Bug Report Discussion

AliKhan215

Club Captain
The issues reported get looked at, including those related to online and sliders.

Pages and pages of debate about whether things should get looked at or not are not helpful. Neither the frequency of posts about something, or the person who reports something are factors in when something gets looked at - it all comes down to is how severe an issue is, and whether we can get enough information about the reports in order to work out the problem and do something about it.

This thread is intended entirely so that the dev team can ask follow up questions that help get reported issues resolved - we need clear information, not exaggeration or shouting. Everything else simply gets in the way and makes it harder for the things you want fixed/improved to get sorted.
My only concern is... can’t we get an approximate date where we can be expecting something? Not that this is the end of the world, but our league has been suspended since before the release date.

I completely understand that this shouting part is not very pleasing to see. But, I think people are rather frustrated not being able to play the game (Online gaming community) when they have waited for it for months. Having done the same thing(waiting) for DBC 14/17 in the past, we just wanted a solid game without these obvious issues. Small issues which still are very annoying, can be dealt with patience, but the issues such as timing, shots, difficulty, sliders etc. this part was very well fixed after the patches on the previous games made by BAS but still came back somehow on this game.

I know looking at the past is not the way to go ATM, but we did also wait for a patch on DBC 17 that never even came and instead a new title was announce (Ashes Cricket) so we thought, better they make a new game with all the current issues fixed.

I’d say if we online players can just get some news coming in when this patch can be expected, it would mean a lot to us and our league-play which has been going on since 2014, could be dealt with also. We love your games.

D

Deleted member 185125

Platform: Xbox one
Game Version:0.1.0.1.0354 (day one patch)
Game Mode: competition
Match Type: Odi
Teams used: Ind vs Sri
Ground: Dont remember
Over Count: dont remember

Issue (one line description): bowler changes field on free hit even when batsman dont change ends.
Also batsman cannot run after ball hits the stump during run out chance
Bug description (detail):
These two issues have happened n number of times and not just related to one match

Game also allows you to change the field after a no ball without batsman changing ends.

Ntinku_naveen

School Cricketer
Hey Big Ants,
Ashes cricket 2017 :-
Since offline game play is just tremendous and it gives unbelievable experience, I am not going to talk about much about positive aspects of the game, so with the great appreciation for all your hard work am moving forward to online game play review / bugs
hope below mentioned stuffs help you guyz to narrow down issues and will help to make the game even better

1 .Looks like difficulty level has not taking effect in online game play , is it because modifiers not getting locked during online games ? because we noticed pro,veteran or legend level looks pretty much same
2. Ball markers dosent show where its going to pitch/swing , most of the time its round circle
3 when we place fielders on boundary line , they are far inside from the boundary rather being near the edge of the circle
4 we are allowed to keep only 5 saved games currently , please make it to 10 save files like in dbc 17
5 few shots batsman tend to play with wrong shot animation ,say when we play towards backward square leg , ball travels straight back pass the bowler
6. medium pace bowlers cutters are turning un realistic ,in fact turners more than spin bowling

Thank you once again for all your hard work !!
Looking forward to hear back from you
cheers,

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Platform: PS4
Game Version: V0.1.0.1.0363
Game Mode: Competition (Custom)
Match Type: Test
Teams used: Australia v West Indies
Ground: Sydney Cricket Ground
Over Count: 0.0
Issue (one line description): Simulation
Bug description (detail): Created custom Test championship. Intending to play all England matches and sim all others. When pressing triangle to simulate the very first fixture that is between Australia and West Indies the game crashes.

Edit: Just tried the other fixtures and it didn't crash but did so again with Oz so could it be only crashing for games involving Australia (Fully licenced on-disc team)?
Can I get that competition save file - or otherwise, what settings you used to make it?

ContoCricketer

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Game Version:0.1.05
Game Mode: Ashes
Match Type: Test Match
Teams used: Aus ( controlled by me ) V Eng
Ground: Gabba
Over Count: 79th Over
Second ball of the over I bowled a leg cutter which got an edge and was caught behind.
I appealed and the umpire gave it out but the next ball just started as if he was given not out.
Two balls later I bowl a fuller out swinger and edge and caught again , I appeal and given out but the batsman is not dismissed...

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
@Gokul.Krishna.B

Platform
: PS4
Game Version:v1.05
Game Mode: All
Bug description (detail): Minor gameplay bugs. The game is not properly tested. There are a lot of onfield bugs. Then there are fixable inconsistencies like fielder running back for the catch not even looking at the ball. No sweeping field action on the boundaries. AI Player/wk collecting the ball not doing the stumping. WK throwing to the stumps facing away from the stumps with 100% accuracy. Commentary being wrong. Appealing not happening if not done in the first few seconds. Logo not displaying properly for teams downloaded from the academy. Logos on the team jersey looks pixelated and darkened on the edges. Facial hair customisation are limited and poor in quality.

if you read the rest of this forum you will discover this game has been tested for months prior to release, unlike previous titles, please do not make assumptions, this game has received 5 updates already, all future updates will go through a beta test group and things will be fixed

and in future please specify exact bugs so that the developers can fix it "Inconsistancies" "A lot of onfield bugs" way too general, things cannot be fixed with useless bug reports

thank you

Gokul.Krishna.B

School Cricketer
@Gokul.Krishna.B

Platform
: PS4
Game Version:v1.05
Game Mode: All
Bug description (detail): Minor gameplay bugs. The game is not properly tested. There are a lot of onfield bugs. Then there are fixable inconsistencies like fielder running back for the catch not even looking at the ball. No sweeping field action on the boundaries. AI Player/wk collecting the ball not doing the stumping. WK throwing to the stumps facing away from the stumps with 100% accuracy. Commentary being wrong. Appealing not happening if not done in the first few seconds. Logo not displaying properly for teams downloaded from the academy. Logos on the team jersey looks pixelated and darkened on the edges. Facial hair customisation are limited and poor in quality.

if you read the rest of this forum you will discover this game has been tested for months prior to release, unlike previous titles, please do not make assumptions, this game has received 5 updates already, all future updates will go through a beta test group and things will be fixed

and in future please specify exact bugs so that the developers can fix it "Inconsistancies" "A lot of onfield bugs" way too general, things cannot be fixed with useless bug reports

thank you
Please don't see my comment as a blind criticism. What I said is "not properly tested". As much as I like the game I have bumped into a lot of unpolished edges. I do not want to shine a bad light on the devs but these should have ironed out in the testing phase or in the aforementioned patches already. I do think all here including you want the game to be the best like I do. And the best thing to do is to get the devs attention to get these fixed.

And regarding the generalisation comment, I have already listed two prominent bugs that i have noticed above and along with it a few inconsistencies are listed in the post too eg: AI responses.

On a side note I am a Dev too. My works are not bug free. None of the releases are. I only wish this game to be perfect like you do.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Can I get that competition save file - or otherwise, what settings you used to make it?

Many thanks for the response. I deleted that comp and started a new one without Oz. I'm playing as England and the other fixtures simmed so hopefully they'll all work in the next rounds.

It's a custom Test League. Done the same for ODIs and T20Is. Eight teams, two rounds so fourteen matches. 10 points for win and five for draw or when you say settings were you expecting something more technical?

Many thanks again. Loving the game.

mazd

International Cricketer
Has the bug about the lofted cut shots going towards mid off being reported yet?

mazd

International Cricketer
Game Version: v0.1.0.1.0369
Game Mode: Careee
Match Type: T20
Teams used: Mumbai vs Maharashtra
Ground: NA
Over Count: NA
Issue: Unwanted Super over
My Team won by a huge margin and yet the match went into a Super over.

Anyone experienced this?

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Yes , I did.

Weird one this , picked it up yesterday while testing out all the Shots with the Bowling Machine.

You end up hitting it anywhere between Extra Cover and Mid Off , sometimes for a one bounce four ....

Overall , the Overpowered Batting only came to play in my 2 x Online matches so far , when I played against the Bowling Machine , it felt much more closer to what it should be.

StephenC

School Cricketer
Game Version:v0.1.0.1.0370
Game Mode: Any
Match Type: Any
Ground: Any
Issue: Out-fielding near the boundary much worse than in DBC17 - players often don't dive to stop the ball or they pick up the ball and run outside the boundary line
Bug Description (detail):
I often play with fielding set to semi-automatic and the out-fielding issues are persistent - many easy boundaries result when the players could have stopped the ball before the boundary line. Most common bug is fielders picking up the ball near the boundary and running out with it

Press triangle, and he'll flick the ball behind him before going over the ropes

Users who are viewing this thread