Can A Mod Close This Thread, I Am Starting A New Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander999

ICC President
Haven't posted for a long time, but it is great to see the story going so well. Coventry have had a pretty good start so hopefully they will be able to maintain it. KUTGW mate

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
sorry toughie i will pay more attention to my story but i will try to keep up with yours

covlad-99

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
We must bare in mind, that Coventry, in real life are 19th in the league! So I am confident I won't get sacked next week :p Thanks for the comments everyone, and the next update is coming right up.

covlad-99

International Cricketer
2nd in charge ;) Next game v Burnley will be up shortly.

2/10/07

Today we were at home to Burnley. Burnley were currently 11th in the League and coming off the back of two straight defeats to Wolves (Carling Cup) and Leicester. But we knew that they were no mugs, and with players like Andy gray and Joey Gudjonsson, they could easily get us. Anyone can beat anyone in this league.

Injuries now. Isaac Osbourne still hasn't recovered from his illness, so he misses out. And also, Michael Doyle will be suspended if he picks up a yellow card, as he is on 4 and if you get 5 you're suspended.

Now to the team news. As Isaac Osbourne was out, he was replaced by Stephen Hughes on the bench. Also, Adebola was match fit, so he replaced Leon Best up front. Also, Gray drops to teh bench and is replaced by Matty Pattison

Here was the starting XI:

--------------------------Marshall
D.Simpson---de Zeeuw---Ward---Borrowdale
Tabb------Doyle---Thornton---Pattison
--------------------Mifsud-------Adebola

Subs (5): Phillips, Turner, S.Hughes, Best, Gray.

I arrived at the Ricoh again, and met Tony again, we had a quick chat again before the players arrived. Soon the players did arrive and we wetn through the lineup. Isaac Osbourne was at the game, but was a spectator after suffering an illness. We went through the usual chat and off we went.

6 GAME FORM GUIDE:
Coventry: W W W L W D
Burnley: L W L D W L

An uneventful start, the first chance coming on 10 mins, for Alan Mahon of Burnley, his shot going wide.The second was also Burnley's, a David Unsworth free kick saved fantastically by Andy Marshall in our goalmouth. On 31 mins, Andy Gray got past de Zeeuw as if he wasn't even there, and slotted past Marshall. 1-0. Rubbish. On 35 mins, we had our first real chance, Micky Doyle putting Thornton through, but yet again, we wasted it. On 45 mins, we got another glaring opportunity. Mifsud firing over from 6 yards. Him of all people. Useless. And that was the end of a very poor half. What a load of garbage. Something had to give. I brought Adebola off for Phillips.
Again, a very uneventful start to the half, the first chance was for Kevin Phillips, who's shot won a corner. Phillips got his head to teh corner, but it was scrambled off teh line. It just wasn't our day. The next chance came in the 88th minute, Mifsud crossed in, only for Jay Tabb to be carelessly off side. I made my subs. Pattison on for Gray and Best on for Thornton. Nothing happened and that was it. What a crap match and a poor result. The players didn;t show any heart today and by that I wouldn't be surprised if tehy were Conference players. Rubbish.

Coventry 0 - 1 Burnley

Marshall-7
D.Simpson-5
Borrowdale-7
Ward-7
de Zeeuw-7
Gray-7
Thornton-7
M.Doyle-7
Tabb-7
Adebola-6
Mifsud-6
--------------
Phillips6
S.Hughes-unused sub
Best-6
Pattison-6
Turner-unused sub

Man of the Match was Andy Gray

Last edited:

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Crap match! Unlucky about the result, you seemed a bit harsh on them at the end. 'Conference' players? :p

Unlucky about the loss, judging by their raitings they weren't that bad. Anyway you are still exceeding expectations. Keep it up. :)

Highlander999

ICC President
Oh dear not a good result for your boys. You should give them a massive row in tomorrow's training.

Nice pres though and good quality story.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Well that is really very poor. Burnley can be a good side, but not to pose any threat to them is showing form of the real life Coventry. Hopefully we don't see a slip in form through this month...

covlad-99

International Cricketer
Cheers ;)

TURNER CALLED UP

Coventry's 19 YO defender Ben Turner called up to U19 England squad to face Azerbaijan, Scotland and Wales. Turner, 19, has played a few games for Coventry this season and has said he is happy with his Coventry career so far. Tough said he is delighted to have young talent in the squad because it raises the bar of even the more experinced members in the squad, and a young lad like Ben (Turner) can run all day non-stop! Same can't be said about Arjan (de Zeeuw) at the tender age of 37!

6/10/07
Today we Away at Charlton. A very hard game, which was frustrating as it was a must win game to get the season back up and running after we had 2 poor results in a row, in a scoreless draw against Ipswich and a frankly awful performance against Burnley last week. Charlton were doing even worse in their last 2, with defeats against Preston and Ipswich. So we were both desperately needing the pojnts. I just hope it wasn't going to be a cagey draw.

Injuries now. Isaac Osbourne still hadn't recovered from his illness, so he was left out again disappointingly. And also Michael Doyle picked up his 5th yellow card of the season against Burnley, so he was suspended. Another big blow.

Now to the team news. Michael Doyle was replaced by Stephen Hughes who started at centre mid, and Michael Hughes was back in the squad. Also, Wayne Andrews made the cut after some great performances in the reserves, and he starts at right mid, and Turner made way for him, as I rested him because of the international games he is set to play for the U19s. Also, Adebola and Thornton dropped to the bench and Leon Best came into the starting lineup alongside Michael Mifsud.
Here was the starting XI:

--------------------------Marshall
D.Simpson---de Zeeuw---Ward---Borrowdale
Andrews------S.Hughes---Tabb---Gray
--------------------Mifsud-------Adebola

Subs (5): Phillips, M.Hughes, Adebola, Thornton , Pattison.

SO I arrived with the lads at Charlton's ground, The Valley, and I was the most nervous I'd ever been coming into a Coventry match as manager. I knew that if I didn't get a result, the pressure was on. AlthoughRay (Ranson) gave me his full backing, I was worried about what the fans would be like if we got defeated today. So we got into the dressing room, and we got ready and I gave the players the best speech I could possibly give. If there was one player I wanted to do well, it was Wayne Andrews. He had performed fantastically well in reserves, getting an 8 and 2 9s in his last 3 games, and he was feeling nervous, it was all over his face and I reassured him that no pressure was on him today. But out we went.

6 GAME FORM GUIDE:
Charlton: W L W W L L
Coventry: W W L W D L

A decent start, Mifsud having the first chance, but it was a hard one and it went wide. Good start. But on 8 mins, we were cut open and Dean Sinclair made it 1-0. Disbelief. On 20 mins, we had a chance, but Mifsud was very greedy and wasted the chance. On 27 mins, Mifsud used his blistering pace to pounce on a dreadful ball from Sodje, and Mifsud fired home for 1-1. WOOHOOO!!!!. On 40 mins, we had the chance to take the lead, but again it was wasted as Leon Best made another poor shot. On eminute of added time was called, and that went quickly. And I was very pleased so far. We showed gut. I brougth Phillips on for Best at half time. And off we went.
On 54 mins, Dean Sinclair had a great chance fro teh Addicks, but it was brilliantly saved by Marshall. On 60 mins, Kevin Phillips played the best long ball I have ever seen, 70 yards to put Mifsud through at the other end. And he made no mistake. WHAT A GOAL AGAIN!!!!!! 2-1!!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!!! And on 64 mins I was in shock. A poor passback from Mattock, was pounced on by kevin Phillips, who got his first goal for Coventry, he changed the game, and we were looking good for a great win against the favourites for teh league title. WOOOPPEEE!!! On 69 mins, Izale McLeod had a chance, and it was again FANTASTICALLY saved by Marshall. What a save, and what a performance. We had turnedit on at just the right time. And on 81 mins I made my last changes. pattison on for Gray and S.Hughes on for M.Hughes. 4 minutes of added time were called, and Mifsud thought he had his hat trick, but it was rule out for offside, gutted but very happy! And that was the end of my favourite match as the City boss. times like these when you just love football!

Charlton 1 - 3 Coventry
Mifsud (2), Phillips

Marshall-8
D.Simpson-7
Borrowdale-7
Ward-7
de Zeeuw-7
Gray-7
Andrews-7
S.Hughes-7
Tabb-7
Best-7
Mifsud-8
--------------
Phillips-8
M.Hughes-7
Adebola-unused sub
Pattison-6
Thornton-unused sub

Man of the Match was Michael Mifsud. WHAT A WIN!!!!!! Thats 11 league goals for Miffy already!

covlad-99

International Cricketer
Next update tomorrow guys. I've been at the Eden Project all day, and I went to a Disco when i got back, so sorry, I haven't had the time! I might even do 2 games tomorrow to make it up to you!

Burnsy1

Club Cricketer
good going so far. giving a good push for promotion at this rate. great work keep it up

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Big win that against Charlton. Mifsud is unstoppable! Quality striker and deserves to be playing in the prem with finishing like that. Hopefully you can now push on and challenge the top teams...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread