buy one but it would not have better graphics as the ps3 and the Xbox 360.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Having now played baseball on the wii I think some work needs to be done before cricket is practical.
It's pretty hit and miss (to coin a phrase!) where the ball actually goes and there's no real sense of playing the sport.
That said if they get it right I can see it really taking off :)

LA ICE-E

Club Cricketer
off topic but- so you are playing a baseball game in england? i thought baseball isn't popular there and its crickets home (beside soccer)...so why do they sell baseball there when its not popular but they dont sell cricket here in the US? plus why do people around the world atleast know the or heard about baseball but outside the commonwealth no one knows or even heard about cricket?

kodos

International Coach
I think Colin is talking about wii sports which is free with the wii console. I agree Colin that it is kind of "hit and miss", the ball goes randomly unless if you really time it off the middle of the bat. Also for some reason when I under arm the ball it goes faster than overarming it unless if you really throw it hard. Plus I have a feeling wii sports was probably a 1 month job because the graphics were poor and I guess is a game you play if you have no other game to play :D

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
I got past that game so fast. Real fun at the beginning but it just losts it fun after a while.

Like I keep saying it seems to be quite hard for them to actually find some way to sense that the ball is actually hit where you want it. I always seem to try and hit to the mid-on area but it always ends up in different directions.

There might be a chance of Wii Sports 2 with the addition of more sports and maybe even cricket.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
How sensitive specifically is it? I have played a game where you have to hit it but it often went in a different place.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
kodos said:
Plus I have a feeling wii sports was probably a 1 month job because the graphics were poor and I guess is a game you play if you have no other game to play :D

Wrong... It's more a technical demonstration as to what can be acheived using the controller. The graphics are not what the Wii is relying on to sell consoles.

Almost_Austwick

International Captain
skateboarder said:
How sensitive specifically is it? I have played a game where you have to hit it but it often went in a different place.
The controller is quite sensitive but at the moment some the games using it are not.

Baseball is a good example as it seems the game is set up more so that you just hit the ball with the computer 'deciding' where the ball goes rather than the player being able to 'place' the ball. I guess the idea Nintendo had is to create a very simple and easy to play game in order to entice new players who may be put off by the more complex games seen on other consoles.

Once developers get to grips with the design package we should get to see more sophisticated games with a higher level of sensitivity and therefore hopefully a model that will become workable for a cricket game.

Users who are viewing this thread