Can A Mod Close This Thread, I Am Starting A New Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Great to see your two strikers bag a goal each, in a vital victory. Looking forward to read the review of the last month, especially seeing those lovely fixtures :p

covlad-99

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah thats coming right up, and you are all in for a treat tonight, as I am going to do another match too if I can get it all done by 9!

OCTOBER 2007 OVERVIEW: COVENTRY CITY

Well, another good month in my opinion, with 3 wins, 1 draw and just 1 defeat exactly the same as last month (September)
We finished the month 1 place higher than last month in 3rd place, and I was very, very happy at how things were shaping up. Sheffield United were having a great season so far, unbeaten and winning 8/12 matches they had played so far. The team who had the best month was Ian Holloway's Plymouth Argyle, who went unbeaten throughout the month and climbed to 9th in the table. Holloway deservedly got manager of the month. Player of the month was Sheffield United's Michael Tonge, young player of the month was Burnley's Kyle Lafferty.

Coventry 0 - 1 Burnley
The worst possible start to the month, a very boring match which had very few opportunities, Burnley's Andy Gray getting the only goal of the game and I was disappointed for the fans more than anything.

Charlton 1 - 3 Coventry
An amazing win at Charlton was probably my best in charge, high flyer Michael Mifsud grabbing 2 goals, and Kevin Phillips got his first for the club. Dean Sinclair scored for the home side, but it turned into a consollation goal in the end, I gained the supporters backing again after this game.

Bristol City 1 - 2 Coventry
Another away win, and I was very proud of the way my players dealt with this one at Ashton Gate, Trundle gave Bristol the lead at half time, but Jay Tabb and an inspirational Julian Gray got us the winning goals, and to add insult to injury for Bristol, their big man Enoch Showunmi was sent off for an elbow.

Scunthorpe 1 - 1 Coventry
I expected a win from this game, but by the end I wasn't disheartened by the draw as to be fair to Scunthorpe they did defend very well, and hit us on the break superbly. Anyone can beat anyone in this league, so I was happy to settle for a point, although I call it 2 points loss rather than a points gain. Mifsud got another goal to put us in the lead, but after half time, Andy Butler equalised for the Irons.

Coventry 3 - 2 Southampton
Another performance to be proud of, we had beaten a side that were 2nd in the table and had been unbeaten in 12 games before the game, so this was a very close contender to the Charlton match to my best in charge, but nevertheless, Phillips, Tabb and Mifsud (again) scored for us, whilst Saint's Marek Saganowski was on form with the two for Southampton. A great win.

NOVEMBER FIXTURES:
QPR A 3/11/07
Watford H 6/11/07
Barnsley A 10/11/07
Colchester H 24/11/07
West Brom H 27/11/07

League table:

Right, I'll do as best I can to get the QPR game done now.

Last edited:

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Well a good month again, and as in real life the title challenge is tight. I know it's only been 13 games but right from 20th up to 6th there is only 1 point for every place above, except for the teams with same points.

Norwich having a poor start again, as well as Sheffield Wednesday!

Last edited:

covlad-99

International Cricketer
Yeah, they'll both get new managers soon and go flying up like real life! Its looking quite realistic so far, bar Coventry :p
Anyway, update done and another good result, not quite 9 o clock but hey!

3/11/07

Today, we were away to QPR in our first game of the month. QPR were currently 10th in the League and coming off the back of a defeat to Preston,and a draw to Ipswich. So they were in dire need of 3 points. It was going to be a cagey game, with neither side wanting to give in, and I felt another win coming on!

Injuries now. Liam Davis was still the only casualty of the squad, so again we had nearly a full squad to choose from.

Now to the team news. I was unchanged from the squad that faced Southampton, bar one change, Cairo was in for Pattison on the right.
Here was the starting XI:

--------------------------Marshall
D.Simpson---de Zeeuw---Ward---Borrowdale
Cairo---------Tabb-----------Doyle-------Gray
--------------------Mifsud-------Phillips

Subs (5): Simmonds, Thornton, Osbourne, Best, Pattison.

I arrived at QPR's ground, Loftus Road, and I was feeling good after a good month, I was happy that the players were clicking, and I really felt I didn't need to change the squad that much every week. I got into teh dressing rooms with teh lads, we had the usual chat and talk, and we were off to watch the game.

6 GAME FORM GUIDE:
QPR: W D D W L D
Coventry: D L W W D W

A great start, Tabb putting a delightful ball through to Mifsud, who crossed to Phillips, whose shot was brilliantly turned over by England U21 keeper Lee Camp. Cairo took the corner, but Julian Gray was penalised. And in the mele, De Zeeuw had to go off. I brought Pattison on for him and Pattison went in teh centre of midfield. On 13 mins, Dexter Blackstock had a great chance for the Home side, but he dragged his shot wide. Still 0-0. On 18 mins, Mifsud was put through by Gray, but his shot hit the side netting. On 37 mins, Pattison hit a shot from 20 yards, but it was tipped over again by Camp. And that was half time. A decent half, and I was going to make a change. Best on for Phillips.
On 48 mins, we got the goal we craved, and what a goal, a ball in from Cairo was headed out, and Jay Tabb volleyed from all of 25 yards, and it fizzed right into the top corner. fantastic, and Tabb carries on his great form. 1-0. On 62 mins, Gareth Ainsworth hit a fierce shot from 30 yards, and it was brilliantly held by Marshall. On 68 mins, I brought Doyle off for Osbourne. The next chance came in the 92nd minute, a Mifsud cross headed just wide by leon best. Still 1-0. Full time, and we got a very good 1-0 win, again our away coming up trumps. I was very happy we managed to keep a clean sheets after Arjan going off so early, and having to play with 3 at teh back. Well Played. In the game Kevin Phillips made it a massive 400th career league appearance.

QPR 0 - 1 Coventry
Tabb

Marshall-7
D.Simpson-7
Borrowdale-7
Ward-7
de Zeeuw-7
Gray-7
Tabb-8
M.Doyle-7
Cairo-7
Phillips-6
Mifsud-7
--------------
Pattison-7
Thornton-unused sub
Best-7
Osbourne-7
Simmonds-unused sub

Man of the Match was Jay Tabb

covlad-99

International Cricketer
DAVIS RETURNS

Young Coventry winger Liam Davis has returned to full training after a foot injury. The winger has spent most of the season on loan at Wrexham, in a very successful loan spell, and hopes to play against Watford.

6/11/07

Today, we were at home to Watford. Watford were currently 6th in the League and coming off the back of two defeats and a draw, and only 1 win in 6, so were in desperate need of the points, and I was not about to sit down and let them have them. Watford were rellegated from the premier League last season after a shocker of a season, and had kept hold of their better players, so we were in for a tough ride.

Injuries now. Liam Davis was back from injury, however didn't play today, but Arjan De Zeeuw was out with a sprained neck, suffered in the 1-0 win over QPR just 10mins into the game.

Now to the team news. Pattison replaced Gray on the left whilst Cairo kept his place on the right. Leon Best replaced Kevin Phillips up top, and Leon McKenzie returned to teh bench in place of Donovan Simmonds who dropped out of the side. Ben Turner started at centre back in place of injured de Zeeuw.

D.Simpson---Turner---Ward---Borrowdale
Cairo---------Tabb-----------Osbourne-------Pattison
--------------------Mifsud-------Best

Subs (5): McKenzie, Thornton, Doyle, Phillips, Gray.

I arrived at the Ricoh and I wlaked straight into my usual route to the dressing room, and again, I saw Tony laying out the kits. He congratulated me on how well I was doing at the moment, and he said if I kept it going, I would be the "best young manager in the game without doubt." This really got my confidence up even more than it was before, and I was definately going to win this one. Well I hoped I would anyway...

6 GAME FORM GUIDE:
Coventry: L W W D W W
Watford: L D W L D L

A great start, Mifsud running through a couple of players and shooting. A couple of minutes later, Mifsud had another chance, this time he put Osbourne through, his shot was nicely tipped over for a corner. On 30 mins, Watford had a glaring opportunity, Nathan Ellington all on his own, but Andy Marshall got body behind ball and cleared fantastically. 50 seconds later, Tabb put Best through, but again, the shot was well saved. On 33 mins, King got the wrong side of Turner, who gave a free kick away in a dangerous position, Tommy Smith stepped up and delivered a peach. B*llocks. 1-0. On 38 mins, Watford had another free kick in a veru promising position, Jay DeMerit hitting it, the wall blocked it and it caused a mele in the box, Marshall making an unbelievable double save to keep us in the game. And that was it for the first half. ANd action-packed first half, but it was a poor one from us. We had our chances but never looked like scoring. At half time I brought McKenzie on for Best.
McKenzie had an immediate and clinical impact, Cairo crossing from the left, and McKenzie somehow got a foot on it to make it 1-1! WOOOHOOOO!! 5 minutes later it was 2-1! Tabb winning the ball in the centre fantastically, passing to Cairo who put an amazing ball in to Mifsud, who finished clinically!!! 2-1!!! On 62 mins, Marlon King had a great chance to equalise for Watfor, he dragged his shot wide. Then I made a change, Gray on for Pattison. On 64 mins, Watford equalised. Lloyd Doyley whooting from 20 yards, and it went fizzing into the top left hand corner. 2-2. On 70 mins, Watford regained the lead, Ellington broke free, passed to MArlon King who finished the move off. 3-2. F*ck. On 72 mins, we should have grabbed an equaliser, Borrowdale crossing to Mifsud, who shot from 4 yards, but his shot was somehow kept out. 4 minutes of injury time were signalled, and it looked like the game was over...Until, Danny Simpson put an amazing 50 yard cross right onto Julian Gray's volley, and he made it 3-3! WOOHOOO! The subs hving a huge impact on the game. Full time, and what a game, 6 goals and I was over the moon with a very good point against probably the best side in the division. And again, my subs having a huge impact. I only made 2 changes in this game as I thought that the players played really well today, I just wish we didn't concede 3 goals! And we were now unbeaten in 6 games. Great point.

Coventry 3-3 Watford
McKenzie, Mifsud, Gray

Marshall-6
D.Simpson-7
Borrowdale-7
Ward-7
Turner-6
Pattison-7
Tabb-7
Osbourne-7
Cairo-7
Best-7
Mifsud-7
--------------
Gray-7
Thornton-unused sub
Phillips-unused sub
Doyle-unused sub
McKenzie-7

Man of the Match was Lloyd Doyley

CAIRO OUT FOR 2 WEEKS

Coventry winger Ellery Cairo will be out of action for up to 2 weeks after he suffered a sprained wrist in the 3-3 draw against Watford yesterday. Cairo, 29, has just broken into the side after being out of favour but impressing in reserves. Cairo played very well against Watford setting up 2 out of the 3 goals that Coventry scored, and he will be missed for the next game or two.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
2 good results for you there Craig! Especially the 2nd as Watford are definitely one of the best sides in the league. A very end to end game it seems. Going well still, promotion a major possibility!

covlad-99

International Cricketer
I will let you in on some news, we are second in the league at the minute! We are really playing very well at the moment. Next update MIGHT be later tonight.

covlad-99

International Cricketer
6/11/07

Today, away at Barnsley. Barnsley were currently 6th in the League and performing above themselves, and having a great season so far. They were coming off the back of 2 brilliant wins against Ipswich and Preston, so they would fancy their chances. We were unbeaten in 6 and off the back of a fantastic point at Watford, so were were also fancying our chances, it was going to be a great match.

Injuries now. We had three players out injured. Arjan De Zeeuw with a sprained wrist, Ellery Cairo with a sprained wrist and Julian Gray went down with a touch of the flu last night, and that was a massive blow for us.

Now to the team news. Liam Davis made his first league start of the season on the left of midfield in place of ill Julian Gray, Pattison on the right, and Adebola came to the bench in place of Cairo, and Ben Turner kept his place in the centre of defence.

Pattison--------Tabb-----------Osbourne-----Davis
--------------------Mifsud-------Best

Subs (5): McKenzie, Thornton, Doyle, Phillips, Adebola.

We arrived at Oakwell and walked unto the dressing rooms, and we could feel the buzz. We were all on a high after performing so well in recent weeks, and we didn't think for a momen tit was going to stop. We had a chat, not the usual this time, it was more of a "Lets keep this going!" chat, and the lads understood perfectly and off we went.

6 GAME FORM GUIDE:
Coventry: W W D W W D
Barnsley: D D D L W W

A decent start, but the first chance fell to Barnsley, Devaney had a one on one, but Andy Marshall put him off and he scuffed his shot wide. On 5 mins, we nearly got the breakthrough. Best put Tabb through, but Tabb's shot was sensationally fingertipped wide by Keeper Muller. On 11 mins, Barnsley had a corner, Devaney took it, and Reid headed home. Shocking marking as usual, and it gave Reid a free header. Damn. 1-0. 2 minutes later, Liam Davis did some great work down the left, and took on 2 Barsley players, put a delightful ball in which was volleyed by left back Borrowdale to make it 1-1, 1st goal of the season for him. 1-1. Thats better. On 15 mins, Tabb crossed to Davis superbly well, but Davis's header went wide, but great positioning from Davis, who was having a good game. On 18 mins, our defence fell apart yet again, Devaney just ran right through and slotted home. 2-1. FFS. On 33 mins, Cambell-Ryce had a glaring chance, he shot high and wide from all of 6 yards. Poor finish. On 39 mins, we f*cked up again. Poor defending as usual and we made it 3 sloppy goals. What the hell are they doing. Thats just useless. 3-1. On 40 mins, we were back in it again. A superb Borrowdale cross, went through 4 Barnsley defenders and fell to Leon best who made it 3-2. Come on lets get an equaliser. Just before half tme, we had the chance to equalise, jay Tabb deflected shot was smartly saved by Muller. Halftime 3-2. Poor defensive hafl, good attacking half. Devaney running rings around us. No changes at half time.
On 51 mins, we had a great chance to level, Best sending Mifsud on his way, but Muller somehow saved. 3-2 still. Grrrr! 2 mins later, and another opportunity, best this time had 2 shots well saved. Something had to give. I brought Turner off for Philips to play a 3-4-3. Another chance, Mifsud passing to Phillips who had all the time in the world, but stupidly took it first time and wasted the chance. What a stupid decision. Still 3-2. COME ON!!! ANOTHER CHANCE!!! best one on one and he F*CKED IT UP AGAIN!!!! Time for my last changes. Best off for Adebola and Doyle on for Osbourne. COMEON!!! ANOTHER CHANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Doyle having a shot saved from 5 yards. Get the f*cking ball in the net before I actually shoot myself. 89 mins, and we messed another chance up. Adebola being a selfish b*stard and shooting from about 120 yards, over. Game over and we quite literally f*cked it up. How many shots do you want before scoring. Shocker. Our unbeaten run ended.

Barnsley 3-2 Coventry

Borrowdale, Best

Marshall-6
D.Simpson-7
Borrowdale-8
Ward-7
Turner-6
Pattison-6
Tabb-7
Osbourne-7
Davis-7
Best-7
Mifsud-7
--------------
Doyle-6
Thornton-unused sub
Phillips-6
Adebola-6
McKenzie-unused sub

Man of the Match was Martin Devaney

COVENTRY SIGN BERGER

Coventry City have signed former Aston Villa, Portsmouth and Liverpool midfielder Patrik Berger on a free transfer. Berger, 34's, contract ran out last week, and Tough said he was delighted to bring Berger's experience into the side. Berger, who retired from International football in 2002, made 2 appearances for Czechoslovakia and 42 for Czeck Republic scored a total of 18 goals.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Tight game again, but this time on the other end. Should beat Barnsley really, especially with the position you're in, but they had decent form coming into the game.

Berger is a good signing. Quite old but still got the quality. Will do a good job down that left wing!

covlad-99

International Cricketer
Yeah, we just couldn't get the ball in the back of the net. As far as Berger goes, I may use him in the centre of midfield for two reasons. 1) No one has really established themselves in that position except maybe Jay Tabb 2) he may well tire having to run up and down the left wing, and I have a few people that can play on that position (eg Cairo, Davis, Gray, Pattison...) I saw his contract hadn't been renewed, and I thought, why not? He is stil a very good player, and has great range on him.

covlad-99

International Cricketer
DE ZEEUW BACK IN TRAINING

Coventry have been boosted by the return of skipper Arjan de Zeeuw. De Zeeuw has been out for a while with a sprained neck, sustained after just 10 mins into a league game. Manager, Tough said he was delighted to have him back, however he may not play in the next game as rival Colin Hawkins has been insturmental in training, and may get his chance.

MIFSUD + BEST REPRESENT COUNTRIES

Coventry duo Leon Best and Michael Mifsud both represented their countries this week. Leon Best played well for his Ireland U21 side, netting a goal in Ireland's 3-3 draw with Israel U21s. Michael Mifsud's Malta had a very good performance, just losing to Euro 2004 Champions Greece, Mifsud was a threat all game and bagged a goal for the away side.

CAIRO RESUMES FULL TRAINING

Coventry's Dutch winger Ellery Cairo is back in trainign after sustaining a sprained wrist. Cairo was fantastic prior to the injury, and Craig Tough was very happy to have him back again after a mediocre performance against Barnsley away. Craig Tough was disappointed, however Coventry currently have the best away record in the league.

TURNER PLAYS FOR ENGLAND​

Coventry's young defender played a solid game for the England U19 squad, as they played well but lost to Craotia U19s 2-1. Turner spoke to the CCFC official site after the game, and said he was disappointed to have conceded the goals, but apart from that he was satisfied. Manager Craig Tough said he was glad Turner came through the game unscathed.

BEST + MIFSUD PLAY FOR COUNTRIES AGAIN​

In a packed week of International football, Coventry attacker Leon Best played for Ireland U21s for the second time in a week, after a solid game against Israel U21s, he played pretty poorly against the French U21 side, as Ireland were hit for 5 by the French. Tough praised the fitness level of Best, as he has played a string of games in a short amount of time. Coventry's other striker, Michael Mifsud, had another great game for Malta, his side losing out to Norway 2-1. Mifsud got on the scoresheet against Greece earlier in the week for Malta, and he did so again for Malta.

24/11/07

Today, we were at home to Colchester. Colchester were currently rock bottom in the league, and having a very poor season, with no promise being shown. They were coming off the back of 2 defeats against Sheffield Wednesday and Wolves, so they were pretty low on confidence. But, with Teddy Sheringham leading the way up front, something had to give for them, so it could've been a harder game than I first thought.

Injuries now. Thankfully there were no injuries coming into the game as everyone had recovered over the international break, however I had a bit of a headache over who to choose. Howeer, Isaac Osbourne was suspended after reaching the limit of 5 yellow cards.

Now to the team news. De Zeeuw was back from injury, however he was some way off match fitness, as a neck injury is hard to train with so he hasn't trained for 2 weeks, so he started on the bench, Ben Turner came out well after his international so he started alongside Elliott Ward at the back. In the middle, new signing Patrik Berger replaced suspended Isaac Osbourne in the centre of midfield alongside in form Jay Tabb, Julian Gray started on the bench, and Ellery Cairo went straight in from injury to replace Liam Davis, who dropped out of the side, Pattison started on the left. Up front, Best was very tired after playing twice for Ireland last week, so Kevin Phillips deputises. Michael Mifsud also played two last week, and scored in both, but he came up surprisingly well and started today. Huge boost.

Cairo--------Tabb-----------Berger-----Pattison

Subs (5): McKenzie, Gray, Doyle, de Zeeuw, Best.

I arrived at the Ricoh Arena, eeling a bit torn. Our away form was fantastic, but our home form was only good, so I was sure of a tight game, in which if we lost, the fans might have been on my back which I really don't need at the minute, so I really wanted a win. The lads arrived and I told them a similar thing and told them to do it for the supporters. Come on City.

6 GAME FORM GUIDE:

Coventry: W D W W D L
Colchester: L L L D L L

A good start, Simpson crossing from the deep, Pattison nodded the ball back to Mifsud, who's shot scraped the top of the bar. Unlucky. On 10 mins, Colchester nearly grabbed the lead, Ward and Turner wit some awful marking saw the ball drop to Sheringham, who shot but they were thankful to Marshall for a brilliant save. 18 mins, and we got a goal, Patrik Berger with an amazing through ball to Kevin Phillips who finished. What a ball from new signing Berger. 1-0. On 20 mins, it was nearly 2-0, Mifsud chasing a seemingly impossible ball, and managed to catch it, shot from 20 yards, and his shot went inches over. He had Basso in allsorts. On 38 mins, Patrik berger took an amazing corner, it swerved all sorts of ways, and Phillips was tugged down in the area. penalty. Berger playing superbly, and himself and Phillips having a great game. Berger went over from the corner to take the penalty, and cheekily chipped it into the corner, a goal and an assist on his debut so far, not a bad return ;) . Half time, and Patrik berger had run Colchester ragged. He had a part in the first goal, setting up Phillips, is corner winning the penalty in which he stood up and scored. Great game so far, 1 change at HT, Turner off for De Zeeuw returning from injury.
The first chance of the second half came on 55 mins, Sheringham having a crack from 20 yards, but his shot was comfortably seen wide by Marshall. On 57 mins, we took a blow, Berger limping off with an injury. I made my last changes. Doyle on for Berger, and Gray on for Cairo. And on 60 mins, the game was turning upside down, Sheringham getting Colchester back in it. 2-1. On 66 mins, the two goal lead was restored, and what a way to restore it, Pattison winning the ball back on halfway, beating 4 Colchester players, put Mifsud through who shot from an angle on teh edge of the box, and it went flying past the keeper. Beauty. 3-1. Mifsud. 81 mins, was the next chance, Phillips was put through by Tabb, but his shot went wide. Still 3-1. 3 minutes of extra time was signalled, and they came and went quickly, and the final score was 3-1. Very proffesional performance and I was ecstatic that Berger played so well, but VERY disappointed that he went off injured.

Coventry 3-1 Colchester
Phillips, Berger (pen), Mifsud

Marshall-7
D.Simpson-
Turner-7
Ward-7
Borrowdale-7
Cairo-7
Tabb-7
Berger-8
Pattison-7
Mifsud-8
Phillips-7
--------------
McKenzie-unused sub
Gray-7
Doyle-7
de Zeeuw-6
Best-unused sub

Man of the Match was Patrik Berger

BERGER OUT FOR JUST A WEEK

Coventry were relieved to hear that new signing Patrik Berger will only be out for a week after a head collision saw him go off the field and replaced. Patrik was having an unbelievable game, and Tough was worried to see him go off, but it was today revealed that Berger's scan was not as serious as first thought, and he will only miss 1 match at most.

27/11/07

Today, we were at home to West Bromwich Albion. West Brom were currently 13th in the league, and having a very poor season, they had probably the best squad of players in the league, but they were performing poorly. They were coming off the back of 2 defeats against Ipswich and Southampton, so they were in desperate need of the points, so it was bound to be a hard match. Kevin Phillips will be playing his last club for the first side since his move.

Injuries now. I am very disappointed to say that Patrik Berger isn't fit, and didn't play today, very disappointingly. Isaac Osbourne was back from a ban, but Danny Simpson started a ban after recieving his 5th yellow card of the season against Colchester.

Now to the team news. Berger and Simpson were both out so they were replaced by Osbourne and Best, I went for 3 strikers so a very attacking formation. Also, De Zeeuw came into the side for Ben Turner who dropped to the bench. Adebola made the bench.

Osbourne---de Zeeuw---Ward---Borrowdale
-------------Cairo--------Tabb----------Pattison
-----------------------------Best

Subs (5): McKenzie, Gray, Doyle, Turner, Adebola.

I arrived at the Ricoh Arena, again, really wanting a win in this local derby. But again, I knew our home form wasn't the greatest but alas, nor was West Brom's and they were standing 10 places behind us.But West brom had the quality to punish us so I was going to be on the edge of my seat the whole game. The players arrived, we had the usual, and out we went.

6 GAME FORM GUIDE:
Coventry: D W W D L W
West Brom: W D W D L L

A shakey start, Gera passed to right back Hoefkens, who crossed to MacDonald, but his header was well tipped over for a West Brom corner. On 5 mins, the 3 striker system started to come into action, the West Brom defenders were outnumbered, and Jay Tabb passed to Mifsud who had a clear run through, he hard a curving shot, but it went just wide. Well played. A minute later, West Brom thought they'd scored, but Sherjill MacDonald was flagged for offside. Unlucky. HAHAHAH!!!! On 15 mins, we nearly took the lead, Pattison crossing to Best, as the other defenders were marking Mifsud and PPhillips, but Kiely saved phenomenaly. From the resulting corner, Ellery Cairo picked out 5ft5inches Michael Mifsud at the back post unmarked, the shortest player in the league heading home a corner. WOOHOOOO!!! 1-0. Mifsud again. His 17th of the season. On 23 mins, West Brom were unlucky not to have drawn level, MacDonald swung a right boot at the ball, and his shot thumped against the bar. Unlucky. HAHAHA!!! On 33 mins, we had the West Brom defence in knots again, they didn't know who to mark, and Mifsud was clean through again, but his shot was brilliantly saved by Kiely again. On 42 mins, it should've been 2-0, Pattison crossing, Best volleying, the shot was saved, and it came out to Cairo who just needed to hit the target, but it was hard to control and he pulled his shot wide. Half time, and I was thrilled at teh performance so far and I didn't change a thing. The defence were playing a lot better.
On 52 mins, West Brom nearly equalised, Koren shot from distance, but his shot was superbly tipped over by Marshall. The keepers playing brilliantly today. 55 mins, and Mifsud should have made it 2-0, Best passed to Phillips, Phillips put Mifsud through, but Mifsud's shot was poor and it went out for a goal kick. The West Brom defence just couldn't handle thos front three. I made all three of my changes. Gray on for Cairo, Doyle on for Tabb and McKenzie on for Pattison. On 70 mins, we nearly scored again, McKenzie doing fantastically to win the ball and slot the ball through to Best, but Best's shot went over the bar, but a great strike from Best. On 75 mins, West Brom should have been level, MacDonald missing an open goal from all of 6 yards. What a chance. That was the last noteable action of the half, and we had come away with a fantastic victory. What a win, and the fans had a lot to cheer. Superb.

Coventry 1-0 West Brom

Mifsud

Marshall-7
D.Simpson-
de Zeeuw-7
Ward-7
Borrowdale-7
Cairo-7
Tabb-7
Best-6
Pattison-7
Mifsud-7
Phillips-7
--------------
McKenzie-7
Gray-6
Doyle-7
Turner-unused sub
Adebola-unused sub

Man of the Match was Andy Marshall

So, two FANTASTIC results. And that ends the month's fixtures. Thats didn't take long! Seems like yesterday I was writing last month's overview! Next update tomorrow.

Last edited:

covlad-99

International Cricketer
Might do 3+ matches today, as I don't have a lot on, what with the real life Coventry match being called off.

covlad-99

International Cricketer
ANNOUNCEMENT:

I am very sorry to announce, that it is the end of my story. Whenever I try and load my game, it says "Unable to load" and it does this every time, so I am unable to get into my game. Unless anyone has any suggestions, I'm afraids, its game over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread