Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Post Match Update
updatebtgr5.png

Broadys messing around of the batting order and Blairs failure again looked to be the costly thing in this match. They fell about 30 runs short of what they needed against a side with a competent top order and it was that top oprder thanks to a magnificent 100 from their number 3 got them home to a tricky but attainable target of 272. Broadys lower order ineptness once again proved costly has they failed to add the few runs that could have taken them to victory. The moving around of the batting order was not a clever idea but I feel i'm finding the right order and getting a good sense of where to bat people. Another 50 from dangasela shows his class batting at 1 but next week he'll be 3. Blair got a start and out and I'm going to leave him at 2. 3 ingram got out for a golden duck,really dissapointing when given extra responsibilty but because hes a natural finisher i'm going to move him to 6 next week.Thay showed his fantastic batting again with an impressive 75 when we were just in a spot of bother.he's staying at 4,his best position. Hockley showed why his selection was a good one and he'll be batting at 5 again next week following an unbeaten 88.Mckenna made only 1 so I'm going to put him at that position :p next week and try to get him to make some quick runs. Another quickfire 16 from my keeper and a capitulation from my tail got me to 271 all out. Then bowling wise Sadlier proved his pop was good ;) and he can only bowl at number 2. Bowled very well taking 2-44. McKenna was awful again,going to have to look for pops soon or a new bowler and maybe him as a pure bat. Mellor was rubbish again,I need some money now. Might sell Blair soon. Oh yeah one of their bowlers took 6fer but who cares :p howell 1-57 ok given the wicket, Wingham 1-51 off 7 overs, way too expensive. An alright performance though,if we beat the bot and the other promoted team we could survive.No interviews I don't have the time. Oh yeah last update for a week because I'm going Portugal but this pleased me-- Gate Receipts: 85,813 :D I'm out of debt and soon will be back on track

the image is way too small. battrick users will know how to find it ;)

Last edited:

handsome

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Good effort by Broady CC. It will be intresting to do the shufflings , i am also starting the season with you but isn't shuffling the order much. COz my players are uptil now doing a good job:p

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Yeah its once again the lower order pulling you down... Tough Luck joe! :cool:

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
no :p in the mean time Broady won a friendly with a classic Blair 150 and lost the killer relegation battle. Looks like we're down now and having lost some members it looks a tough season

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
got to do this quickly with school soon:

Match Preview
Broady V elite XI

Reporters summary:
elite xI Broady
Top Order: respectable mediocre
Middle Order: mediocre feeble
Lower Order: abysmal worthless
Seam Bowling: respectable woeful
Spin Bowling: competent feeble
Fielding: feeble abysmal

Won't win this unless they rest a few and i get ridiculously lucky. In other news I sold Rimmer for 2K. Btw my bowling was only woeful because i played Ingram as a bowler by accident.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
weekend review
Once again i was busy but we lost twice, once to the team i previewed and once to PC member gray nicholls team. There was some performances of note in the first game which with the bat we put up a fight thanks to 80 from Dangasela and 90* from Thay but the 2nd game was apalling.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
PC member gray nicholls team.

You played an massive team and hence the expected result ;) Gud luck for this week's games.

PhilD123

International Coach
Yep, unlucky last weekend Joe. I'm sure your fortunes will improve this weekend and you'll turn the corner in your season after a shaky start in a new league.

Good work Joe.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Well, Broady team travelling all the way to India to play Hunting Tigers this weekend :D Interesting weekend match ahead :cool:

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
yep i will preview everything properly ths week because i've got nothing to do :p

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Match Preview- Sky Blue Army V Broady
Broady
Top Order: feeble
Middle Order: feeble
Lower Order: worthless
Seam Bowling: feeble
Spin Bowling: feeble
Fielding: abysmal
Sky Blue Army
Top Order: respectable
Middle Order: feeble
Lower Order: worthless
Seam Bowling: feeble
Spin Bowling: mediocre
Fielding: abysmal
4th in the league and a strong oufit. Unless I can do some damage early on in their innings and my batsman perform i will lose. Will be very tough but you never know.At the minute i sit bottom of the league with no points, 4 behind the closest 3 teams :( but there is still hope.

The team

Cockerill (WK) After rcent pops moved him up the order until i find the cash to buy a good opener.
Blair
Dangasela
Thay (C)
McKenna (B3)
Ingram
Hockley Batting depth :D
Mellor (B1)
Howell (B4)
Sadlier (B2)
Wingham (B5)

Experimenting but may as well in a game like this

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
I can see that top order only a problem for you Joe.. If the luck comes by your way tomrw, you can still win it.. Should be good contest! :) Prbly batting second might turn the things in ur way.

PhilD123

International Coach
Sadlier and Mellor really need to perform for you with the new ball. You could do it, but it's gonna be mighty tough.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread