'Bring on the lousy pitches'

Mercules

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Too true.

People played on uncovered pitches without helmets for years why should batsman be so protected now.

P

pcfan123

In reference to the Kotla wicket it reminds me when the first test between England and the Windies was abandoned in the late nineties.I think it was Kingston.

Last edited by a moderator:

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Yes I remember watching that test live on TV. It was a horrible pitch even worse than the Feroze shah kotla one.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
I love the quote by Botham (I think) in the video, something like "its meant to be a even contest, this test cricket". Well ████ look at what the game has become now.

TumTum

International Cricketer
I love the quote by Botham (I think) in the video, something like "its meant to be a even contest, this test cricket". Well ████ look at what the game has become now.

I disagree, this is only the case in some places.

What you want is Test matches lasting 5 days but a result almost always. And I think that happens enough for people to be satisfied.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Test match pitches are not that bad but ODI wickets are too placid IMHO. Not even 350 guarantees a victory any more. While it may be good for spectators but this sort of a thrashing will discourage bowlers and young kids may think twice before choosing to be a quickie.

King Cricket

International Coach
Yep. Cricket's getting a bit stereotyped nowadays, with batsmen being the rulers everywhere. Will be nice to see some vicious actions.

Users who are viewing this thread